Poll: The most shot enemy in the FPS genre?

Deregon

Oct 29, 2010
If were talking Call of Duty FPS-Nazis. But there are sooo many other FPS's out there and having played a good amount. GG. Taliban Substitues. KTHXBAI

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
In all of gaming history it has to be Nazis, but taliban substitutes are catching up these days.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I voted Nazis, but only because I played way too much of the Rise of the Triad and wolfenstein 3D demos as a kid. When I think about my career as an FPS player, I managed to miss the WWII shooter boom almost completely, since at the time it was still possible to get arcade shooters, and the only game I have with a modern war them is Battlefield 2, which has the Chinese instead of the Russians, and has an actual coalition of Middle Eastern governments, instead of irregular terrorists. I played a lot of Doom as a kid, but that was demons, not aliens. I wrote all of that and then remembered that Dark Forces and Jedi Knight were both FPSs, and they both involved the occasional alien to break up the monotony of shooting Storm troopers. It's too late to change my vote, but I probably killed more aliens with two full version games than I did Nazis with a pair of demos. However, I think the mot common enemies I've fought overall have been generic futuristic soldiers, from completely made up factions. F.E.A.R. was that way, as were Shogo and, to a large extent, the Half Life games. Half Life 2 had more human enemies than alien enemies, at any rate. There's also the fact that I've logged many more hours into online fragging than offline campaigns, skewing the numbers more to variations on the player character than to any actual faction.

therealsomeguy

Jul 10, 2009
between all the WW2 fps games pre-COD4, more nazis have been killed in games then were killed in the actual war, and if you include sci-fi fps games that pretty much just have "space nazis", that number soars

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
Based on the sheer number of times i've heard the phrase "Granada" yelled in my general direction i'm goona go with Russians.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
That I've personally shot? Zombies, beyond a doubt. Valve alone secured that spot.

But overall? Probably aliens. The sheer number of games that have you fighting aliens is immense, and the term is so broad that so many enemies fit in that you wouldn't expect (like nearly every enemy in the Half-Life franchise, for example).

Would the Helghast qualify as aliens or Nazis? I'm honestly not sure. The Taliban substitute option isn't really necessary, IMO. Its a very recent trend, and one that is actually starting to die out. Russians and Nazis though, they aren't going anywhere.

I'd like to suggest another category, if I may. Goons. Guys affiliated with the bad guy, but not necessarily part of the above categories. The are definitely evil, or at least antagonistic, but otherwise just "normal" enemies.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Terrorists and Counter-Terrorists.

Rather evenly, I'd assume.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
That's actually a really tough decision, I don't think I will ever know for certain.

But because of all the recent games involving them, and at the rate they are played, I chose Taliban Substitute.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Why is there not a zombie tab on this poll? You should be ashamed of yourself :mad:

JK

Out of the choices, I would have to say Nazis. However, now that FPS's are becoming more modern, I believe Russians or Taliban subs will take the lead at some point.

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
I'm surprised you didn't add "Other Players" to the list, XD though frankly in my case its usually been aliens or whatever the clone guys from F.E.A.R are called/referred to as, (mostly because I suck at online FPS, at least I think I would.. I most likely would...)

Andrew_Mac

Feb 20, 2011
i'd normally say Nazi's or russians due to the over playing of CoD games.

But atm i'm saying aliens. Just because. I've been hitting resistance 1 quite abit lately. But... they were originally Russians... AHHH i'm confused!!!

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Well, I haven't played that many WW2 games, so probably russians.

Also, to Op, I quite like your name.
I too, enjoy being delightfully villainous.

Yes, quite.

*sips tea*