Poll: UESP vs Elder Scrolls Wiki

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I only really use the Wiki when I need some quick game advice (usually for bug fixes), so I haven't really had a look around at other sites. UESP looks far better for lore though.

In saying that, the Elder Scrolls Wiki is one of the better Wikis I've seen. At least there appears to be some basic grammar to it. I've used some terrible ones, and it's safe to say that this one is better than many others.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I only tend to use either if I'm in desperate need of a walkthrough or if I'm wanting to find certain items or locations. So in that regard I tend to use The Elder Scrolls Wiki because it quickly gives me the information I need without giving me too much detail about it.
If I want to know more about the lore behind certain things, I can just read one of the in-game books or talk to some people.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I definitely prefer UESP. I've always found it relatively easy to get to grips with, the information is clear and factual and the parchment colour scheme is awesome.

...I never thought I'd be answering a topic about favourite wikis. I love how nerdy this is :D

Esotera

May 5, 2011
UESP has a simple design, and doesn't take long to load on a phone. I haven't really used the Elder Scrolls Wiki but the one time I did, it raped my eyes to the point where I couldn't read any of the content.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
I've used UESP since I first got into Elder Scrolls and it's always been helpful, TES wiki should never have been made.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Every time I looked something up UESP provided me with more info, more in-depth info and is overall a superior resource. TESW is a bit prettier. I don't think it's a hard choice...

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
I've always found UESP far superior with much more indepth information and details.

I'd often have a page on each open on the same item/quest/place and would close the wiki one most of the time. No reason for it since UESP contains all the useful information there and more.

I also find the design far superior. Much more calm and reasoned, which reflects the site if you ask me.

Dr. Doomsduck

Nov 24, 2011
UESP for gameplay and the Imperial Library when I'm looking into the lore. Though that one's a bit of a ***** to navigate through.

http://www.imperial-library.info/

C F

Jan 10, 2012
On the odd occasion I need a gameplay tip, I'll check and compare the pages of both.
I think I only ever browsed either site for their content once, and I haven't got enough information to make a call on which is hands-down better than the other.

Shadows Risen

Nov 1, 2011
UESP over TESW every time. UESP's pretty well put together and it's been my go-to site if I can't find something since Oblivion (started with Oblivion, never got around to Morrowind). I suppose it's a bit bland design wise but I'd rather have that and the ton of information it has over pretty and full of fanon.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Being the massive Elder Scrolls fan that I am, I can safely say that The Elder Scrolls Wiki is, and possibly always will be... GARBAGE.

The Elder Scrolls Wiki is so full of fanon it's simply mind boggling, everyone on every major Elder Scrolls fan site will tell you to stay away from The Elder Scrolls Wiki becuase of the sheer amount of made up content on that site.

TESW has no moderation, no content checks, no standards of quality.
Seconded. The only reason to ever use TESWiki is when you want to check lore for a specific weapon, and only then when you don't need to be 100% correct.
I have no idea how many anon edits i've made to fix their pages, then when i made a wikia account, went to Sheogorath's page, and promptly quit forever.

It seems like the only time TESwiki is correct and not typed up like a retarded chimp is when they plagiarize from other, better sites

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
ohnoitsabear said:
I've never used Elder Scrolls Wiki, but based on my experience with other wikia sites, I probably wouldn't like it very much. My experience with other wikia sites has been an inconstant standard of quality, pages that don't have enough stuff in them to be useful, and way too many damn adds.
Come to the Dishonored wiki. It's really starting to take off. We've already banned 8 trolls, 2 of which are permanent now. /classy

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
UESP is by far more accurate and has a larger database of lore and information overall. The wikia guys are children compared to what the UESP has to offer.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
By far UESP. Almost all of the time the articles are more detailed and waaay more accurate.

Also, the forums are pretty awesome.