Poll: Warrior, Mage or Rogue?

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Warrior, I can never be bothered to prat around as a mage, especially in games like Oblivion where the menu system is awful and you have to select things a spell at a time. Most of your opponent swill use melee as you have to anyway.
Stealth is normally badly done in most RPG's, so I normally steer clear of Rogue as well

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I'm usually either a mage or a warrior, depending on the difficulty of the game. If I expect a lot of close range fighting and need defense, I'll go with warrior. But if the mage's are powerful enough, I'll usually stick with one of those the first time through.

For example, first time I played Dragon Age I took a warrior class so I could learn the game. I was just playing on a friends' 360. When I got it for myself, I took a mage (mostly for the Walking Bomb ability. So much fun)

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
Warrior. Its fun to be able to charge through a group of enemies and cut them down and still be armored enough to survive. Although flinging fire balls is kinda fun too.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
The sneaky rougue assassins are my type of fun. I still get that warm and fuzzy feeling when I sneak behing enemy lines and stabing them all in the back one by one.

Nin9Worlds

Jun 7, 2010
Warrior as i love the heavy gear, big swords and shields.

Too bad most of the time, the warrior class tends to be inferior in PvP and harder to level up on PvE.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Either Mage or Rouge for me. Its all about the play styles.

Mage - Glass Cannon. Focus on dealing damage via elemental weaknesses and not getting hit yourself. Sometimes are allowed AoE attacks that destroy an entire mob instantly.

Rouge - Sneaking is fun. It takes effort, and often your foes never see their death coming.

Warrior - Run at your foe and hit the attack button. Boring.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Nothing is totall awesome like a warrior going Blitzkrieg angref on you enemys whith a big motherf***ing axe is AWESOME! Take that as a "I pick the warrior"

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
I always play rogue or something similar. Have no blinking idea why, I just do.

In real life I'm more the warrior type, but in games I always always always go for stealth... except shooting games where it's pretty much all guns blazing.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Warrior. I will always be the giant truck that walks like a man, swinging a sword that will surely attract freudian remarks (To which I will say it's just advertising) and shooting fireballs that will burn you to the ground as I laugh at your puny attempts to put out the flames.
craddoke said:
Rogue - here's why:
1. Warriors are great fighters, but that's about it. Trap? Locked iron door? Out of luck.
2. Mages are great in terms of sheer spectacle, but growing up with AD&D 1E I can't help but think of them as walking corpses prior to 6th level (when they get 3rd level spells - i.e., fireball).
3. Rogues are the utility infielders of role-playing. They can kind-of do anything at least sort-of.
Iron door? cut it down. Trap? jump over it with muscles the size of oil drums or cut it down. Mage in the way? Cut it down.
Monster?
You guessed it.
Give it flowers.
[HEADING=1]AND THEN CUT IT DOWN!!![/HEADING]

[sup]weren't expecting that one, were you?[/sup]

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
1st play through=Rogue
2nd playthrough=Battle Mage

Though in oblivion I found the battle mage better at fighting but the rogue was more fun to play with

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
Rewold said:
I don't like warriors, I don't like rogues, I don't like mages. What I would like though is something between warrior and rogue. Weird?
Same. I like the idea of using a sword/bow with speed and dexterity, not stomping around it heavy armour with a huge weapon. However picking locks/removing traps/thievery dont really appeal either. But i voted rogue because it fits that mold better than warrior.

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Warrior or Mage for me.

Warrior as a last resort.
Mage if I can be psychic of sorts.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Depends on the mechanics of the game.

The Warrior dude usually tends to be the shallowest, with least fun abilities.

Otherwise, I don't mind either archetype. Rogues, Mages, Warriors, and everything else are all good for me.