Poll: The Mass Effect 3 Deadpool

Telasro

Apr 29, 2010
Personally, I'm putting my money on Shepard dying. They keep saying that ME3 is the last game to feature Shepard, and it seems like that would be as good a way as any of getting over him

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I think it may be Tali. Considering the apparent number of people that love her, would be a hell of a dick move...

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
If any characters die, it will definitely be a result of the players actions, ie. either you could have saved them or it was a choice between them and someone else like with Kaiden and Ashley.
If even a single character dies regardless of player input there will be massive player outrage, seeing as how that kinda goes against everything that has come before.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
I think it'd be interesting if like... Each squad-mate has a near-death experience and Shepard can sorta opt to take the bullet and save their lives. Shepard would survive each encounter, but not without sustaining permanent damage of some kind. With each squad-mate he saves, he gradually becomes weaker and weaker visibly (limping, facial wounds and scars) but without effecting gameplay. If Shepard manages to protect every squad-mate, by the end of the game there'd be... I dunno, something they'd have to escape from or something, and Shepard would be too weak to flee at the same pace as his team and would choose to stay behind to hold the line while everyone else escapes.

... Or something like that. I think it'd be neat and kinda heart-wrenching o.o

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
NOT GARRUS! IT CAN BE ANYONE JUST DON'T TAKE GARRUS!

I reckon they'll kill of Joker. He is a fan favourite and a fan favourite must always be killed. If they kill of Tali then there will be a shit storm, Joker will just be sad...Tali would be rage.

As for the squad members it's going to have to be all about how the game plays out for YOU. Just like ME2, your decisions are going to effect everything. I will cry if Garrus dies, he is my favourite.

Captain Epic

Jul 8, 2010
RatRace123 said:
I'm guessing Anderson, as he's the old mentor and it's surprising for such a character to live so long.

I hope that doesn't happen though, and I hope none of the squad dies either (especially Garrus and Wrex).

Oh, and I also have a feeling Thane's gonna go too, and not necessarily to the Reapers either. Unless he pulls a glorious last stand thing.
I really hope Thane has an awesome death scene. I mean It better be the highlight of the damn game(Or at least one of them). If Bioware actually kills him off because of his disease i will rage. I have a feeling Jack will die in some sort of an act of selfless redemption as well. Oh yea and Shepard is gonna personally murder James Vega.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
Maybe all the main characters will end up sacrificing them selves to give Shepard one final push to win, then he dies doing so.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Bioware clearly doens't have the balls to kill people off anymore.

May be a bit harsh, but it seems to me as if they bowed to pressure to give "perfect" endings, as in if you do everything right you can get through with no casualties, a la ME2.

Hell, I'm not even sure the Virmire sacrifice character (Ash/Kaiden) will stay dead, I'm half expecting some kind of climactic end game return/redemption thing from them.

But I agree with the person above that voted Anderson, as he was never a direct part of the team and didn't have loyalty missions, it'll be easier for BW to kill him off without the player feeling responsible.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
TheOneBearded said:
1.Shepard isn't included in the list for, if you play poorly, he will certainly die
Um, not necessarily the case. While that was true in ME2, ME3 may require Shep to sacrifice herself at the end. They did say this would be the last Shepard game ever, period. If she dies, then that sort of takes care of that.

Alternatively, it might change depending on a Paragon/Renegade choice. My previous prediction was as follows:

Paragon: Shep and HER ENTIRE CREW (including all of your options above) die nobly saving Earth from the Reapers, destroying the Reaper fleet, and bringing peace to the galaxy.

Renegade: The Sol System is destroyed (by blowing up the mass relay) to kill the entire Reaper Fleet (currently parked on Earth/in Earth orbit). Humans become a race without a homeworld like the Quarians are/were. Shep and his crew shrug cause the sacrifice of a few billion is nothing when it saves hundreds of billions. Needs of the many. Just did the math.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
I made an entire thread about Tali dying that got me my topic creation badges.

God, I hope she gets killed. I'll probably be asphyxiated by the vindicated laughter.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
The only one who I think could die no matter what you do would be THane, for the above mentioned Space cancer reason.

That being said, I'm half expecting a cure to just magically appear to make it so that any people romancing Thane get a happy ending. Then I'd start on my rage induced killing spree.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
Not sure why all the Tali love/hate...

I think Joker's odds of survival are extremely low, which bums me out because I really really like him - and I feel like of all the people who are out there willing to fight/sacrifice he's not really keen to see life end... the rest of them seem to be either fatalistic (Garrus springs to mind, see also Thane), think it would be glorious (Wrex/Grunt), or have a "it's part of the job" mentality (Miranda, Jacob, Samara, etc.)... but Joker... he just wants to fly and have his love affair with my cruiser.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
so long as it isn't Shepard, Liara, Tali, or Garrus I really dont care. But if I had to guess I would say Anderson is going to die.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
I could really see them killing Garrus, it's possible, it would be unexpected and give Shepard that anger to go destroy the Reapers.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Gennadios said:
Bioware clearly doens't have the balls to kill people off anymore.

May be a bit harsh, but it seems to me as if they bowed to pressure to give "perfect" endings, as in if you do everything right you can get through with no casualties, a la ME2.

That's because they make choice games. Choice games by their very nature can't have very many bad events occur that the player is involved in that are completely out of the player's hands, (especially if the bad events are things that could have easily been avoided if the player DID have input) ideally none of them being so. However, that doesn't mean that earning that perfect ending have to be easy either, far from it, it should be probably one of the hardest things to do in the entire game.

For instance, while in Mass Effect 2 if you wanted to make sure nobody dies you have to finish pretty much EVERY OTHER MISSION in the game to have much of a chance of pulling it off, recruit everybody, fully upgrade the Normandy, finally choose the proper squad members for each part of the final mission, AND go for the final mission as soon as possible to make sure that all of the NPCs in your crew survive, all of which takes a lot of planning and preparation to pull off.
Gennadios said:
Hell, I'm not even sure the Virmire sacrifice character (Ash/Kaiden) will stay dead, I'm half expecting some kind of climactic end game return/redemption thing from them.
You know, that would actually wouldn't be a bad idea, in fact it could be pretty badass if they pulled it off right. Here's an idea for way they could do it: the abandoned squad member gets captured and indoctrinated by the Reapers and depending on whether or not you were on good terms with the squad member or not there'd one of those "in know you're in there somewhere/roaring rampage of revenge" type epic battles you're forced to kill them, and depending on how close you were with the squad member they'd either die heroically in with a last breath speech/heroic sacrifice or attack you in a determinator blind rage where they just keep coming, getting repeatedly shot up until they eventually keel over, tear jerker either way (I spend of lot of time on the TVtrope site).

OT: I picked "other", because as explained above I'd rather it were possible to have nobody die.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
That new mister McBland Pants Space Marine, I would like to see the option to sacrifice him for the dark gods, because that is the only entertainment you can get out of that brain dead monkey.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
immortalfrieza said:
That's because they make choice games. Choice games by their very nature can't have very many bad events occur that the player is involved in that are completely out of the player's hands, (especially if the bad events are things that could have easily been avoided if the player DID have input) ideally none of them being so.
Hum, I started getting PDA2SD(post Dragon Age 2 Stress Disorder) reading that statement. You make a very fine point indeed.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I'm certain that Anderson will die. I don't really know why, I just think he's going to bite it.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Established, likeable figures are obvious targets - that means Anderson, Joker, and ED-E/Normandy. My guess is Anderson has a noble sacrifice, ED-E has a noble sacrifice, and I don't know about Joker, they won't kill everyone - and Joker surviving would make ED-E (and the Normandy)'s sacrifice more resonant. They probably won't make iconic death scenes for ME2 squadmates seeing as they could all be dead already, and that probably applies to any squadmates, as they're romance options and that would preclude a happy ending, which people will want to aim for. But if they DID, that would be awesome, make it a more compelling story. There's also the strong possibility that there'll be a mandatory sacrifice option - you've got to send someone to die, and you'll also be an option.

My hope is that they at least throw us a bone and let us execute Udina. That's gonna be fun.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
Joker lives. Period. They won't kill a cripple.

Anderson will probably die. I'm surprised he's made it this far at all, he's The Obi-Wan, after all.

I also predict that Ashley/Kaiden will get some sort of heroic sacrifice near/at the end. They're guaranteed to survive ME2, they have much smaller fanbases than the ME2 squadmates, yet players still have an emotional connection to them. Also they are both very much the heroic sacrifice type.