Poll: Today is a wonderful day for me. Was it a Wonderful day for you?

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
So I had a job interview today at walmart for a job in the grocery section and when I went in they hired me on the spot and offered me a job in the Toys Department one of the places I wanted to work so I was overjoyed and almost acted like Twilight.

So did you have a good day and if so what all did you do or what happened to you?

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
I had a huge argument with my boyfriend, then wrecked him up in a game of TF2 and we made up.

Semi-planned a trip to DIDNEY WORL with a good friend.

Ate some healthy-as-fuck food that was sooooo tasty. Ruined that moments later with copious amounts of chocolate; doesn't matter, still good.

Watched some HIMYM.

Totally rocked it at Pointless (UK quiz show, aim of the game is to score the least points by providing the most obscure answers).

Pretty awesome day, all around.

Plus I got to read a kickass story about someone who got hired on the spot at Walmart to work in the toy department. Internet highfive to that guy!

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Black Mesa is going to be released in two days, It also got greeenlit and I caught up on my paperwork.

Day classification: Decent

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
I drank some orange juice and went to work. Sitting here and browsing the web on my break. Yeah, it's a fine morning, I suppose.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
My day started yesterday. I finished work and went to the gym with my brother, had a Thai Beef Salad at his place and played an Arkham Horror boardgame, then went and watched the world cup qualifier between Australia and Jordan. We lost 2 - 1 but I made some friends.

Got home, had a nap, went out got my back cracked. Afetr the chiropratctor I went and drank good coffee, got my watch fixed and bought three EPIC books; 400 Sauces (Hey I'm a chef!), The Prince by Nicolo Machiavelli and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson.

Now that I'm home I'm gonna freshen up and head on out on the town with my best mate. The Brisbane festival is on right now so we'll probably check out the Speigle Tent and hit up the Bower Bar for some jazz'n tunes and funky cocktails.

I would say today has been decent.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I can't complain I guess. I've been terribly sick for the past week or so with mild yet persistent headaches and occasional vomiting.

I finally got to the doctor where I found out that I'm actually allergic to oranges, which makes sense I guess because I've been trying to eat healthier lately and oranges are like my second favorite fruit. What doesn't make sense is I've been eating oranges all my life and for some reason my body just now decided that it doesn't like oranges. My doctor didn't have a very good answer as to why this may be. (And by not having a very good answer I mean he didn't have an answer at all.)

Anyway, I got two shots in my butt that would help with the nausea and headaches but they would also make me very tired, so the nurse told me to go home and sleep, so I did. It's now 1:27 AM and I'm wide awake (and feeling better thankfully) so I decided to get on The Escapist.

I'm not sure why, but I haven't logged onto The Escapist since April...so besides the new site design, what have I missed? (It took me like 30 seconds to figure out how to log in but other than that it's looking pretty cool.)

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Only 9.30 so far for me, but I've already had a blood and urine sample taken from me on suspision of diabetes. Don't think there's a chance I got it, but it's probably best to follow the doctors orders.

So no, not a very good day at all. :p

Zio_IV

Not a Premium Member
Sep 17, 2011
Was forced to crack open my PS3 in order to re-flow the solder and reapply thermal paste to the heat sinks, because my GFX card overheated and my screen was artifacting after 1-4 minutes of power.

As soon as that was finished and everything was put back together, ready to go, I turn on the PS3 to find that my entire HDD was corrupted and was forced to format the thing, resulting in the complete loss of all my data (None of the options in safe mode were able to resolve this). Since this was an original 60GB, I lost all of my game save data for my PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.

I've had better days.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I have only been up for about 2 hours but I had some morning sex with my girlfriend and then had a bacon sandwich. Really good start.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Actually got a decent nights sleep, caught up on some studying, spent some time with the girl, friend, played some vidya, ate chicken fried steak.

So yeah good day

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
I found a t shirt I though was missing while cleaning my room.

then I had bacon.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Well its only 10:15, I've barely even woken up.

I'm going to be stuck in the house potentially all day though since I have to wait for a delivery. Might call my mate over to play some CoD zombies to pass the time. That way he can help out with the delivery when it arrives, hehehe, free labour.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Is going alright, could be worse. There could be badgers in here with me.

I am having trouble staying awake cos I'm poorly and on a lot of drugs... that's actually really annoying but otherwise I'm just chilling and playing The Sims 3 so it's okay.

Grats on your Toy job OP. :)

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
Essay due date announced for 3 weeks from yesterday
Amount known about the area the essay is on: Zero
Day classification: Stop the world, I want to get off.

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
Stasisesque said:
I had a huge argument with my boyfriend, then wrecked him up in a game of TF2 and we made up.

Semi-planned a trip to DIDNEY WORL with a good friend.

Ate some healthy-as-fuck food that was sooooo tasty. Ruined that moments later with copious amounts of chocolate; doesn't matter, still good.

Watched some HIMYM.

Totally rocked it at Pointless (UK quiz show, aim of the game is to score the least points by providing the most obscure answers).

Pretty awesome day, all around.

Plus I got to read a kickass story about someone who got hired on the spot at Walmart to work in the toy department. Internet highfive to that guy!
Pointless is the greatest gameshow in the world!
Any day is wonderful if it features pointless

OT: Congrats on the job!
Havn't had a particularly great day in a while.
Going to see the physio today so hopefully he can help sort my leg out, that would be nice.
Then might be going to see Dredd this evening. If that happens then today will definitely be good =D

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Got a very upsetting result from a visit to a doctor. Also, my line of work sucks.

Day could be going much better.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
It's shaping up to be just an other day at work. Who knows, I might get exposed to a dangerous yet nonlethal dose of gamma radiation and develop awesome superpowers. We'll see, I'll let you know when I get back home this evening.