Poll: The SWAT series...

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
i have heard a bit of hype from SWAT 4 in peticular,(inside xbox). Arresting, shooting, terrible graphics. sounds like a good game(i dont care about the graphics). BUT is all this hype over it REALLY true? Is arresting some serial killer and shooting some random ****** as fun as it sounds? i think its cool BUT is it worth it?

UPDATE:I have just played the game for a little bit...OMFG EPIC, i just think the only downside is the damage, 1 shot from a pistol was a insta kill on me but a shot IN THE HEAD from a sniper wasn't a insta kill, was letdown by that but epic anyways

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
It is worth it yes. It's old, but fantastic.

You should definitely buy SWAT 4, you won't regret it.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
SWAT 4 is amazing. Be certain that you get it on PC, and LAN it. Best. LAN. Game. Ever.

Graphics aren't that terrible either, it's very playable.

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
yes.all XBOx games work on the 360, but thinking about it PC would be better just because of the online tbh

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
I like it. But it can be hard to play if you use the "real" weapons rather then the non-lethal ones. Because you have to follow police protocol and you can gun down all the suspects without having a reason to do so (if they shoot at you first or if they have a hostage then you're allowed to blast away). Points are deducted if you breaks the rules, so even if you complete all the objectives you can still lose because you broke too many rules. Luckilly you get to play around with all the little gadgets that are available to SWAT to make things easier for you. Like fiberoptic wands, flashbangs, teargas, tazers and other fun stuff ^^

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
It's very good, but it's also hard as they come. The multiplayer is excellent if you can get a good group ogether, but terrible if you can't. It's not your average run'n'gun game.

VIP mode is both hilarious and infuriating all at the same time.

WrongSprite said:
Best. LAN. Game. Ever.
Hey, what are you? AARGHH NOT THE CUFFS! You bastard! -Officer taken hostage-

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
Bobbovski said:
. Luckilly you get to play around with all the little gadgets that are available to SWAT to make things easier for you. Like fiberoptic wands, flashbangs, teargas, tazers and other fun stuff ^^
Thats what i look for in combat basted games, EPIC gadegts and this sounds like an absolute must for me if you get a taser...repeat TASER

Varchld

is drunk and disorderly.
Nov 8, 2008
It's good, worth a buy if it's cheap.
Playing it with a couple of friends co-op within earshot of eachother is the best.
It's got a few little issues such as being gunned down real quick sometimes and slow controls, but they're generally good after you get used to it.
My only real complaint is that there's no leniency for shooting heavily armed and armoured crims in that split second between when you call out and when they shoot you.

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
kidwithxboxlive said:
Bobbovski said:
. Luckilly you get to play around with all the little gadgets that are available to SWAT to make things easier for you. Like fiberoptic wands, flashbangs, teargas, tazers and other fun stuff ^^
Thats what i look for in combat basted games, EPIC gadegts and this sounds like an absolute must for me if you get a taser...repeat TASER
Tasers ARE fun ^^

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
dude, it makes LAN party's epically awesome, tazering and pepper spraying each other is always good when you cant find the last bad guy

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
Yeah Swat 4 is awesome, I have Swat 3 as well but it's not as good as 4 in my opinion. Oh and I'm pretty sure it's a PC only game, where's all this Xbox talk coming from? Unless I'm mistaken...

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
i believed it was on xbox as it was talked about on xbox live inside xbox, made by the company who do xbox games (bioshock anyone)