Poll: Viva New Vegas!!

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
I think it has been long enough for the Escapees to has bought and played NV.

What are your thoughts on the game?

I personally find the game awesome. It's very good and it passes Fallout 3. No sweat.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
I loved the game, easily better than 3. I liked....everything about it really >.>

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
I love it! But is far more difficult than Fallout 3..

Now im stuck in vault 34, low on health.. Have no stimpacks, no Radaway and no Rad-x..

Damn those radiated limb molesting ghouls! They have been the death of me many times..

Must get out somehow and come back when i have "ultra mega death slap yo face in da ground" weapons..

EDIT: Why do shotguns for shit for damage? I mights as well run of to my fiends and fart in their face hoping the eggsmell will drain them for health..

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I wish I could play long enough to form an opinions, but all I did was reach Novac, then started getting addicted to Demon's Souls.

But what I've done so far wasn't terribly fun.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I wish I could play long enough to form an opinions, but all I did was reach Novac, then started getting addicted to Demon's Souls.

But what I've done so far wasn't terribly fun.
Same way I felt but it gets a lot more fun later on and sucks you in before you know it. It was the same for fallout 3 with me too, I started playing not outta fun but obligation because first couple hrs had me bored as hell. Next thing I noticed I was playing for hrs straight and couldn't put it down for weeks. When I started NV I felt bored and kept turning it off for red dead, but sometime after I got to the strip I saw it sucked me in again w/o me even noticing...

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Loved it, despite not enjoying Fallout 3. This game just had a lot more charisma, and I like the branching choices.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Love it, working on a new playthrough now. So much to explore there, it's going to be a while before I am done.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
oplinger said:
I loved the game, easily better than 3. I liked....everything about it really >.>
Yes, yes, yes! New Vegas is fantastic... three always felt a little... odd. New Vegas fixes that... the political situation is believable, and the followers are just more fun than in 3.

Nvv

Sep 28, 2009
I love it!

By the way: How many are playing Hardcore mode?
I do, and it adds a degree of difficulty and immersion which I really enjoy.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
They certainly made it more difficult. Dead Wind Caverns made me shit my pants.

I enjoyed the storyline less than F3's but the characters were waaaaaaaaaay better. Yes Man had to be my favorite. I enjoyed the side quests alot more too. There was a lot of side story that was interesting (try vault 11) and I had alot of fun with the new weaponary. However, there were bugs up the arse which is a very uncomforatable place for them.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
T0RD said:
I love it!

By the way: How many are playing Hardcore mode?
I do, and it adds a degree of difficulty and immersion which I really enjoy.
I'm playing Hardcore, and since I've already beaten it once, I'm playing it with a mod to make it EVEN MORE HARDCORE. That's just how hardcore I am. ;)
Seriously, I'm impressed how many mods are already out there for this game. A few of them are even good, which is rare for early mods.

Sacul

Sep 27, 2009
I'm on my third playthrough and I still have a incredible amount of stuff I've never done. I love this game. I think I've already played it more then Fallout 3, I'm close though if I haven't. The story and dialog in general are great and there is a large variety of weapons. Plus the unique weapons in New Vegas actually look at least a little different from the ones in Fallout 3 which I like.

I'm currently doing a Unarmed playthrough using Pushy until I can find a Ballistic Fist :)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I loved it!

Beaten it a couple of times and am working on an evil campaign before I try on Hardcore.

I'm surprised it's got so many more hate/complaint threads than Fable 3 but then, I think Fable 3 avoided such ire by having such low expectations from the beginning.