Poll: Uwe Boll Poll

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
He made the genre (video game movies) suck so there is less chance of game related movies getting made in the future, anyone interested will look at the past (namely his work) and come to the conclusion it's a waste of effort.

Eiseman

Jul 23, 2008
And now for an aged internet meme!

I think Uwe Boll is a pretty cool guy. eh makes shit movies and doesnt afraid of anything.

KSI Hellboy

May 28, 2008
Eiseman post=18.70393.692432 said:
And now for an aged internet meme!

I think Uwe Boll is a pretty cool guy who makes shit movies and isn't afraid of anything.
Sorry I went a little grammar Nazi for a minute.

The Gil-Monster

Nov 26, 2007
On The Daily Show, Lewis Black once said to Quentin Tarantino, "Look. I love your movies. ...STOP. TALKING."

In that regard, I consider Uwe Boll the Anti-Tarantino: his movies are dreadful, but I never want him to stop talking, like when he's calling Michael Bay a "fucking retard".

Not that I'm all that fond of Tarantino's films either. At least Quentin doesn't open his horror films with a monologue about which characters are going to die.

AntiAntagonist

Neither good or bad
Apr 17, 2008
Calobi post=18.70393.690063 said:
Plus, he challenged other filmmakers to a boxing match and then beat the crap out of them. Most of them thought it was going to be fake or not that brutal, but he was a professional boxer for some time so he pretty much ended all the matches with the other guy needing breathing support. Good times.
Actually they were a bunch of people on IMDB and some forums that complained about his movies repeatedly. They were told that they were going to get some training, but it kept getting "postponed" right up until the match. He really smacked around everybody... except the one guy that had martial arts training (IIRC he stopped the match early on that one).

Xhumed

Jun 15, 2008
werepossum post=18.70393.692937 said:
Hey, his movies have earned hundreds of dollars and entertained dozens of people.
That made me laugh. Well done.

Cargando

Apr 8, 2009
I picked the 'I love him' poll, but only because it sounded like the type of poll option you'd like to give a hug.

Anyway, I still don't want him to make any more films. At least, game films.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I don't think I can have an opinion on him until I learn to pronounce his name properly.

Diablini

May 24, 2009
I like how he still thinks he is not retarded. See his movies, then see the spoiler and tell me: How does he not see his "rhetardatian"?

This is my brother Uwe. He have the retardations!

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
Jamash said:
He may have made some bad films, but I've got nothing against the guy & I certainly don't want him dead.

I'm sure if I met him personally, we could have a civil conversation & maybe even get on quite well.
Graham Stark had that very experience http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/330/An-Interview-with-Uwe-Boll . His introduction: "It may not change your mind about his films, but hopefully it'll change your mind about him. It did for me."

I've only seen one of his films (at the time of this post), and that was Seed. I may not have liked it, but not because it's a bad film; it's at least as competent a horror movie as anything out there today, like the Saw series or any of Zombie's films. My only real reason for not liking it is that I just prefer suspense to gore.

I think his only real fault as a director is some slightly iffy casting: like Tara Reid in Alone in the Dark or Ray Liotta in In the Name of the King (I mean, I haven't even seen Dungeon Siege, and I'm already not looking forward to seeing Ray Liotta try to be a menacing wizard; I can't even take that guy seriously, let alone find him menacing).

In any case, I certainly agree with a lot of his sentiments about the current state of the film industry (Hell, actually I think I agree with all of them), and his response to criticism is not without merit; for his boxing matches, it was revealed that half of the people he fought hadn't actually seen his movies (yet were harshly criticizing him).

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
Souplex said:
I don't think I can have an opinion on him until I learn to pronounce his name properly.
People often make the mistake of pronouncing the "W" in his name; it's actually a "V" sound, like in "Werner Herzog". People also elongate the "O" in his last name; it's more of an "A" sound.

So, anyway, it's pronounced "oo-veh bawl"