Poll: Toughest Sport

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
TheAmazingHobo said:
Australian Football.
Hands down.

Saw a game some years ago and, by god, those guys are nuts.
It's not really that bad, we hit like those guys in American football 'cept we don't hide behind any armor...actually we probably are as crazy as you think :)

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
I can't believe someone voted Cricket over the other options. Even it's name is girly.

sulld1

Apr 14, 2009
Rugby / aussie rules would probably be the toughest i think, played american football, well i'm actually playing it at the moment in uni and it doesn't match up to rugby because you're on the pitch for maybe 30 minutes and even then you aren't actually using any stamina. so yer rugby or aussie rules... but i prefer rugby if i had to choose

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
silasbufu said:
I can't believe someone voted Cricket over the other options. Even it's name is girly.
Getting hit by a cricket ball, especially in the head, is not an enjoyable experience.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
smithy_2045 said:
silasbufu said:
Getting hit by a cricket ball, especially in the head, is not an enjoyable experience.
Sure, I'm not arguing that you can't get hurt. But you just can't compare that with what happens in Rugby for example.

Crises^

Sep 21, 2010
Hurling fastest grass pitch game in the world and the oak sticks go head hight >.<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmzivRetelE

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Theoretically? Hard to say.

Real world? American Football. The NFL is the only athletic league with 6'8", 350lbs monsters who can still run down the vast majority of people. It's just simple physics; no one will hit you harder than a defensive or offensive lineman - or a linebacker (who weighs 1/3 less but travels 50% faster). Now imagine these people colliding with each other hundreds of times per game - and realize that their actual skin, organs, and bones are no stronger than yours.

anglomanii

Mar 6, 2010
it's called state of origin rugby league. it's pure tribal insanity. and the players are just as big as their North American brethren.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZFCsBvkIcc

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsQXjTuzeBI&feature=related

but to be honest i do think that AFL or Australian rules football should be considered as the toughest sport, closely followed by hurling.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
im gonna have to go with hockey. although rugby is probably a close second.

unless there is some other supreme badass sport ive never heard of

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
JUMBO PALACE said:
I've got to agree with you. Hockey is just a bad ass sport. Followed closely by American football and rugby.
Yeah, Hockey is badass.

And people who play hockey are badass... and crazy.

I mean, to want to play a sport where you slide around on ice with 2 thin metal blades attatched to your feet while smacking a tiny piece of rubber with a thin stick while other guys doing the same thing try to smash you into the wall takes both balls & a bit of crazy.

I also think that American Football & Rugby should be in the same place, since it's essentially the same but American Football players have the good sense to use some fucking protection.

Blackvegie

Nov 16, 2009
I think it would be boxing. As the consistent aim is to damage your opponent as much as possible.

Triskutt900

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
i say rugby because
im 14 4"10 weigh 95 pounds and play rugger with people twice as big as me

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
Other: Golf
Have you ever been golfing? That shit is literally club-snappingly frustrating and difficult on off days, only twelve-long strings of curse words on good days.

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
Scientifically, baseball is the hardest sport to succeed at, as you have a cylindrical object hitting a spherical object moving on at 90+mph on as many as three planes.

As for the physically toughest, I would have said rugby up until a few days ago, but after having watched a few tests (I think that's what they're called) over this past weekend, it doesn't seem as if they're ever far enough apart to really hit the other guys very hard.

So, I guess I have to go with hockey or American football.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
KwaggaDan said:
I'd have to go for professional fighting. Boxing especially or UFC. The training and risk of injury is huge. Insofar as team sport is concerned it would be Aussie Rules. It's like American football minus the gear and safety rules.
He did say fighting sports, where the sole objective is to beat up the other guy aren't allowed, this is between the other sports.

I would say Hockey, from what I've heard above, it does seem to be by far the most terrifying thing sport that I have seen.

Thee Prisoner

Apr 28, 2010
enzilewulf said:
Lacrosse. Just from what I have seen this shit hurts like hell and if you get clocked with the ball your going down..hence why Goalies are crazy. Well I guess the same thing applies to Hockey as well.
Lawn Darts are deadly!

I was thinking the same thing. Lacrosse is hockey on grass.

Lusty

Dec 12, 2008
silasbufu said:
smithy_2045 said:
silasbufu said:
Sure, I'm not arguing that you can't get hurt. But you just can't compare that with what happens in Rugby for example.
Try spending a few hours standing 22 yards away from someone who is hurling rocks at your face at 90 miles an hour. Then tell me it's not tough. Anyone who played without a helmet against the West Indies back in the seventies is a psychopath as far as I'm concerned.

With that said, I would have voted for Aussie Rules. Half those guys are only in it for the violence.