Poll: Uwe Boll Poll

hem dazon 90

Aug 12, 2008
hes kinda cool. everyone needs to know going in that its (his movies) are 80s style popcorn flicks nothing more

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
He may have made some bad films, but I've got nothing against the guy & I certainly don't want him dead.

I'm sure if I met him personally, we could have a civil conversation & maybe even get on quite well.

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
Am I the only that loves him? I love whenever he makes one how everyone complains about it because I get to laugh at them for spending money on something they know (or should know) will be terrible and then complaining when it isn't good.

Plus, he challenged other filmmakers to a boxing match and then beat the crap out of them. Most of them thought it was going to be fake or not that brutal, but he was a professional boxer for some time so he pretty much ended all the matches with the other guy needing breathing support. Good times.

Kahuna-Kurt

Aug 28, 2008
he just seems to be a little meh to me, that's all I can say...

I don't know him and I doubt you all do, maybe, but I don't think he's so famous. I mean you have to be in deep on the whole movie fanatic culture to find him or be a bit of a nerd(it's not a bad thing, it's just generally accepted by the majority of western culture)

Aeranlaes

Jul 27, 2008
My feelings for Uwe Boll are pretty eh. I was actually talking about him with recently some friend, and my opinion of him is pretty jaded. To be honest, I have really low expectations for video game to film conversions, so I'm not disappointed by anything he's done. Although he's certainly not raising film standards either.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
He's a self-important twit with a conviction that gamers are a moronic untapped moviegoing audience willing to watch anything that came from a game. Sadly, he's sometimes right. I kind of wish he wasn't there to convince Hollywood execs that good movies can't come from games.

That being said, he's hugely entertaining as an individual, and if you show the perverse immunity to having your brain disintegrate while watching his films, they're good fun. (So Bad It's Good vs. So Bad It's Horrible)

When I saw the title of this thread I initially thought it was a poll about a poll (or at least, about the Uwe Boll petition). Any thoughts about doing something Zen and making a poll about the poll about a poll were quashed, however.

666thHeretic

May 26, 2008
I would have held a small bit of respect for him, until that whole boxing match bit of stupidity. Beating the hell out of someone for not liking your shitty movie is just ridiculous.

Mar 26, 2008
Careful, he'll challenge you to a boxing match for this thread!

He's a deluded crackpot. He sees himself as doing the right thing by gamers and bringing the excitement and action embodied by games to the silver screen; but once he has bought the rights he then takes everything good and unique about said game and turns it into a Grade Z shlockfest (that said House of the Dead wasn't too far away to begin with).

Thank God he didn't get the rights to Bioshock otherwise I would have thrown down the gauntlet and hopped into the boxing ring with him. Probably have gotten my arse handed to me but not before landing a solid kick to the pills that would make him think thrice about butchering a beloved game.

A_Red_Sky_Morning

Jul 9, 2008
I don't think he even takes himself seriously. Maybe the reason that he does such horrible Video Game-to-Movie rips is that he doesn't really care about the viewers, or maybe he even delights in annoying us.

If that were the case, I'd want him dead. But I can only speculate.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
KSI Hellboy post=18.70393.690140 said:
You know if turned out to be really cool and such his nickname could have been Uber Boll.
He's a doctor, so you could call him "Uwe Boll, PhD."

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
I hate him and what he's doing to the movie industry! Films in Australia and so under budgeted that we could make half of what he does and yet we produce better movies. No f-ing justice.

So I picked I Love Him just to screw with people's minds.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I don't want him dead but I'm exactly a fan... at all.

As for his films... EX-TER-MIN-ATE!

Spleeni

Jul 5, 2008
TheNecroswanson post=18.70393.690719 said:
If I ever saw him on the streets I'd ask for his autograph. And while he's writing his name I give him my foot to his junk. Then, when he's down I keep doing it until he coughs up blood.
All while mocking his boxing career.
I would laugh, take pictures, and sell them on the Internet for Internet-money.

...naaaah...
I would use his own equipment to make
"UWE BOLL in: Not without my Junk-the Movie"