Poll: Transformers 3?!

Weofparadigm

Jul 12, 2010
As you may have already noticed, The trailer for Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Is this a Pink Floyd reference?) has already come out. You can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMAgTyac08s but I don't recommend it.

So it's still being directed by Michael Bay, still stars Shia LeBouf and features the same ugly robot designs. I'm here to shout from the rooftops "THIS MOVIE SHOULD NOT BE MADE" and frankly the director needs to be locked away. The first two were universally bashed by critics and movie goers alike. Why is this being allowed? It's like a sequel to Ishtar or Last Airbender. Unfortunately, nothing I say or do can stop this terrible man from making huge amounts of cash on a terrible movie.

Anybody out there in internet land want to stop this movie or have an idea on how to stop it? Is there a petition floating around somewhere?

PS: I noticed that the movie is being produced by Spielberg. Could that possibly salvage it?

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Weofparadigm said:
I noticed that the movie is being produced by Spielberg. Could that possibly salvage it?
Spielberg produced Transformers 2 as well, so yeah...

Also, get ready to be badgered by Transformers fans.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
If its going to make them money, I see no reason not to let them make it, I personally didn't enjoy either the 1st or 2nd Transformers but a number of my friends did and I wouldn't want to deny them a movie they want to see!

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Why shouldn't it be made?

People liked the movies, they made a metric shittonne of money so of course they'll make more.

If a person is a self entitled nerd like Movie bob who thinks that just because it's not "their" transformers it's somehow evil or wrong then they're a moron.

This isn't generation 1 transformers it's generation movie.

Oh and generation 1 was good when I was a little kid, not so much now. People really need to ditch the rose coloured glasses when it comes to comparing them.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I enjoyed the first two films so naturally I will go in to see this one.
I'll come for the robots killing eachother, hope to Primus that Optimus regains his senses and squashes Shia LeDouche (and every other human character) into the dirt and will listen out for the Transformers theme song (and will be very disappointed). I don't have an opinion on whether or not it should be made but it doesn't seem to be doing any harm other than causing Transformers: Animated to lose out on a fourth season.......wait.

CAPTCHA: enenstan service. Anyone know a place called Enenstan?

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
(First of all, I thought the robots looked a lot better than they did in the shows... except for making Prime a tractor-trailer instead of a fire engine!)

The good: Same robot designs, same Robot destruction.
Still directed by Bay.
Seems to be a lot of explosions.
Possible dinobots?

The Bad: Shia LaBouf is still in there.
They GOT RID of Megan Fox. (WTF?!?)
The trailer and the whole "Decepticons on the moon", thing will just feed the Conspiracy theorists.
The 2nd movie. (Just bad in general, without adding killing off Jetfire into the mix)

The Ugly: LaBouf, Tractor-Trailer Prime, Prime/Jetfire mix.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I liked the first one, but the second made no sense.
If they manage to eventually work in the dinobots and Unicron then I may be happy enough to forget the second one.

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
I was fooled by the first one, it had it's moments IE: Starscream's aerial combat scene was epic. But it was still a poor poor quality movie that in retrospect was not as good as I thought at first.

The second one reached it's hands into my childhood and MOLESTED ME. I can't even begin to name the amount of stupid stupid stupid stupid shit in that film. The top being: the twins, Megan Fox's (acting) and no I don't think she's hot she's stupid, talentless and uses her looks to get ahead. I'm glad she's not in the third one but it won't help. Also you have soundwave but...the line? Where's his line? "Autobots inferior Soundwave superior." And the noise...the transforming noise...and the song...the song isn't there...wtf?

As for the third...Their retconning the story, or it at least seems that way to me. Micheal Bay is still the director (*incoherent rage*) Labouf is still in it. (I mean he fucked up Indiana Jones can't this ass take a FUCKING BREAK?) The Transformers are still these Tribal nightmares that look 'edgy' and 'extreme' it still looks like he's giving the army and it's tech a blowjob. I agree they got cool shit but that's not the kind of stuff you focus on in a movie with ROBOTIC ALIENS WHO TURN INTO CARS....How oh how do you fuck that up to this degree?

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Nerf Ninja said:

People liked the movies, they made a metric shittonne of money so of course they'll make more.

If a person is a self entitled nerd like Movie bob who thinks that just because it's not "their" transformers it's somehow evil or wrong then they're a moron.

Oh and generation 1 was good when I was a little kid, not so much now. People really need to ditch the rose coloured glasses when it comes to comparing them.
To be fair, the problems Moviebob has with the movies aren't because this version isn't "his transformers" its because the story and writing of the movies is terrible. The cartoon movies where better quality in just about every department. Some of the cartoon series had better characters/writing. Again, not because the cannon isn't being followed or whatever, not because the transformers don't look like they did in the cartoon, but because the movies have bad writing and bad acting. The new transformers movies are objectively bad on their own.

I'm not gonna call you an idiot for liking the movies for the cool effects, pretty explosions, giant robot fighting or whatever. Its not a crime to like a terribly written movie with bad acting, just keep in mind its still a terribly written movie with bad acting.

To be perfectly honest I liked the first one even. Its wasn't anything special but it was fun and it kinda worked. The second one? No, that was just bad.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
The second film was the worst film ever made.

I'm intrigued in a kind of psychologically twisted kind of way to see if they can make something worse.

I'm still angry about the second film and it has been two years now.

flipsalty

May 11, 2010
Spartan448 said:
(First of all, I thought the robots looked a lot better than they did in the shows... except for making Prime a tractor-trailer instead of a fire engine!)

The good: Same robot designs, same Robot destruction.
Still directed by Bay.
Seems to be a lot of explosions.
Possible dinobots?

The Bad: Shia LaBouf is still in there.
They GOT RID of Megan Fox. (WTF?!?)
The trailer and the whole "Decepticons on the moon", thing will just feed the Conspiracy theorists.
The 2nd movie. (Just bad in general, without adding killing off Jetfire into the mix)

The Ugly: LaBouf, Tractor-Trailer Prime, Prime/Jetfire mix.
Optimus Prime was originally a tractor trailer

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
flipsalty said:
Optimus Prime was originally a tractor trailer
Why are people hung up on this? It literally does not matter if he is a tractor trailer or a fire truck. Both forms have worked in different retellings of the story.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
The first movie was bad, but watchable. The second movie was a crime against the human mind (when the guy who made the movie says it sucks, then it's a good sign that it sucked). There's no way in hell I'm paying $12 to go see another one.

Michael Bay is, and always has been, a terrible director. He sets up action set pieces decently enough, but he always does that stupid "intense" shaky-cam crap that renders about 87% of the action completely unwatchable. Get the camera away from Megatron's calf, back it up about 50 yards, and most of his fight scenes would be pretty entertaining. He doesn't know how to work with actors, period. A first year NYU film student can direct actors better than Bay can.

If the overall quality of a movie was measured solely by the number of gunshots and explosions in it, then Michael Bay would have made the 10 best movies in history. As it is, Bay is just a very bad director who got lucky. If he would have existed in any other era of filmmaking, he never would have gotten a single picture greenlit.

I have to say though, he's a pretty intelligent guy. He sees what the mass market wants, and he provides. Terrible movies or no, they're incredibly lucrative. Also, he got rid of Megan Fox, so that gives him several hundred thousand bonus points. I don't care how attractive Fox is (answer: not incredibly), she's literally one of, if not the worst actress working today. There are literally thousands of young actresses with far more talent than Fox has being passed over in favor of a nice piece of ass.

Both movies were terrible. That has no reflection on anyone who likes them though. I, personally, love terrible movies. The kind that's so bad it comes around to being hilarious. I just couldn't find anything to laugh at in the Transformers movies (least of all the two ghetto Autobots in the second one. That made me squirm, and I'm not particularly racially sensitive). They weren't funny bad, they were just...well, bad.

JacOak

Oct 9, 2008
Spartan448 said:
Dude, Prime was only a fire engine in the anime series Robots in Disguise and the recent US series Transformers Animated. He was... actually, I don't know exactly what kind of truck he was, but it was a cab over engine, I know that much.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it, but I'm exceptionally apprehensive. I looked forward to the second one, having enjoyed the first (which is still a movie I enjoy, although I see its many flaws), but found it to be, as another man put it, aggressively dull. Loud, stupid, offensive and unfunny, it was a prolonged and painful experience. But other people have expressed the problems with this movie far more effectively than I.

Personally pleased that Fox is out of the picture, too. She's a poor actress and not far beyond 'attractive' in my book.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Eldarion said:
Nerf Ninja said:

To be fair, the problems Moviebob has with the movies aren't because this version isn't "his transformers" its because the story and writing of the movies is terrible. The cartoon movies where better quality in just about every department. Some of the cartoon series had better characters/writing.

I'm not gonna call you an idiot for liking the movies for the cool effects, pretty explosions, giant robot fighting or whatever. Its not a crime to like a terribly written movie with bad acting, just keep in mind its still a terribly written movie with bad acting.
Never said otherwise :) they're Michael Bay films, if you're watching those expecting a coherent plot you're doing it wrong.

However I genuinely can't see how a film about giant smashy robots based on a cartoon about giant smashy robots could be anything different to what we have.

As much as I know MovieBob isn't really basing his objections on his childhood, he sure comes across like it.

ViaticalTarsier

Sep 7, 2010
Yes the movie should be made. I loved the first and enjoyed the second and on RT they have an 89% and 76% so people enjoyed them. You have you're "they ruined my childhood" crowd but for most people the movies where entertaining as a summer action blockbuster. I know I'm looking forward to july when transformers 3 comes out.