Poll: The Mouse Scroll Wheel: Would We Cope Without It?

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I would miss it very much if it was gone, but I usually use home/end/page up/page down anyway.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
I definitely would. I have on of those fancy keyboards with a lot of scroll wheels and arrows and one of them broke. It's so annoying moving it and not seeing anything happen...

Apr 29, 2010
Tharwen said:
Not at all! I regularly have to use 10-year old mice with only two buttons because my school is Cheap.

Oh yeah, and those mice still have trackballs.
My university's library is just as cheap. Hell, the computers have floppy drives. Floppy drives!! Trackballs, you say? All hail the mighty ball of tracking.

Dxz5roxg

Aug 19, 2009
I've never even thought about it. Poor little guy. I'll be giving my scroll wheel a lot more respect from now on.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Never! The scroll on my touchpad tends to get messed up and doesn't want to react sometimes. At those times i usually just leave my laptop and go do something else. The scroll is really important to me.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Anyone who has hear the woes of my Laptop can probably guess I go with out a scroll function everyday...along with missing many other things...

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
Tharwen said:
Not at all! I regularly have to use 10-year old mice with only two buttons because my school is Cheap.

Oh yeah, and those mice still have trackballs.
Those mice are horrible, the lack of a scroll wheel feels really crippling and the track ball always jams.
We should all take good care of our mice, scroll wheels and all, else they destroy us. O_O

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I can live without it, but I must admit, it is really convenient. Let's put it this way, I would much rather have a scroll wheel than go without.

Craftybonds

Raging Lurker
Feb 6, 2010
on my desktop, not really. i've almost always used the keyboard to scroll down. on my netbook though, i would totally miss the little scroll side bar. it's hella fun to play with.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
I keep my old Logitech MX500 with my laptop precisely cause I can't live without having a proper mouse/scroll wheel/etc.

Thankfully mice are INSANELY durable and I never really worry about it crapping out.

rosemystica

Jan 24, 2010
I didn't have a scroll-wheel on my laptop's mouse. It drove me nuts.

But I recently bought a new mouse that DOES have one, and I am so happy! XD

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I couldn't. I use it too much to scroll around. This is a reason I HATE Linux computers. At least the ones at my university. With them, when you click the wheel, it pastes the text you had previously highlighted or something. Seriously!? The mouse wheel clicking is supposed to give you that scrolling thing that when you move the mouse up and down, it can auto-scroll... You know what I mean.

Furburt said:
No, I stroke my mouse-wheel fondly every day.
Thanks for making me laugh.

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
I have a laptop with touchpad control, no mouse and so no scroll. I don't think there's any problem with using just page up/down or the directional keys.

EDIT: My left mouse click is also broken and has been so for some months, so hurray for tapping the touchpad!

KEGman321

Jul 16, 2009
I don't use the scroll wheel. I have to use a laptop since the desktop basically doesn't work, and the laptop has a touch area for the mouse. I don't know what it's actually called, but hopefully you know what I'm talking about.