Poll: The World Ends With You on iOS EDIT: A NEW countdown?

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
So neither the Escapist nor Game Informer (The only 2 video game news outlets I frequent) have had a story on this, and I checked through the forums (3 pages in Gaming discussion) so I'm going to assume people aren't talking about it. Anyway, here it is[footnote]Sources: 1 [http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/the-world-ends-with-you-gets-an-ios-remake-sequel-looks-less-likely/],2 [http://toucharcade.com/2012/08/24/the-world-ends-with-you-coming-to-ios-apparently/],3 [http://www.shacknews.com/article/75459/the-world-ends-with-you-coming-to-ios][/footnote].

So there was a leak a day or two ago, that The World Ends With You would be released on iOS. Maybe this is what the counter is for, who knows;

But wait, a challenger appears!

Brian Gray, lead translator for TWEWY tweeted:
Brian Gray said:
"Before everyone decides the #twewy countdown is over, they might want to wait for the countdown to be over. #moredripthanleak"
Could this mean we're getting TWEWY for iOS AND a sequel? I sure hope so. Anyway, discuss!

Edit: The poll was supposed to have more than one option. It was supposed to have Live it, Hate it and Indifferent
Poll is working correctly now, disregard.

So that was a bust. An iOS port. It's not like it can get much be-

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/sp.html

Well what's that? ANOTHER countdown? For a few hours from now? WELL HOT DANG.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
lol whats an ios?

...no seriously what's an ios? i'm drawing a black here... it some sort of computer?

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Biodeamon said:
lol whats an ios?

...no seriously what's an ios? i'm drawing a black here... it some sort of computer?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ios&l=1

OT: I don't have an iphone, so trains.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Biodeamon said:
lol whats an ios?

The operating system devices Apple makes (iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad) runs.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
So it's been confirmed that the countdown was to the iOS port (which my iPad can't even run), so I guess the translator was lying. Unless there's another reveal in the near future.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Baaah, that's rather underwhelming to have a mysterious counter for.

I mean, anyone who cares enough about TWEWY to know there's a countdown website for it, probably already owns TWEWY.

Not to say the thing won't sell, I mean there's enough people who know about TWEWY but haven't tried it,

Just saying, countdown timers are losing more and more "wow" factor what with lukewarm announcements like this.

I agree with the guy from awhile back

"None of this countdown timer bullshit. Popcap just came right out and said they're making a plants vs. zombies 2. Bam. Done."

Not verbatim.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Well that sucks, I was hoping for a sequel. I wish I hadn't sold my DS copy, it's rare so it still costs a pretty penny now, but I want to have it again.

Sadly I can't get it for my iPod, since Apple basically make their models obsolete within a year or two. Fucking Apple.

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
Disappointing, but at least TWEWY is getting some attention. Hopefully we'll have our sequel with this resurgence.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Reading around, I've seen people say it's to broaden the audience. Others say they are cashing in. I personally think they ARE in fact cashing in; The gameplay has been downgraded terribly and so many details have been removed due to the lack of two screens.

Did you ever notice Joshua on Day 1 in the background? You could on the DS version. In this version you see him for a split second since they change to the dialogue background.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
I'm disappointed in it. It doesn't even look like TWEWY's unique battle system any more which was one of the main reasons I bought it in the first place.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
It's good that they're making the game more accessible, as it's nigh impossible to find nowadays.

I personally hated the game. I read about the story and I like the story, but the game itself is so boring and obnoxious I can't stand it.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
Indifferent. I haven't heard of it. Is it any good? should I check it out?

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Which do you choose?
Might be good, although I'd prefer the DS version.
Man, I was hoping for a sequel, even though I probably wasn't going to play it due to not wanting a 3DS.
WTF Square? How disappointing...
HAHAHAHA Nice trolling, Square. Most people can't even do this good if they tried.

I'm going with red. Fuck.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
oppp7 said:
Which do you choose?
Man, I was hoping for a sequel, even though I probably wasn't going to play it due to not wanting a 3DS.
HAHAHAHA Nice trolling, Square. Most people can't even do this good if they tried.

How about an indifferent grey?

I already have the DS version, so I don't give a hoot.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
oppp7 said:
Which do you choose?

A combination of the first three.

I'm disappointed in Squeenix, I was expecting a sequel, but for now I'll stick to the DS version.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
chimpzy said:
oppp7 said:
Which do you choose?

How about an indifferent grey?

I already have the DS version, so I don't give a hoot.
Ya but that pretty much goes without saying.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
Ugh, I was all excited for a new TWEWY game. Ah well, maybe this'll get everybody talking about the series, and we'll finally have our sequel.

On a similar topic, have some fanart I made a while back.

ModReap

Gatekeeper
Apr 3, 2008
iOS port website is up.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subarashiki-solo-remix/en/