Poll: The Matrix

UTclass2015

Jul 27, 2011
I have read that there have been talks between the Wachowski Bros(creators of The Matrix Trilogy) and Keanu Reeves(Neo) about adding a fourth movie to the trilogy. I have mixed feelings on this as I love the thought of the Matrix and the movies themselves, but I just don't see how they can add another film without subtracting from the original trilogy. Thoughts?

meticadpa

Jul 8, 2010
I don't understand the third Matrix movie, so I don't think I'd have a hope in hell of knowing what was going on in a fourth.

Feb 9, 2011
I've only seen the first two, but with how much I hated the second one, I doubt I would touch a 4th one, so I guess it doesn't really make a difference to me. I never saw the third one anyway and I doubt I ever will.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
I liked the movies.
If a fourth was done very well and had a reasonable story for it to be made, rather than just "because we want money". Then yeah it could be good.
But the problem it has in the three had a very good solid story and a good ending point, I don't see how they could join a fourth in, in a reasonable way.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
The first one is the only good one, the second and third ones were just continuing the story, and could have been good, but the main story got put on the side for the sake of fucking romance... Romance ruins everything good!
The only thing good about the second one was Trinity getting shot.
The only thing good about the third one was the badass mechs.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Those rumors were shot down by Reeves' publicist.

But apart from that, I'd actually be fine with another Matrix film, just not in 3D,

elbrandino

Dec 8, 2010
Now, as confusing and sometimes mediocre Reloaded and Revolutions were, I have to admit I loved them, and I'd like to see a new one in the series. Sort of. I said other because I'm kind of split on it. It could bring the story together better, or more likely ruin it. I'd see it either way >.<

bz316

Feb 10, 2010
A fourth Matrix movie?! Good sir, how is this possible there is only one Matrix film? A shame too, just the other evening me and my friends were discussing how awesome it would have been had there been sequels, though we doubted they could match the quality of the first. Ah well, such is life...

PS: Anyone who tries to undue this pleasant hallucination I have on the state of the Matrix franchise will get throat punched through the internets. Be well ^_^

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
As someone who saw the original Matrix for the first time ten-ish years after the original wow-factor of all that stuff, I don't see the appeal. The story is meh, the philosophy is pretentious, and doesn't add much to the story, and many films have learned from and surpassed the action. I saw the second one, and it had nothing but action. I have not seen the third one.
So no.

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
I loved the first movies, but I can't stand the final two. Ot got so bad for me that, to this day, I begin to fall asleep a third into the last one.

That said, I think the only sequels the matrix should have had were the 1 sequel and 1 prequel the brothers originally planned. You know why that didn't happen? Because the prequel would have shown the robot uprising, and thus not have any of the Matrix cast. Because a goddamn robot uprising wouldn't be popular enough without Keanu reeves apparently.

EDIT:
bz316 said:
A fourth Matrix movie?! Good sir, how is this possible there is only one Matrix film? A shame too, just the other evening me and my friends were discussing how awesome it would have been had there been sequels, though we doubted they could match the quality of the first. Ah well, such is life...

PS: Anyone who tries to undue this pleasant hallucination I have on the state of the Matrix franchise will get throat punched through the internets. Be well ^_^
Yeah, people once tried to tell me that there were 3 Matrix Movies, a Star Wars prequel trilogy, and a fourth Indiana Jones Movie! How obscenely inaccurate they were, the fools.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
I don't see how they could even add a 4th one. Everyone of importance is dead. Making a 4th, and especially bringing back Neo, would basically mean the end of the 3rd movie was meaningless.

On another note I really never understood why 2 and 3 get so much hate. They're not THAT bad, they're just not as good as the first one. But whatever, hating sequels is cool for some arbitrary reason.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
UTclass2015 said:
I have read that there have been talks between the Wachowski Bros(creators of The Matrix Trilogy) and Keanu Reeves(Neo) about adding a fourth movie to the trilogy. I have mixed feelings on this as I love the thought of the Matrix and the movies themselves, but I just don't see how they can add another film without subtracting from the original trilogy. Thoughts?
well for starters, the matrix movies had cool effect that made them popular and now its obvious that they had no idea what they were talking about. I mean, listen to the talks, while the talks are done well, when you cut to the core, they make no sense what so ever.
not to mention the science made no sense either, how did bullets kill them in the real life when they were aware it wasnt real? hell, star trek had an episode like that when the had a show down at O.K. Corral!! (i shit you not) and if so...why not alter the devices to where it wouldn't do that or re-write the programs to make them supermen! or make AIs of their own!

so in a long about way of saying it, the matrix doesn't age very well (especially in those Blade outfits) and Inception did it 1000x better.

also, Keanu Reeves could not act in those films at all.

NinjaDuckie

Sep 9, 2009
I liked the Matrix. I'm so very glad they didn't try to make any sequels, because it would have totally ruined the uniqueness of the movie.

enistoja

Oct 12, 2010
I would be neutral about it. True, it's got impressive visual effects for the time, and it's a deeply philosophical affair if you like to look at the series that way, but...

I don't think I could endure Mr Bland acting as Mr Bland for a new movie.

UTclass2015

Jul 27, 2011
I loved the effects and just the fact that its a great action film. If they were to make another film I don't see how the could still have Neo in as he "died" at the end of the third addition. I still think I'd like to see another though especially with all the advances made in the special effects industry since then?

jameskillalot

Apr 27, 2010
Depends, if it returned to the interesting aspects of the first one that would be great, if it's like either of the other two then no. Also where would they go from number 3. Also they killed off the good characters.