Poll: Thing Thing

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Thing-Thing-Series.php

Alright This Thread is officially open

Jolly Madness

Mar 21, 2008
I did like thing thing, but it became easy and repetitive after a while. "You got to shoot so-so many to open a door" I don't see the fun in that.

Kogarian

Feb 24, 2008
You should probably have more options: poor, bad, terrible, instead of having only one option focusing on how much you dislike it.

WriterX

Mar 21, 2008
A number of things that automaticaly fall on my head...

First thing, the character moves terribly slowly. He is a turtle and unlike I would expect there is no adrenaline rush to this.

Second, there is no instruction on how to change the weapon. Maybe it is just me but I had to find the right button for weapon change because without that you cannot even get out of the cell.

Thirdly, after you use up one of you pistols, at least that was the case with me, the weapon I was automaticaly switched to were fists.

Fourthly, a bug/AI fault that I discovered is in the Elevator level all you have to do is stand and the enemy will just... 'fit' into you unable to cause you any damage and vice versa. At the same time I have to note that the character cannot shoot directly down, which might be ever so slightly frustrating, and you have to be a certain distance away from your enemies in order to effectively hit them.

Lastly (from me) the recoil does not fit with where the aim is pointing. I thought I would be hitting in the same place all the time, meanwhile the bullets went all the way up...

I like the character customization, but that is not enough (fer me).

Slight correction, you may fire down, though in the elevator I found it impossible to do so... my poor aim I guess.

Yan-Yan

Jan 13, 2008
WriterX said:
Second, there is no instruction on how to change the weapon. Maybe it is just me but I had to find the right button for weapon change because without that you cannot even get out of the cell.
On the screen that has the instructions involving how to move, shoot, aim, open doors, and where to shoot the bad guys at (because otherwise you wouldn't know to shoot them in the head / body?) it DOES tell you how to change weapons. Though having to cycle through the weapons, with the only indication that you have the weapon you want is how it looks, which is pretty bad when after the fourth pistol they all look the same, is kinda crappy. Just about any other system would have been preferred, even just adding the name of the weapon you're currently using in the corner someplace so I wouldn't have to guess.

Otherwise: I didn't like it, all the other points you made were right on for me, and I've played a lot more flash games that were a lot better. Sorry.

Quelthazar

Jan 26, 2009
I'm not sure uf this is only rating Thing-Thing or all the episodes of the Thing-Thing... so i'm gona rate them all.

Thing-Thing - It's nice and it pretty good for a first episode. It gets repeative indeed after playing for several times but if you play the other episodes after that then it is a good link for the Thing-Thing story.

Thing-Thing 2 - It's better than the first which is the point of sequels although the kill count on the doors can be a bit annoying it still is good. The door kill-counter is making it a to basic lvl game. The first was more of a story game which is better. The ammo meters are a good advancement which is better compared to the first but it kinda tells you what weapons you basically are going to get.

Thing-Thing 3 - It's getting better still which is good again. The game mechanics are nice and the effects are getting more detailed... so basically enemies death will show more detail. The weapons are great, the story style is kinda brought back and the boss fights are nice. The mission where you have to find the key card gets a bit annoying if it takes long to find but that's the only down side of the episode.

Thing-Thing 4 - It's a great conclusion to the series and the weapon system upgrade is at its best in it. The weapon bullet limit in every weapon is kinda bad and pretty much every time you make it to the last boss you have no ammo and you have to fight the boss with your fists. Other than that the game is great for an online game.

Thing-Thing Arena - Pretty much Thing-Thing to only in one area with different combat modes.

Thing-Thing Arena 2 - The same as Thing-Thing Arena but this one's after Thing-Thing 3.

Thing-Thing Arena 3 - Almost the best Thing-Thing. If it would be with a story then it would be the best. The combat is nicely detailed with a lot of different details and with the kill ratings which are pretty lolz xD. The weapon system is the same as Thing-Thing 4 but it is upgraded so you can collect as many bullets as you please and the weapons also have reload which makes it more challenging. Some weapons can be dual-wielded what is also nice. Anyway... this is the best episode when judgeing detail and mechanics.

Thing-Thing series best side is the fact that every new game is better than the last. Which is rare these days.

lasherman

Mar 11, 2009
Thing Thing is pretty good, but thing thing arena is much cooler than the regular "story-based" thing thing games

shadowelancer

Mar 18, 2009
WriterX said:
A number of things that automaticaly fall on my head...

First thing, the character moves terribly slowly. He is a turtle and unlike I would expect there is no adrenaline rush to this.

Thirdly, after you use up one of you pistols, at least that was the case with me, the weapon I was automaticaly switched to were fists.

Fourthly, a bug/AI fault that I discovered is in the Elevator level all you have to do is stand and the enemy will just... 'fit' into you unable to cause you any damage and vice versa. At the same time I have to note that the character cannot shoot directly down, which might be ever so slightly frustrating, and you have to be a certain distance away from your enemies in order to effectively hit them.

Lastly (from me) the recoil does not fit with where the aim is pointing. I thought I would be hitting in the same place all the time, meanwhile the bullets went all the way up...

I like the character customization, but that is not enough (fer me).

Slight correction, you may fire down, though in the elevator I found it impossible to do so... my poor aim I guess.
All the problems you listed only applied to the first thing thing.
What about the other ones.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
Always found it to be one of the most frustrating and repetitive flash games I have ever played.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I hate games with that "rayman" style of people and I also hate stickman games.