Poll: TotalBiscuit hired by the Escapist

Fappy

\[T]/
May 1, 2020
12,010
0
0
Country
United States
I love seeing people get their jimmies rustled so hard on this day. If this kinda petty stuff really pisses you off so much you need to go outside.
 
Aug 31, 2012
1,774
0
0
It'd be nice if it was true but somehow I don't see it, unless it was a very occasional piece I don't see the Escapist being able to pay him enough to spend time on making content for other people when he could be working on his own channel.
 

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
1,198
0
0
Wintermute said:
And the site is all black now.
Pssh, if the site WANTS to be black let it be black, y-you discriminatrix.

OT: We'll see if there's an update on this "news" tomorrow. Man, April first really sucks.
 

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
4,860
0
0
When in doubt, ask yourself if you've seen an official announcement or just a thread from a regular poster?

In any event, given the number of responses to this I'd say this one was successful. Congrats JoJo.
 

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
15,489
0
0
Bacon.

Also, Baker Cat!


He's baking!

(Believing it when seeing it, Escapist.)
 

Steve Waltz

New member
May 16, 2012
273
0
0
Oh, I know it?s not true, but I can fantasize still, can?t I? Seeing MovieBob get the axe in replacement for TotalBiscuit? Homeless, jobless, white knight Bob Chipman sitting on the sidewalk in front of The Escapist office begging women passing by for food or money, but they cast him aside. ?Check your privilege, male scum.? Then, a scone falls on the floor and Bob jumps on it like a frog and immediately devours it. John Bain simply tips his top hat with his cane as he walks inside The Escapist office building.

Someone give me a medal; I just wrote my first fan-fiction.

Wintermute said:
And the site is all black now.
OMG THAT?S RACIST!
 

FPLOON

Your #1 Source for the Dino Porn
Jul 10, 2013
12,531
0
0
Casual Shinji said:
That would be like Channel Awesome hiring Red Letter Media.
Wouldn't that be the other way around?

OT: Oh good... I need more of my PC gaming fix...
Story said:
Also is he a MovieBob replacement or a Jim Sterling replacement? Because I'm leaning on the latter.
I leaning more towards the diagonal and saying he's either No Right Answer or Unskippable's replacement... unless he's The Escapist News's video replacement, though...
 

omega 616

New member
May 1, 2009
5,883
0
0
So, Jim Sterling is leaving the Escapist and English Jim Totalbiscuit is joining!

I used to watch TB but the dude is like ouroboros, so I will watch as much as I did of Jim ... none of it.

Silver lining is the escapist isn't dead yet....

(should really clarify ... I trust nothing on this site on this day, I just went for a "if this was a hypothetical situation. Wonder how many believe me.... haha)
 

Fappy

\[T]/
May 1, 2020
12,010
0
0
Country
United States
Steve Waltz said:
Oh, I know it?s not true, but I can fantasize still, can?t I? Seeing MovieBob get the axe in replacement for TotalBiscuit? Homeless, jobless, white knight Bob Chipman sitting on the sidewalk in front of The Escapist office begging women passing by for food or money, but they cast him aside. ?Check your privilege, male scum.? Then, a scone falls on the floor and Bob jumps on it like a frog and immediately devours it. John Bain simply tips his top hat with his cane as he walks inside The Escapist office building.

Someone give me a medal; I just wrote my first fan-fiction.

Wintermute said:
And the site is all black now.
OMG THAT?S RACIST!
Fantasizing about someone being a homeless beggar is pretty tacky, bro.

Your fan fiction gets a 1 out of spaghetti. Would not marinara again.
 

Steve Waltz

New member
May 16, 2012
273
0
0
Fappy said:
Fantasizing about someone being a homeless beggar is pretty tacky, bro.

Your fan fiction gets a 1 out of spaghetti. Would not marinara again.
Since when are fan-fictions ever NOT tacky? :p

For the record: No, I would never wish misfortune upon someone in real life, but it?s fantasy, so what?s wrong with going overboard? Besides the Political Correct police trying to get me arrested and executed for not being thoughtful towards everyone, all the time, forever.
 

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
1,022
0
0
Hmm smells like bullshit...*checks date on posts*...looks like bullshit too...Conclusion? It's probably not true.
 

Starke

New member
Mar 6, 2008
3,877
0
0
Thorn14 said:
GOD I HATE THIS DAY.

And now everything is now upside down. Fine, guess I just wont visit this website today.
Yeah, the best part is when the forums go black. :\
 

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
1,314
0
0
God, I can't, I just can't, I have lost my ability to can, tag your triggers.

Dear literally everyone, from OP to the shitheads who fucked with all the chairs at my college: You. Are. Not. Funny. Stop.

I'm going to just unplug the internet and refuse to leave the house for 24 hours every April 1st, otherwise I'm either going either going to choke someone or having an aneurysm. Or possibly both.
 

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
4,896
0
0
Hahaha, you wish. April Fools I assume.

If not, he'll be my new favourite contributor and I sincerely congratulate the Escapist for landing him.
 

mitchell271

New member
Sep 3, 2010
1,457
0
0
Zontar said:
God dame it, this is great news, but on the other hand this is April 1st.

I don't even....

EDIT: If it's fake and a prank, then Archon and TB are going a little far [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/totalbiscuit]. Makes sense that today would be the day to announce it given it's the first of the month, but if true it's the worst month to do it.
It's fake, those tweets are just pictures instead of proper embedded ones. If you check their twitter accounts, there also isn't anything there.
 

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
4,931
0
0
mitchell271 said:
Zontar said:
God dame it, this is great news, but on the other hand this is April 1st.

I don't even....

EDIT: If it's fake and a prank, then Archon and TB are going a little far [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/totalbiscuit]. Makes sense that today would be the day to announce it given it's the first of the month, but if true it's the worst month to do it.
It's fake, those tweets are just pictures instead of proper embedded ones. If you check their twitter accounts, there also isn't anything there.


I knew it was too good to be true, but dame it all, this would have been the best thing to happen to the site since....

I can't even think of something to end that with.
 

Mid Boss

Senior Member
Aug 20, 2012
268
6
23
Soviet Heavy said:
Casual Shinji said:
I can imagine this one maybe being a bit too salty for some people
That's the catch, TB is too caustic for the Escapist's new no negativity approach. Should have tipped people off right there.
I love your icon. I might steal it. XD