Poll: Two Questions

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
So we all complain about how people with a bunch of kids getting pregnant and not getting abortions, we also complain about how people cannot choose a decent leader for their government. Well all I have for you are two questions.

If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids, three of which were deaf, two others were blind, one was mentally retarded and she had syphilis. Would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Also by some twist of fate you get to choose who runs the world. Here are their backgrounds.

Candidate 1. He associates with crooked polititians and consults with astrologists. He has had 2 mistresses and is a chain smoker, he also drinks 8-12 mirtinis a day.

Candidate 2. He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate 3. He is a decorated war-hero, he's also a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks the occasional beer and never commited adultry.

Now pick an answer to these 2 questions then scroll down (No Peeking).

Candidate 1 was Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Candidate 2 was Winston Churchill.

Candidate 3 was Adolf Hitler.

I choose not to add what they did while in power, I merely told you their backgrounds (so don't call me a Nazi).

Also to those of you who think the lady should get an abortion, then you just killed Beethoven.

Mind blowing isn't it?

Also not sure if your religous but remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic. But you would need to be a hardcore religous zealot to believe that.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Candidate 1, human flaws is what makes the world go around...

JemJar

Feb 17, 2009
And this is precisely why the character assassination and media intrusion into the private lives of politicians is a bad thing.

Remind me to show you the wonderful comparison Bremner, Bird & Fortune wrote up of the quotes of Adolf Hitler on the liberation of Poland / Austria / Czechoslovakia and the quotes of Blair and Bush on the liberation of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
yes and 3 since he is the best of a bad bunch
1 will make bad decisions because he is crooked and superstitious and drinks a crap load
2 will make worse decisions because he drinks a crap load is an ex stoner and has had a bad track record
3 will make poor decisions (but not as bad as the first two) because he is a vegetarian and a human

and on the abortion issue i would put the whole family in the ground because there is an obvious genetic flaw in the family and it needs to be removed from the gene pool

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
That was cool, cheers Blatherscythe.

Wouldn't have picked Candidate 3. No fucking way would I trust a vegetarian to run anything, (learned my lesson when I let one mind the BBQ while I went to get another beer.)

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
CloggedDonkey said:
Blatherscythe said:
CloggedDonkey said:
um... I... hu*head explodes*.
What? C'mon spit it out!
fine, I think the women should have an abortion and that Hitler should be the president. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR!? HUA!?
Not really. Just wanted to know what you were going to say before you head spontanously exploded.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Superior Mind said:
That was cool, cheers Blatherscythe.

Wouldn't have picked Candidate 3. No fucking way would I trust a vegetarian to run anything, (learned my lesson when I let one mind the BBQ while I went to get another beer.)
Switched the food with the toxic tofu fakes or let the meat burn? If you ingested that hazardous waste we need to get you to a hospital for a detox.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Blatherscythe said:
Candidate 3. He is a decorated war-hero, he's also a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks the occasional beer and never commited adultry.
He did eat sausages and he had a mistress, while Hitler certainly didn't eat a lot of meat, he did in fact use of a lot of quack medical treatments using animal products such as bovine testosterone. He was also addicted to amphetamines and possibly had syphilis. It's all in how you present the information.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
BrynThomas said:
Blatherscythe said:
He did eat sausages and he had a mistress, while Hitler certainly didn't eat a lot of meat, he did in fact use of a lot of quack medical treatments using animal products such as bovine testosterone. He was also addicted to amphetamines and possibly had syphilis. It's all in how you present the information.
It was his background that counted in this case, not what happened after his rise to power.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
Well that's hardly surprising, you cherry picked the information.
You could also have mentioned that candidate 3 wrote a book that basically said "if I get into power, I will kill all the jews".

Although I did choose number 2 anyway, I want someone with some normal faults. Not someone who is absolutely spotless.

Also not sure if your religous but remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.
This quote is so mind blowingly stupid I nearly spat out my drink.

Firstly, professionals built the Titanic, but they weren't the ones bouncing it full speed off icebergs.
Secondly, that amateur, who also isn't confirmed in any way by history, was supposedly infused by the hand of god to do so.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
caemsg said:
yes and 3 since he is the best of a bad bunch
1 will make bad decisions because he is crooked and superstitious and drinks a crap load
2 will make worse decisions because he drinks a crap load is an ex stoner and has had a bad track record
3 will make poor decisions (but not as bad as the first two) because he is a vegetarian and a human

and on the abortion issue i would put the whole family in the ground because there is an obvious genetic flaw in the family and it needs to be removed from the gene pool
Logical but little did you know that you prevented a man who was one of the greatest composers of all time from being born, you also would have put a facist in power. Just goes to show that we really don't know how our decisions will impact the world.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Blatherscythe said:
It was his background that counted in this case, not what happened after his rise to power.
Well the syphilis thing still stands and I thought he got more vegetarian the more he rose in power.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
No (I'm not some abortion hater by the way, I think it's a tremendous idea) and 3. But then we'd have a tremendous problem... again.

PS. (Couldn't be much worse than Gordon, could it?)

PSS. (Too far?)