Poll: The oldest game you still play?

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
still play star fox 64 from time to time, just finished ff8 recently (never beat it the first time i played), just started baldurs gate again to, though havent been playing that much; too much time does that game take...

i always play old games; now and days, more than new games; beat PoP:sands of time again recently, and metroid prime, banging my head against the wall looking for mario sunshine.

pretty much anytime i need to remind myself of what a good game is; which is increasingly often.

Tukadian

Sep 22, 2010
I still play Super Mario Bros for the NES sometimes when we've got some friends over, still a wicked challenge to beat the game without warp tunneling.
On a semi-regular basis though I would have to say the older game I play most is Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, an Age of Empires 2 clone. It's small and perfect for LAN gaming, always fun to play with a couple friends, so I have it loaded on every laptop I own.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Well, I play lots of old games. Though I think that the old game I play most frequently is Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. That is one of my favorite games ever, certainly my favorite Mario game ever.

Mostly when I play an old game it's one that I haven't actually played before though. Right now I'm playing through Half-Life for the first time.

Atticus89

Nov 8, 2010
Oldest game? If you include re-releases, Kid Icarus or Super Mario Brothers. But if you meant only on the console, that'd be Skies of Arcadia.

It's not the oldest game I own, but it is the oldest one I still play once in a while.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
I still play Ricochet, a old old old hl1 modifaction, that you can get on steam, most likely with the purchase of HL1.

airplanedude550

Sep 5, 2010
The oldest game I play...the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES. (I still own one, in perfect working condition)