Poll: The last GOOD Led Zeppelin album?

Dreamer of Theaters

Jun 15, 2011
I'd like to find out what you think was the last good Led Zeppelin album released before you stopped liking them as much, or maybe not at all. For me, I'll say Presence. Some great tracks on there. But the next album In Through Out the Door had some pretty weak tracks and they changed their sound too much. This is just my opinion, so how about yours?
Quick Note: Led Zeppelin I is not in there because that would make no sense, unless you really didn't like ANY of their work past that album.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
I don't really judge based on albums, I judge individual songs.

I can't think of any songs that I like from In Through the Out Door (Maybe I just don't know what's on that album) but I do like a few from Presence.

EDIT: Meant CODA. But I do like Presence.

excentric22

Sep 8, 2011
CODA's not really an album though, it was just bits and pieces that never made the cut for other albums. As for me...I love all Zeppelin. but there last GREAT album was physical Grafitti

Purple Shrimp

Oct 7, 2008
Led Zeppelin 2. 3 sucked, 4 only had a few good songs (and Stairway to Heaven was not amongst them) and the rest were even worse

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Purple Shrimp said:
Led Zeppelin 2. 3 sucked, 4 only had a few good songs (and Stairway to Heaven was not amongst them) and the rest were even worse
I love 3.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
The last one I can remember hearing a song from and saying to myself "that right there is a very good song" is Physical Graffiti, so... that one? Yeah, that one. It also has Kashmir, which is by far their best song, so I go with that one.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Have to say In Through the Out Door. John Paul Jones has always been one of my biggest musical heroes, and that album represents him almost single-handedly trying to keep the band fresh and relevant while the other members' personal lives were basically falling apart. Not Zep's best album by any means, but a fine swan song that hinted at possible new directions. A 9th album that fused Presence's heavy riffs and intricate guitar arrangements with ITTOD's lyrical sincerity and synth experimentation could have been Zeppelin's best work. Alas.

shadow_Fox81

Jul 29, 2011
A Weary Exile said:
I don't really judge based on albums, I judge individual songs.
Thats not very Zepp-headish.

i don't think Coda is a true studio album, rather a postumous tribute to John Bonham because a great many of its tracks feature him prominentlty. i love listening to Bonzo so i didn't hate Coda i just wish i could get a copy exclusively featureing him.

Physical graffiti is however the only real option because its an more of an album everything that followed was really just the last gasps of a towering colossus.