Poll: This is why I don't like World of Warcraft:

Firefoxmccoy

Feb 15, 2010
I have seen way too many of my freinds get sucked into it so I tend just stay away.
I've lost a good freind to Wow just because I said I didn't like it.
However I do like Warcraft 3.

pejhmon

Mar 2, 2010
Archemetis said:
Also, 'Quest chains' have existed in WoW from the start, they're just a succession of quests that eventually lead to a greater reward at the end.

The mechanic for the quest chains however has changed, wherein you no longer have to walk back to the quest giver to complete your quest or start the next one, you get a prompt upon completion and then can start the next part from where you're standing.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it extremely helpful.
Titan quest has been doing that for quite a while now >.>

Just thought that I'd let ya know :p

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I just grew bored of it, I'll prolly come back to next year or so though I usually do like the abused ***** that I am.

I love the art style in WoW, it just frankly is appealing to me. Really draws me into the world. The combat system, it 'eh' 'cept when I'm playing my rogue. I suck at playing him but when you get off the right combos and moves it can be really gratifying. Not to mention playing the game with friends and talking on skype is really good fun.

I just grew bored of the game though like I usually do, might go back after this summer though when I have some free time and money.

Money isn't even really a problem, I spend about 70 something for 6 months of gaming. WoW has enough content to make it worth it. I've spent 60$ for a console game and beat it within the next day.

pejhmon

Mar 2, 2010
I have to say, when I played WoW (burning crusade times) I enjoyed leveling a fair bit but just got bored at end game level. At least you could pick various routes to level with and trying a different class was always fun but at the end it's just killing specific hours of the day doing raids/dungeons where you might get that 1 piece of gear that will move you onto the next one. I'm fine with my engineering googles, helicopter, rocket launcher, nades, boots, free fall cape etc. etc. thank you very much. Although it was fun beating people who went on the raid/arena bandwagons with full epic gear (separate PvE and PvP gear sets ofc) against me with whatever I could lay my hands on (mostly blues) / make / was awesome (rocket launcher and rocket boots = win) and winning in duels ^_^

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Timberwolf0924 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
My addictive and obsessive personality means I stay well away from WOW.

Both me and My Room mate tried to stay away. He got the game and gave me the one month free. I'm almost lvl 85 now.... Tis a sad.. sad day..
A buddy of mine got married last year.

We were thinking 'aw we won't see him anymore', but it was ok - we hadn't seen him in a year anyway since he got WOW.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
I got a trial, found it fun, but much too repetitive to pay $16 a month for it. I also don't like the subscription approach, I prefer LotRO's new approach much better. I'm much more likely to shell out $20 for an add-on than 1 or two months of play time. Why? Because at the end of the month I still have something. With WoW, at the end of the month you have NOTHING. I like to get something for my money.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
I love RPGs of all kinds.

In the case of WoW, I tried one of those 10-days for free trials.

Hour 1. So this is what the hype has been about. Well, I suppose it has some charm.

Hour 5. Did anyone actually bother to think about the quests here?

Hour 15. I. Hate. Grinding.

Hour 17. Oh My God The Grind!

Hour 17 and half. What, 17 hours already am I'm this far (/sarcasm). And TeH Grind. GRIND!

Hour 18. Uninstall.

Orwellian37

Dec 22, 2009
I enjoyed my time in Azeroth, but after a while the grind became unbearable. I guess the Skinner Box didn't work as well on me.

Uncreative

Oct 29, 2009
I really enjoyed it for about a year. But eventually, it was nothing but repetition.
Me and MMOs just don't get along well together. There's no point where you "Win", just more of the same over and over every time they add a new patch, and that kills me.

"Oh look, we finally killed Sindragosa."
"Yay! Now lets go die over and over to the Lich King, changing minute details of our strategy every six wipes until we find the perfect method, then die ten more times because people haven't been paying attention!"
"So...The exact same plan we used for every boss in this game?"
"Yep!"
"Well...Will we atleast be done once fridge man is dead?"
"Didn't you hear? After that, there's the Ruby Sanctum! And then Cat is released, and every bit of progress you made means nothing, and we get to start over! Isn't this game fun?"

Urgh.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
AcacianLeaves said:
However, the fact that I could tank nearly every instance, dungeon, and raid I took part in on my first try without putting any thought into it (and without really stressing about what gear I had on) is what makes me consider it dumbed down.
Well, good news.
Cataclysm dungeons are actually relatively difficult with a lot of movement.
And heroics will actually pound you into the dirt like a little *****.
You may manage to tank a normal dungeon on your first try if you're skilled.
But you will fail on heroics. Guaranteed. They are brutal.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Subscriptions will die when they come up with a Server that can create copies of itself and never crashes or needs updating.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
it got boring to me the first time around on my trial account
AcacianLeaves said:
I suspect I'll give it another shot after the furor over Cataclysm dies down, perhaps this time with a group of friends in an established guild. It seems like its the kind of game where its flaws become less apparent if played with good friends.
and that's what got me more into it the fact that I'm in a guild with my friends makes it more bearable and I think I actually like it more than other mmo's I played
still not liking the paying $15 a month I am too poor

Nov 24, 2010
I've never really been a fan of any MMORPG. I think it was the constant fees and the style of gaming which really didn't appeal to me.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
WoW has deteriorated over the years - Blizzard has been gravitating away from PvE (what MMORPG's are supposed to be all about) and overfocusing obnoxiously on PvP. They also have a zealous religion going on between them that goes like this, "If we buff/nerf something, something else must be nerfed/buffed to balance it." Their stubborn determination at overlooking the fact that the game is broken and inaccessible to casual players (i.e. people who refuse to sell their souls to Blizzard) only exacerbates the problem.

I regret not quitting it earlier, so I could have started EVE Online sooner.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Aeshi said:
Subscriptions will die when they come up with a Server that can create copies of itself and never crashes or needs updating.
Also that money can give us more content in the game, new expansions and such...

i really don't see why people complain at subscriptions :S

OT: i used to play WoW but i came off because of college mainly, I'm thinking of installing it again, but i don't know =\

Jobbie

Aug 14, 2010
Redlin5 said:
I'm the kind of guy who likes paying for the product once and for all and never giving another cent to the developer until the sequel or another game. I just can't afford an MMO and most have just never appealed to me.

Well, EVE appeals to me but that is my inner sci-fi nerd talking and not the common sense Redlin.

[sub]Common sense Redlin is such a buzzkill....[/sub]
I played WoW for about 8 months, but found that I was being left behind by my friends because I didn't have the time to spend to grind it out. When my real life friends no longer wanted to bring me along, I checked out a game called EvE Online way back in early 2007.

With eve, I've never paid for an expansion and the way you lvl up is by training skills. This suited my style of play better because it didn't mean that I had to spend every hour of every day playing the game to increase my skill points. Also, skills play only a small overall part of weather one lives and dies in eve. A newer player always has the same fair chance to out smart and destroy an older player, due to the dynamics of eve combat.

And that's why I don't play WoW no more.