Poll: There's something wrong with her.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
There is something wrong with you if a girl shows interest and you think SHES the weird one.
Just get yourself out there and give it a shot, worst case scenario is that you'll be exactly where you have been for the past 9 years.
You have nothing to lose.

pillywiggins said:
Don't be silly, there's something wrong with everyone. There is no such thing as "normal people", everybody's screwed up in some way and that's perfectly fine.
That said, if the only thing that makes you think she's a "weirdo" is that she's interested in you, it sounds like you're just making excuses for yourself to not step outside of your comfort zone and give it a shot.
Also this.

Atrocious Joystick

May 5, 2011
Yo bud. There is something seriously messed up if you think no girl can ever feel attraction to you. Whatever's ailing you there is probably some sort of fix for it. Too fat? Work out. Acne all up in your grill? Roacutane. Skinny as fuck? Gymcard.

Even if you are born with an ugly mug you can always manage to look decent. And frankly, you don't need to look better than decent.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
A girl showed you some interest and you think she's bizarre because no other girl did before? Sounds like someone has some lack of confidence in one's self. I'd say go talk to her. If she seem to really have some interest in you and you show some, I'm pretty sure that you can score a date easily.

Even if your past experiences has showed you otherwise, it's still worth trying...

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Eleuthera said:
DoubleU12 said:
Yes this world is filled with all kinds but I know that practically all girls just don't show interest in me outside of friendly chatting, thats just the way it is, like one of those instances similar to acting vulgar or rude to 10 people. Chances are all 10 will be offended.
This century two [2] women have shown any kind of "interest outside of friendly chatting" in me, does that mean they don't exist? Or just that I don't run into them? Or maybe they are there but I just don't notice. I still expect/hope that I'll find someone eventually. Will she be weird? well yes, probably, but not for liking me.
Make it this millenium, much more impressive.

Also: You, dear OP, are the messed up one here. Get some confidence and get out there to get her.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I'd say there's something wrong with you, dude.

First of all, are you really sure she's interested in you in that way? Interact with her a bit more. Look for clues.

Secondly, don't sell yourself short. Everyone has their type. You might just be hers. And if you chat with this woman as a friend, you may discover something about her other than her weirdness that you like. You may even come to like her weirdness.

But if you don't and you're genuinely not interested, that's okay too. I only say that there's something wrong with you because you seem to assume no one has any reason to be interested in you. Assume nothing and explore the possibilities.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
You should probably ask her if she's being serious or not but there is every chance that she may have fallen for you.
Believe me when I say that it is more than possible for the physically repugnant to find love. I myself am far from a looker and I have plenty of psychological issues but yet somehow I've still got a girlfriend who loves me and has stuck by me for the past three years.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
Look guy, if you don't really like her then you don't have to be in a relationship with her. Maybe get to know her and you'll like her.

Although, you seem to be a little understaffed in the self-steem department. I know this because I would think the exact same thing if a girl was actually interested in me. But maybe I'm proyecting too much, though.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
The girl provoking all this is not the issue mate, just a symptom, the total lack of self-esteem and confidence however might be. If you think that's a problem and wish for a more "normal" self, visit a psychologist or a spiritual guide, if you don't then just ignore her.

And unless you are both totally fugly, spineless and penniless, or live at the end of the world, it is almost impossible not to find cute girls that are willing to have a good time with you, that they live up to your standards is kinda lot harder though -.-

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
omega 616 said:
Although if she is collecting cats or carries a stuffed rabbit to school, then maybe it would be best to distance yourself.
Jeez, there was this one girl in my school, carried something that looked like this to school everyday:

She was one of those people who was quirky and weird but you can tell they're trying to be quirky and weird and they just come off as annoying.
Yeah, I'll take someone who's genuinely weird and funny rather than someone who tries to be weird and funny.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Wow, I found myself in, almost word-for-word, the same situation recently (including 9 years without dating, with my last experience before the 9-year break being a short and awkward two-week thing that went nowhere).

One thing I can say for sure is not to think too much. Overthinking will screw you over every time. If a girl is showing interest in you and you're unsure whether they're right for you then, well, there's a common process for two people to experiment with and gauge their compatibility with each other and it's called dating :)

If you've been thinking about it constantly and building a detailed map in your head of what potential problems there could be between you, etc then I can pretty much guarantee that you're wrong about all of it. There's only one way to find out for sure and that's to give it a try. Respond to her advances and see how things work out in the real world instead of the virtual world in your head.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Get to know her, maybe you'll find out you really like her or you'll make a new friend. Sounds like you have nothing to lose by talking to her so go do it.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
DoubleU12 said:
Because honestly. I'm sure I'm just not an attractive guy, experience has shown that girls don't care about me. So at this point I think if there was a girl who showed interested, I'd feel there's something wrong with her more than me.
Everybody is somebody's fetish.

There is nothing wrong with the girl for liking you. That's insulting to her that you would even consider that.

If she likes you, take it as a compliment - as I'm sure it's intended. Talk to her. Date her. Embrace the possibility that you've found someone.

Yeesh. I voted "neither" in the poll, but I think you need a dose of Self Esteem. Remember what the guys at Smile Time say: "Self Esteem is for Everybody!"

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
I don't know either of you so I don't feel I can accurately vote in this poll.

I will say that I have felt something like this. To this point in my life I have had no girlfriends. My mind sees this as a sign that I am generally unattractive (which as a socially awkward individual who stays indoors 99% of the time makes sense to me). I have grown used to this concept to the point that it is integrated into my world-view as a whole. Consequently I feel almost threatened by any indication that I am attractive, even if I know that there isn't any actual romantic interest (or at least I believe that to be the case strongly enough that I am certain of it). I am absolutely aware this is my problem, but that doesn't stop me thinking anyone showing any interest in me is insane or at the very least of incredibly poor taste in people.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
pillywiggins said:
Don't be silly, there's something wrong with everyone. There is no such thing as "normal people", everybody's screwed up in some way and that's perfectly fine.
That said, if the only thing that makes you think she's a "weirdo" is that she's interested in you, it sounds like you're just making excuses for yourself to not step outside of your comfort zone and give it a shot.
THIS ^^ Exactly that.

For further elaboration:

DoubleU12 said:
I haven't had a girlfriend in almost 9 years, and even back then it was less than a month and we only kissed twice. Had no other relationships before or since and I doubt there was any point where she was committed to that relationship anyway so I'm sure that barely counted as is.
a relationship is a relationship. Whether it be a few weeks or a few months or a few years. I've never had a relationship with a guy last over 3 months and be healthy. I had one "relationship" (and it's in quotes because it was basically him using me to cheat on another girl, to emotionally manipulate and abuse, to verbally abuse, and to basically make me feel absolutely worthless and dependent on him and that lasted almost 5 years and it was technically a off and on we're dating/we're not dating thing) last longer but that was abusive and unhealthy as shit. I had 2 relationships that were healthy. One lasted a bit over a month. Why'd we break up? Simple. His mom was going crazy(bipolar and depression. always a great combo), my family was being their usual insane selves and 10x more demanding, and the place we both worked was going crazy with schedules due to holidays coming in(we dated all through october and slightly into november)and we honestly didn't have the time nor the energy to put into a relationship. He and I are still best friends and talk/play video games fairly regularly. The other healthy one I had was the 3 month and we broke up because he wasn't sure he could respect my wishes for staying a virgin past 3 months given his history and didn't want to try and force me into a situation I wouldn't want to be in. Also there was the whole "I don't want to get married/have kids ever" conversation and he wanted to get married right out of high school and have kids. We're still good friends and he got his wish. I couldn't be happier for him. Point is, just because someone isn't committed to the relationship doesn't invalidate it as a relationship.

I've had interest in a few girls since then but none of them shared the same feeling. But oh well, no big deal. Not like it really mattered much to me anyway, too busy to keep a steady consistent relationship anyway.
It kind of seems like it matters a little to you since you mention it.

But then the other day a girl suddenly showed a little interest in me. Now I'm sure it wasn't anything serious but it took me a bit off guard and it made me realize that I can't imagine myself being interested in this girl anyway, she's most likely a weirdo.
Point me to someone in this world that isn't a weirdo. Everyone is to someone else or some extent. Some people hide it better than others. Was she weird just because she showed interest in you? no. She was weird because you perceived her that way. To be honest, I don't believe there is anything that can be universally considered normal as far as humans go.
Could you not imagine yourself being interested because you perceived her as weird? Or because she actually showed interest? And what kind of interest did she show?

Because honestly. I'm sure I'm just not an attractive guy, experience has shown that girls don't care about me. So at this point I think if there was a girl who showed interested, I'd feel there's something wrong with her more than me.
Most people believe they are not attractive. Hell, I have this argument weekly with one of my guy friends. He believes he is unattractive(yet he fails to recall unless convenient for him of course, how many times I've flat out told him how attractive I find him and other girls have found him)and we argue that back and forth and I believe I'm unattractive and he tells me I am but refuses to tell me how I am. Of course then there is also our other weekly argument of who looks better topless me vs. him. I, naturally, find him more attractive topless than myself but he just doesn't understand my love of men with chest hair and stubble on their faces and who are adorable gingers and who are my best friends and enjoy scaring the shit out of people and who team up well with me to scare the shit out of people.....umm yeah back on topic. It's not exclusive to men or women to find themselves unattractive. It's a society wise problem. If you feel there is something wrong with a girl just for showing interest in you, that's more a problem with you. And it's more rooted in your own self esteem. Would you feel a girl was weird because she showed an interest in talking to you because she found you particularly interesting? And seriously, don't you think girls have it bad enough society wise that we also have to worry about being "weird" according to someone we may/may not be attracted to/interested in? There are many levels to being attractive. It's not all just physical. Really. I'm more attracted to people based off their intellect and their ability to make me laugh and feel comfortable.[sub][sub][sub][sub]which is why i have a huge thing for my best male friend[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub] Physical appearance comes down near last on my long list of things for me to find someone attractive. And as I am attracted to humans in general and have a different view of physical attractiveness than most of society......I've dated some people that others upon seeing them have gone "what the hell would you date someone that ugly for" and vice versa, I've dated people that go "there's no way you could have dated someone that attractive". Believe me when I say, some of us truly don't care about your physical appearance as long as you have good hygiene.

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
Just because some girls didn't like you doesn't mean all girls, as a collective, won't. Maybe she just likes different things? Why is this a problem? And just writing her off as 'weird' for wanting to get to know you seems like there's something wrong with your self-confidence (not you per se). Give her a chance before moving on, you might even have some fun.