Poll: The show the escapist couldn't survive without

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Zero Punctuation, but I'd say Extra Credits is a strong contender now. It was always a great YouTube show, and I think many people are migrating to it.

Still, it's ZP. The traffic figures before and after ZP was introduced are insane. Even with its current popularity, remove ZP (or put it on ANOTHER website) and watch the numbers go waaay down. By all reports, The Escapist does a very good job throwing enough money and exciting opportunities at Mr. Croshaw to ensure he stays loyal.

Drefanator

Nov 24, 2009
I came for ZP, but after 2 or so months of regularly watching ZP I stopped, I usually skip them now, unless it's a game that I'm actually interested in, and not the fps clones he was doing week after week, and repeating the same jokes every episode. But the news and everything else, specifically, Escape to the Movie(Movie Bob is my hero) and Unskippable has kept me here.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Owlslayer said:
I came here for Yahtzee, but i stayed for everything else. I don't even like his episodes as much as i used to, but i really like the forums, the news, Extra Credits, and all the LRR stuff!
So I would definitely NOT leave if only 1 show (be it Yahtzee or something else) stopped.
Yeah, but that's half of the picture. The big point in your own post is "come for ZP, stay for... [whatever else]." That implies that ZP is a big draw, which is correct. New people are always discovering the website. I'm sure the number of people who visited here for ZP is staggering. Even with as much popularity as the site has now, take away ZP and The Escapist's chance for further growth would be greatly reduced.

I probably would leave even now if ZP switched to another website. Bob's not terrible (wish he'd tone down on the naked model worship in his reviews, though) and Extra Credits is great, but I still mostly visit for ZP.

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
darth.pixie said:
I'm going to go on a limb here and say that everyone will say Zero Punctuation. Everyone.

Personally, I came here for Shamus' Let's Play and Stolen Pixels and without them I wouldn't have know about the Escapist in the first place...
Wrong! Doralous brought me here, love it! Although its absence for now is annoying.
Almost all of the shows on here are superb and the loss of any would be horrible.

Moc

Sep 13, 2010
Zero Punctuation, but Escape the Movies was close, well extra credits, I think I like it

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
I came to the site for ZP but stayed for MovieBob and Unskippable.

Still, ZP is the primary draw for The Escapist, it definetly would hurt them if it stopped or Yatzee left for some reason.

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
ZP was the reason I came here. I'm watching Movie Bob and Extra Credits, but if yahtzee goes somewhere else, everyone will go there too :)

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i think ZP brings a lot of people to the site, but i don't think the escapist would die without any one of these shows. it would take quite a few of them to disappear before i'd get worried

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
I personally prefer Extra Credits and MovieBob, but i fear that without Zero Punctuation, this site will lose a lot of character.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
My answer is Extra Credits. I like it, its sensible, informative, and its enjoyable.
Loading Ready Run is my second, they have had a number of shows running off of the crew. Unskippable, ENN (which is already gone), Daily Drop, and their own show. The Escapist would be needing more content to make up for it.
I bet there will be a lot of panic threads about Yahtzee if ZP announced that it would end. I'm sure he will be around for a while but they saying 'all good things come to an end' does apply with ZP. I do enjoy Yahzee's rants.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I don't really come here for the shows to be totally honest. Unforgotten Realms and ZP were what brought me here to begin with. However, since then I've found myself coming here just to read the articles. To me, all of them could be discontinued, and I'd still come back here.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
Extra credits is my favorite show so I voted for that, But I think escapist could survive if any show left, The community is to good for people to just stop comming

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Zero Punctuation is my choice as well.
It was the reason I came here every Wednesday for around two years before I decided to become a member. I just kill time with the forums, I look forward to ZP.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
the closest to your criteria would be Zero Punctuation
but I think the Escapist would still have something nice with its environment and other offerings

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
If any, OBVIOUSLY it's ZP, if any ONE series getting canceled would kill an entire community.

ZP is more for a draw, though it's not all the great for sustainability. It's good at drawing new members, but there are other shows on the site that are a lot better.

SideburnsPuppy

May 23, 2009
Zero Punctuation. Don't like the show, but I understand that it's a major reason for why people come to this site.