Poll: Topics you'd prefer not to see anymore.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Avatar threads seem to have replaced the 'zombie apocalypse' discussions of the olden days. You know, 'what flavour ice-cream would you eat first in the zombie apocalypse, and which Tekken character would you share the spoon with?'.

They are just as obnoxious, though.

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
HerrBobo said:
Threads that copy other thread. Like, some one will make one that goes "What is the best type of pie?" And then some one will make one "Things that go with pie?" and then there will be "I don't like pie", and then "Could pie be used as a weapon against zombies". An so on and so forth.
yeah i would of said this too some originally would be nice sometimes unless it's "hate" followed by "like" I'm not one for misguided hate

Dirzzit

Apr 16, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
"My GF ________"

And that's really the only type of thread I despise!

OHHH!

And anything about "obscure" bands.
Same here, but more importantly EVERYTIME I see your posts it takes me 10 minutes to look away from your avatar <_<

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I was about to choose "Your Avatar" option, until I saw the girl gamers option. Then I had to choose that. There is something about how some people discuss women gamers on this site that need to be punched. There was a "Do you know a girl gamer" thread, and the OP basically hedged out all casual games, MMOs, and music games like guitar hero. Essentually games he didn't consider games for sake of being a gamer. I wanted to reach through the screen to smack a fool.

Your avatar is getting sick of contributing to those threads where your avatar is the direct topic of discussion.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
"Your avatar" threads, to be sure.

It's blue virus.
He's from Dr Mario.
His power is is infection.
He destroys the world with fatal colds.
Enough already!

Guestyman

Nov 23, 2009
I put in a seconder for the "My country is better than yours" threads. I mean we all know that Australia is better than all of you*

I'm somewhat sick of all the homosexuality threads. I've been guilty of posting in them, but really every one devolves into three things: an excuse for the ignorant to proudly parade their prejudice, an excuse for straight people to show off how cool they are with it and go all "Joss Whedon: Minority Warrior" on us, and/or an excuse for sexual minorites to complain when someone inevitably says something offensive. They hardly ever contain any real discussion of the issue beyond the 2nd page, and yet they always go for 9 pages. I guess I really should practice the don't write, don't read policy, but I always get twitchy when SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET!

I also dislike the Yahtzee hate threads. I mean yes he's abrasive but that's his draw. You either respond to that kind of humour or you don't but just because you don't like him does not mean he is a cancer of the face of gaming. If you don't like how far he's going, listen to moviebob, or the Extracredits crew. Just stop listening to him all the time for the purpose of complaining afterwards. It gets old.

*Jokes, guys. We're half underwater at the moment, I can understand why that might put people off.

Sprntr_Zomby

Jun 7, 2010
Personally I would like to see basically all of the threads that we're in the polls to disappear. Most of the others I can stand because I don't see them as often.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Mostly just the typical, such as threads about "last enemy who...", "am I the only one?" or "I've lost faith in humanity!"

However there is a recent type of thread that is starting to get on my nerves, namely anything about paedophilia, child abuse, underage sex, because there's always a few people who are either trying to justify warped views, or more usually trying to edgy and "open-minded" by spouting crap which any normal person could tell is bullshit within a moment.

JezebelinHell

Dec 9, 2010
PeePantz said:
JezebelinHell said:
Is it ironic that you hate the existence of girl gamer threads, yet your post seems out of place and belongs in one of those threads you wish to disappear?
Hmm, and here I see a lot of posts with reasons as to why people don't like particular topics... How unusual mine is.

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
I'd prefer not to see the crap about relationships, help my cock is not big enough, how do I date people, do you trim your pubes?

That kind of crap. It's a gaming forum for the love of christ. Let's get back on topic and ban the sociotards.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
"Weaboo" or "japanophile" bashing threads. Just cuz it's not what you're into doesn't make it wrong; they're not hurting anyone (unless they bother actual japanese people, which is of course wrong) and what's wrong with someone taking an interest in a culture other than their own? To be honest a lot of people could benefit from doing the same.

Also threads about metal music, because everyone gets all high and mighty and says things like "I grew out of metal in my teens fnar fnar now I like jazz". Just shut up please, kthanx.

EDIT: Also threads about girls gaming. The longer people kick up a fuss about the fact that girls playing games is taboo the less likely it is that it will no longer be.

LaputanMachine

Feb 14, 2011
Anything about religions or politics. Pointless to argue about them because a weekend keyboard warrior isn't going to change anyones point of view because of a forum post.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
By far the one that annoys me the most is "Is PC gaming dying?" I mean there seems to be one of those at least once a week, and they are just plain stupid!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
OUt of those above, anti america.

But the one I would pick overall is the PC gamer ones. Both "oh, PC gaming is superior" or "Consoles are holding back gaming".

yeah, I'm tired of PC gamers on their high horses.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
Name something you good about a game you hate or name something bad about a game you love. Also name a good anime. I just see them so often, no variation just the same question over and over.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
anime based threads. Purely for the fact I have not one ounce of interest in Japanese cartoons outside of Pokémon and as such there is no way I can inject my overly inflated, self important opinions into them.

Also, I'd like to give a little love to recommend threads, I've played some great games thanks to those threads.