Poll: The Ten Second Rule

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Wutaiflea said:
A little dirt is good for you anyway. No point having a fancy immune system if you're not going to fuck with it now and then.
very true. im sure eating something a little contaminated would also help build ones immune system, as well... unless its contaminated with anthrax or something, but if youre standing on a floor like that, youre probably in trouble anyways

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
as long as the floor is clean and there's nothing too bad it fell in, i'll eat it. helps your immune system

sicnasty77

Apr 14, 2009
It really depends on the type of food and were it landed like I wouldnt eat an apple pie that feel in to a pile of gravel but I would eat a piece of toast that feel on to some hardwood floors at my house.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
sicnasty77 said:
I would eat a piece of toast that feel on to some hardwood floors at my house.
what if it landed butterside-DOWN?

these are the questions we must ask ourselves... the important questions

GWarface

Jun 3, 2010
I usually eat what i drop on the floor...
Some might say its nasty, but i say its perfect training for my immune-system. Hence making me healthier in the long run...

sicnasty77

Apr 14, 2009
Vykrel said:
sicnasty77 said:
I would eat a piece of toast that feel on to some hardwood floors at my house.
what if it landed butterside-DOWN?

these are the questions we must ask ourselves... the important questions
That is were it gets tricky I would have to say that if it was butter side down and my floor was spotlessly clean I would eat it, But if I saw debris in my butter then I would not eat it. Lets just hope for butter side up.

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
A lesson all you kiddos should know: never attempt to retrieve food when the dog has grabbed it. And now, some music.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
5 second rule, 10 second rule, they're both useless.
If it falls on the floor, I just eat it anyway.
May not be hygienic, but that's why my immune system's there for!

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
I keep to the 5 second rule even then though I still wash it or rub it on my clothes to make sure its clean, if its been on the ground then nothing a little rub cor do.

Timmey

May 29, 2010
Ill eat it as long as ive dropped it on the floor, or have seen it dropped on the floor. I wont eat it if it could have been there for going on five years.

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
Don't know what is this 10 second rule but depending on what I dropped and where I dropped I'll most likely eat it anyways.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
If its clean yes. Besides i know someone who ate something that had been lying in a puddle for about 3 weeks, and another who picked chewing gum off a table put it on their dick then ate it.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Unless it's a generally unsanitary area (bathroom) or the food fell into something that was spilled on the floor and not yet cleaned, I'll eat it.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
3 second rule if it's tasty and inside, not worth the effort otherwise.

Saw a girl drop a whole sausage roll outside Greg's - she could have totally just brushed off the exposed flaky pastry layer, rather than just looking sad for a moment then walking off... these sort of rules are pretty situational, really.