Poll: The New Bioshock

micky

Apr 27, 2009
im very exited about this and glad they are coming out of the water.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
MercurySteam said:
Jezzascmezza said:
MercurySteam said:
even though it may not come out till 2012.
Wait, isn't that the year the whole world's going to die?
Yes, because a bunch of people I don't care about says the world is going to end in two years, of course I'm going to drop what I'm doing and start praying for repentance and scrap all my plans for the future.

I mean really?
Hey man, I never said you had to.
By the way, my previous comment about 2012 was a poor attempt at humor; please excuse it.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
I think that people shouldn't be arguing about the name of the game just yet, as we don't know exactly what it is. It may be as people say, a game completely on its own, with no connections to the Bioshock franchise, but it could easily be linked with the current Bioshock titles through some plot twist, and so on.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Jezzascmezza said:
MercurySteam said:
Jezzascmezza said:
MercurySteam said:
even though it may not come out till 2012.
Wait, isn't that the year the whole world's going to die?
Yes, because a bunch of people I don't care about says the world is going to end in two years, of course I'm going to drop what I'm doing and start praying for repentance and scrap all my plans for the future.

I mean really?
Hey man, I never said you had to.
By the way, my previous comment about 2012 was a poor attempt at humor; please excuse it.
Sorry man, but as I said, a bunch of crazies predicting the end of the world isn't enough to stop me from planning for videogames to buy over the next two years. Bioshock Infinite here I come!

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Vrex360 said:
I mean think about it, imagine if they made a sequel to King Kong that then didn't feature New York, Skull Island, Dinosaurs or a Giant Gorilla and was set in a completely different location notable only by having some new monster take King Kong's place and have no emphasis on continuation of that plot.
Would you still think it could be called 'King Kong 2'?
Well that's how you basically link all the Final Fantasys together New heroes/villians combat/weapons setting(some times different planets) but it's the recurring themes that let the name make since like having a fire demon be call Ifrit or an Icey Woman be called Shiva.

And with Elizabeth using some form of superpowers to move those roses to catch that guy some form of Plasmids or new (seemingly safer version?) super serum to get powers would would allow for they to keep old ones and make new ones and change how they work. I mean they had that aquariym with a lil' Big Daddy. I'd think the floating city of Columbus would be built on the concepts of Rapture. Besides whens the last time a U.S. funded special project like this ever gone completely legit in fiction?

spiggy

Feb 18, 2008
All these people complaining about the name... The game is NOT Bioshock 3, it's Bioshock Infinite. It's like Star Trek and Star Trek: the Next Generation. A better example would be with Stargate, Stargate: Atlantis and Stargate: Universe, same basic idea, different style and setting.

You say it has nothing in common with Bioshock?
- You have guns
- You have magical powers that are biological in nature
- You have an isolated, steampunk city that never was.
- You have a self contained city where the outside is dangerous.
- In the original if you go outside, you could drown, in Infinite, if you go outside, you could plummet to your death.
- In both, there is a feeling that the city itself is not secure. Rapture has leaks, Columbia looks like it's an even more delicate equilibrium. If you start screwing with stuff, buildings start falling from the sky.

There is so much potential here, with this new setting. Underwater-ville was cool, but it's been done. Ziplines! Parachutes! Flight! Steampunk jetpacks (maybe). I would bet money on the game including:
- A power that allows you to throw people over the edge of the city and watch them fall.
- A portion of the game which requires you to go into a building, disable whatever mechanism keeps them aloft, and get out before it starts falling.
- A section of the game that takes place inside a falling building. You're frantic, panicking, desperate to get out of a building that is shifting, tilting and spinning around you.
- A person or group who has hijacked or are trying to hijack the city for nefarious purposes.
- A person or group who are trying to stop the city from being hijacked/ hijack it for less nefarious purposes.
- Some very interesting sniper battles, shooting from one floating building to another.