Poll: War is peace we can belive in.

siege_1302

Jul 17, 2008
The thing is, you can't rag on Obama for getting the prize. After all, it wasn't him that awarded it. He even said it was ridiculous.
Maybe it's to stop him from going to war with Iran. I mean, a guy with the Nobel Peace Prize can't declare war. It'd be...embarrassing.

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
Bourne said:
MaxTheReaper said:
I still don't fucking know what he got one for.
Ditto, anyone care to explain that one?
Can you guys let me know if you get some sort of reasonable answer because I'm stuck on that one aswell...

It's a popularity contest at the end of the day.

Robo-Penguin

Oct 8, 2009
siege_1302 said:
The thing is, you can't rag on Obama for getting the prize. After all, it wasn't him that awarded it. He even said it was ridiculous.
Maybe it's to stop him from going to war with Iran. I mean, a guy with the Nobel Peace Prize can't declare war. It'd be...embarrassing.
Yasir Arafat gone one and he was a Hamas terrorist, don't think it was meant to be a deterrent for war...

Resistance205

Jun 3, 2008
Bourne said:
My theory and I mean absolutely no offense by this, I just couldn't pass on the joke.

Secretary: Mr. President sir, you have been awarded the Nobel prize
Obama: The fuck?
*Long silence to determine why*
Peter Griffin: Cause you're black!
*Longer more awkward pause*
Secretary: ... he could be on to something there.

Yeah I am in one of those random moods I have.
Hell yes, that gets my vote. That and not being Bush.

I think the official reason is because he is trying to get rid of all the nuclear weapons in the world, and settle disputes.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
CptPanda29 said:
"Impoving international diplomacy" Correct me if i'm wrong but that's his job isn't it?
No, his job is to run the USA. As Bush adequately showed, international diplomacy and mutual respect with other nations is entirely optional.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
He probably got it because most norwegians (myself included) really, REALLY hate republicans.
That being said, I don't think he deserves it yet.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
TeaBaggin said:
MaxTheReaper said:
I still don't fucking know what he got one for.
for not being bush
As odd as it sounds, it's pretty much this.

It's a joke he got it, but all they are saying by it is that the democrats are right, the republicans are not.
I agree with them, but way to depreciate the value of the nobel prize all the same.

siege_1302

Jul 17, 2008
Robo-Penguin said:
siege_1302 said:
Yasir Arafat gone one and he was a Hamas terrorist, don't think it was meant to be a deterrent for war...
True enough. Maybe the council that awards the thing is smoking something. Or maybe it is intended as a deterrent just not one that Yasir Arafat paid any attention to. Like you said, he was a Hamas terrorist/freedom fighter [delete whichever is inappropriate], and they don't pay attention to a LOT of things Obama does.