Poll: The latest episode of The Walking Dead. (spoilerish)

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
So I just got finished watching the latest episode of "The Walking Dead" (My new favorite TV show by the way.)
Me and my buddies started talking about what we'd do in the situation of going back to the city. For those of you who don't know what's going on there's a large party of people in the woods hiding from zombies, between them (you, a few close friends, and several strangers.) there's a couple of objects that can be used for close combat (baseball bat, axe, pitchfork, gardening hoe, ETC.) and an auto-shotgun with a dozen or so rounds available.

So the situation presented itself is that you and your friends had just escaped a city (your home city) and left one man handcuffed to the top of a large building slowly dying of thirst and exposure, not to mention the coming onslaught of zombies. (e was harassing your friend, beating him.) and below the building is a duffel bag with, several shotguns, a couple sniper rifles, two automatic weapons, and two dozen handguns, along with at least 700 rounds that the cop (you) looted from the local police station. Along with it is a walkie talkie, its counterpart is linked to a father and son who saved you from certain death and taught you the rules of survival. Your original plan was to meet up in the city and find a helicopter to fly to some islands off the coast. However the city has become so overrun that any kind of organized attempt to search out a theoretical object would be suicide.

So you must decide will you leave the temporary safety of camp for firearms, ammunition, and save the life of a man you doomed and reconnect with a family who will not survive without your intervention, or stay at camp until a move is absolutely necessary. There are no immunes (as far as I've seen in the series.) Any scratch or bite will infect you and the slightest touch on bare skin has a sizable chance to turn you.

Note: With Option 5 you will make it to the duffel bag and alert the man and son thus saving them. But your chances of surviving dwindle due to the immediate jump for the walkie-talkie.

Edit: Ahhh my poll
Ok,
Option 1: I would go back for everything
Option 2: Go back just for the bag
Option 3: Go back for just the man
Option 4: Screw it all
Option 5: Go for walkie-talkie as a main priority.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
2. The bastard on the roof shouldn't have been such a dick.

I didn't see the first episode though, so I'm not sure about the father and son.

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
Sn1P3r M98 said:
2. The bastard on the roof shouldn't have been such a dick.

I didn't see the first episode though, so I'm not sure about the father and son.
Well in layman's terms, you owe them everything.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
My friends and I actually argued about this for like an hour and a half.

You have to think logically in a situation like this.

What are the chances of your team actually getting back to that roof without suffering casualties?

What are the chances that the shambling hoard hasnt kicked that bag somewhere that it would be impossible to reach?

Why even rescue the guy on the roof anyway? Hes a dick. He deserved everything thats happened to him.

BrashHulk

Nov 4, 2010
Option 2. I grew up in the South and not only do I know dozens of people like Merle Dixon and his brother Daryl, but I'm unfortunately related to some of them. There's no redemption for people (and I use the term liberally) like Merle, and no excuse or reason for people of his ilk to continue breathing - in a civilized society, and doubly so in a post-apocalyptic world where banding together is the only means of survival. All the Dixons of this world do is foment dissent and place other lives in danger with their hatred, fear and ignorance. If I was Rick, I would've put a bullet in Merle's brain on that rooftop instead of wasting a good set of handcuffs.

Sep 9, 2010
If I choose option two do I get the walkie talkie as well? Either way option 2 but with option five as a high priotority secondary objective

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
Option 1. Here me out though. Yes the guy is a total asshole. But this is after the fricken Zombie Apocolypse. He's gonna be messed up. And of were specifically talking about te guy in WD, having someone who (presumably) is a really good shot would really help.

Morally the guy deserves to burn. But this isn't any other day. It's survival.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Option 1 go back for everything, Rick wouldn't be alive if it weren't for two seperate people saving his life. I'd hope someone would do the same to me, dying of thirst and exposure on a roof is no way for anyone to die. Glenn has shown us that a single person (or small group) can move around the city in relative safety if they're careful.

Don't get me wrong Merl Dixon is/was an arsehole and if I'd been Rick I'd have probably shot him then or there. But you don't leave a guy to die like that. But if you managed to rescue him, keep him on a short leash, he and his brother might be useful for hunting and shooting.

You need the guns and ammo, 12 pistols, 4-8 shotguns (can't remember the number), 2 rifles and at least 1000rounds. Plus the walkie talkie to help save the other two.

They should do the cover in zombie gore thing again, it worked.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
I'd go back to finish off Earl. You KNOW he's gonna wind up being the Governor in Seasons 2 or 3.

THEN get the guns and Walkie Talkie.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
blakfayt said:
Soo, umm, guns are out, let me just say, zombies hear, right? They move towards loud sounds, so why the fuck are we going to fire a god damn shotgun when a baseball bat to the head is quieter and just as effective? I've never understood the big fascination with zombies, but I'm just gonna say, why move, fuck that guy, fuck the loud weapons, and fuck everyone but me, if I live, it's all good.
Well yes you want to be quiet in general, but when the shit hits the fan guns will save you from a horde of zombies. Guns will also protect you from other surivors with guns or at least put you on an even playing field, this becomes an equally important threat later in the comic.

The implication was that zombies were going to start encroaching on their hideout (which is actually much better than the one in the comic which was just a field a few miles from Atlanta) and that their food was running out.

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
Icarion said:
If I choose option two do I get the walkie talkie as well? Either way option 2 but with option five as a high priotority secondary objective
There's a chance that you would be killed while on your way out. But it's a possibility but mostly on how well you'd survive in the situation.