Poll: Thief HD Collection

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Wouldn't this be really cool if made? I know Looking Glass Studio's isn't around anymore but the new studio working on Thief 4? :D

Also maybe update the graphics on at least the first two games, the third one has aged well, but the original two from what I have seen... Not so much.

So would you buy a Thief HD Collection?

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
yes It would be a great buy from the microsoft store. Just like they did with banjo-kazooie.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Isn't Eidos Montreal making Thief 4 after Deus Ex 3? I'd love to play HD versions of the originals in the meantime.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I would eagerly pay the full 60 dollars and a quart of my own blood to get a version of Thief 1 and 2 playable on modern PCs, with not a single thing changed.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Thespian said:
Popadoo said:
Yes. I've not played them, but I've heard nothing but praise for them!
This. I love stealth, so this would be awesome.
This and this.
I tried to rephrase it, but repeating the same things that had just been said felt a bit awkward...

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Well, look at my avatar and take notice that the Sign of the Trickster ist the tatoo on my right calf. You should get the idea ;)

Evaheist666

Jun 4, 2011
The first and 3rd thief weren't so hot IMO. Only Metal Age was truly awesome.
But I'd pick a HD Hitman collection over Thief any day.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Maybe. Depends on how well it was adapted for consoles. If on consoles, at all.
Well the third one was on original xbox. Apparently that worked fine, so it would be adapted well.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I'd just be happy with GOG or Steam having Thief 1 & 2 available. I don't always like having to resort to torrents for older games.

weker

May 27, 2009
Thief is such a great series that need to be remade just like mischief makers for 3DS

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Korten12 said:
Wouldn't this be really cool if made? I know Looking Glass Studio's isn't around anymore but the new studio working on Thief 4? :D

Also maybe update the graphics on at least the first two games, the third one has aged well, but the original two from what I have seen... Not so much.

You do have a point.
I played the third a few months ago and I enjoyed it, the graphics didn't bother me at all.
I was very surprised.
I don't think that developers would re-male these games because they aren't sonic, mario, zelda (or the developer isn't nintendo).
I do want to see HD versions, but the chances for it to happen are almost zero.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Korten12 said:

Always heard great things about the series but never got a chance to play. I would not hesitate to buy a HD collection.