Poll: Toast

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Now, come on. You KNOW what's gonna happen if you ask me about toast...

Really Good Bacon, I say!

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Not a fan of toast, but I will take a nice muffin or a bagel.
I think the only reason I don't like toast is that if its dry and crunchy bread has a habit of scraping the roof of my mouth and leaving it irritated for the rest of the day.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Medium toasted sourdough bread with butter (real butter) is God's gift to breakfast. Top it with your eggs if you want, add jam if you desire; just know that it will never, never let you down.

Sourdough uber alles!

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I'm in between lightly and medium toasted. Have to have butter and Marmite on it, and if worse comes to worse and I have no Marmite... Strawberry Jam.

Also I can only eat toast with bread you cut yourself, I can't stand the crappy already cut stuff for toast.

Toastngravy

Jan 19, 2009
Excuse me my dear sir's and madams. While I appreciate your input on the best ways to prepare and serve me, I'd rather you take it up with me in private and not discuss it via a public medium.

I'd also be very appreciated if you'd discuss me in my original form. I know many prefer just the toast portion and that's how I'm often referred as but there's more to me than toast. I am also gravy and I'd like this included.

Thank you.

(Also lightly toasted)

svenjl

Mar 16, 2011
It must be dark brown. A bit burnt is ok. If I'm having Vegemite, I like the toast hot with melted butter that mixes with the Vegemite. For jam or cheese I like it room temp.

Mickus

Stitch by stitch
Sep 21, 2009
Lightly toasted with some butter melting on it and some nice cheese, yum.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'm glad that TF2 Yeah Toast vid popped up.. also, Talkie Toaster, hells yeah! Must... re-watch... Red Dwarf...

That said, I generally don't eat bread. Not a hard and fast rule, so on the occasion that I do have a sandwich of some sort (usually a BLT), I tend to do so with the bread lightly toasted.
Just toast, though? Never.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Medium with butter (ONLY BUTTER!) I'll be having none of that other shit like marmite....

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Lightly toasted or medium toasted. Depends on my mood.

Or Bagels. Bagels are good.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I like white bread done so it's a golden all over but still soft-ish in the middle. I like brown bread toasted slightly more than I like my white bread toasting. But both so the butter melts into it.

Also cold toast with Marmite on is amazing, white or brown bread.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I prefer medium as I view burnt as being bad for my health. I do eat lightly toasty but I enjoy medium more.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
My preference would be a medium toasted English muffin with either a small amount of butter or a little bit of extra crunchy peanut butter.

I've got nothing particularly against toast, though. If I didn't have any English muffins, I'd probably go with medium toasted bread (sourdough is what we usually buy) with a little bit of butter.

Granted, I usually don't eat breakfast because I'm usually not awake for it. My current job requires me to work nights, so I usually wake up too late for breakfast and a little too early for lunch. If forced to choose between breakfast foods or lunch foods, I'm going to pick lunch foods almost every time. Nothing beats a well-made sandwich.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
I like my toast medium rare, preferably with jam. Hmmm... jam... Or with Nutella... Hmmm... Nutella... Hell, even if the toast were burned, it would still taste good with Nutella!