Poll: The RP Game: What do YOU want to play?

The_Toe_Bighter98

Mar 22, 2008
So the aim of the game is to have fun, right? But what if your short on idea's, and you lose your buzz halfway through the game? Players dropping off like flies? Well, I hope this topic can help!

What, you ask, is this about? This topic is hereby dedicated to RP ideas, and can be used to discuss what people want to play in and what people want to try next. I hope that you all contribute strongly and positively to this thread, and give out a lot of great ideas.

So, I guess I'll go first. What I would like to see is a horror themed RP, naturally set in the HP Lovecraft universe.

I dont really have much else to say, so I guess I'll be waiting to see what you think.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
I dont much care, as long as its done well and i get a chance to use the word 'Brutal Elegance' i'm happy.

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
Once the cyberpunk lynching game is done, I'm going to run one of my own (hopefully). I have a very strong idea of what I want to do, but I'd like to know what 'the public' wants. It's pretty much entirely realistic (with maybe a few stretches of truth). Would people like if it featured a massive conspiracy or spirits, or something else out of the norm?

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
I'm sure whatever you did would be good, but perhaps you could give some details onwhat you want to do, Larenxis?

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
sad thing is...I don't know what RP stands for...no one ever says, and I've never seen one on a forum before...sad...I know...

anyway, comedy.

The_Toe_Bighter98

Mar 22, 2008
You dont know what RP means? HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME. SHAAAAAAAME. Anyway, the acronym RP stands for roleplay, as in roleplaying game.

So from the polls, I see that the horror genre is in the front, which pleases Cthulhu... I mean me, not a star travelling entity of madness. Maybe a horror themed RP is what the public wants?

Elven Marksman

Jun 27, 2008
I dont mind what type of game it is as long as I get some sort of sniper rifle or some other weapon which has good acuracy.

Stupid picture wont work...

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
Well, my idea is for a lynching game, so horror is part of the bargain. I shall frighten you with murder and adjectives! But yeah, I don't want to share the idea right now, as I'm still doing research. Maybe I should do it after the lynching game after the cyberpunk one, so I can read a book or two. Curse you, historical situations! so interesting, but so little information on the wikipedia page... It'll probably be set between 1998 and the present, (if I go with the idea I'm chasing after) by the way.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I like RP's where I get something to go for and have to aim for it. I don't like open ended questions and RP's.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
The_Toe_Bighter98 said:
You dont know what RP means? HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME. SHAAAAAAAME. Anyway, the acronym RP stands for roleplay, as in roleplaying game.
...couldnt just call it rpg eh? I am in shame anyway

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
I chose "other idea", so here I go with the whole "specify" bit.

You are a ragtag band of misfits trying to topple a totalitarian government. BUT the entire plot must have an offbeat sense of humour.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Larenxis said:
Once the cyberpunk lynching game is done, I'm going to run one of my own (hopefully). I have a very strong idea of what I want to do, but I'd like to know what 'the public' wants. It's pretty much entirely realistic (with maybe a few stretches of truth). Would people like if it featured a massive conspiracy or spirits, or something else out of the norm?
I've already signed on!

Yeah, I was wanting to do a D20 Call Of Cthulhu game but two main reasons I haven't:
-Too clutered at the moment.
-Next to no one here has played it.

Blayze

Dec 19, 2007
Well, my idea is for a lynching game, so horror is part of the bargain. I shall frighten you with murder and adjectives!
Colour me interested. In fact, select a random colour, *name* it Interested, and colour me that.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Blayze said:
Well, my idea is for a lynching game, so horror is part of the bargain. I shall frighten you with murder and adjectives!
Colour me interested. In fact, select a random colour, *name* it Interested, and colour me that.
You are green. Happy
I would like a good horror RP you know something like a zombie apocalypse. Wait awww

Tsurugi

Jun 12, 2008
PurpleRain said:
Larenxis said:
I've already signed on!

Yeah, I was wanting to do a D20 Call Of Cthulhu game but two main reasons I haven't:
-Too clutered at the moment.
-Next to no one here has played it.
I have played a few Cthulu games, I would say only 4 though...and only 2 of them were done by people who were good and it wasnt their first time lol.

The_Toe_Bighter98

Mar 22, 2008
So it looks like people want to be in a fantasy RP. How about something from "A Song of Ice and Fire"? Or would that have too much realism involved?