Poll: Wasting Money

MaoExE

Jun 3, 2011
So Escapists, currently I'm in a debate with someone on whether I wasted money on buying a PS3 or not. I already own a 360 and a Wii, but on Black Friday it was only 199$ AND it came with Little Big Planet 2 / Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.

Do you guys believe it's a waste to buy multiple game systems?

For discussion value, speak your stance on "Wasting" money on games, or anything your soul desires.

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
I don't think that's a waste at all. You get the widest range of games possible for your money.

As for me, however, I don't often buy games, except used. I'm a poor college student with needs to be met.

MaoExE

Jun 3, 2011
MorsePacific said:
I don't think that's a waste at all. You get the widest range of games possible for your money.

As for me, however, I don't often buy games, except used. I'm a poor college student with needs to be met.
I rarely buy games, but if you could tell my avatar I love Disgaea. And it's the biggest / longest grindfest ever. That alone is guaranteed to give me 500+ hrs on my new console, but apparently it's still a waste.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
If you play them both, it's not a waste. I'm guilty of wasting money on games as well. Before I got my own PS3 I got a few games for my dad's 360, and now I want to rebuy half of them for the PS3. Also it was Disgaea that made me buy a PS3, that is a great series and makes it worth it by itself.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Not really. I own a 360 and a PS3 myself and it's great to be able to play all the exclusives you want to.
If I could turn back time however I wouldn't have bought the 360 in the first place. Hardly touched it since I got my PS3 over two years ago. >.<

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
If you'll get enough enjoyment out of it, then no its not a waste. But if your going to play it for two days then put it up on a shelf to gather dust, then yes. This goes for everything in my opinion. But now the playstation fanboy in me is saying you made the right choice.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
It's not a waste, if there's PS3 exclusive games and you have the money you're willing to part with, go for it. I personally wouldn't, though that's due to my own paranoia that the PS4 and Xbox *insert name/degree number* will be out soon.

Also why I didn't buy a Wii, since the Wii U will be out in, what, a few months/year tops?

Rhade Adama

Mar 17, 2010
Honestly the only person who can say whether or not it is a waste money is you. I have all three systems (Wii, 360, and PS3) and the only system I can say was a waste of money for me so far was the Wii by a landslide (I only really wanted to play Twilight Princess, but already owned in on Gamecube, and now Skyward Sword). I much prefer my PS3 due to the fact it can play Blu-Rays and almost all the games I prefer to play are all available on it.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Depends, if it's only on the shelf doing nothing then yes.
You buy 4 games a year to it and enjoy those games, no!

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
If you don't take advantage of exclusives, then yeah, there are better ways to spend that money. In your case, however, it's clear that you're interested in what the PS3 has to offer. So, money well-spent. No shortage of decent Japanese games on that system (i.e. Demon's Souls, Catherine, Disgaea 3/4, etc.). Also, Mass Effect 2 with all of the DLC. Can't go wrong.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
It's really about your preferences and how much games you buy. I tend to be very conservative when it comes to buying games (2011 certainly was a strange year..) So I don't buy more than 1 console per generation.

Also, xbox never put out exclusives that I care about, so the choice was rather easy. I've played enough of my roommate's Halo games and Gears of War to know that its not for me.

But if you feel disappointed about the consoles that you own, then go for it. Its a great time to buy PS3.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I don't think it's a waste, provided there's games for each system you want to play. Luckily we have all three consoles in our house we can have all the exclusives we want and then just choose the platform we want the multi-platform games on.

Indeterminacy

Feb 13, 2011
The advantage of the PS3 is it's a blu-ray player. If you don't already have one of those, then no, it wasn't a waste.

Otherwise, yeah, maybe.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
MaoExE said:
So Escapists, currently I'm in a debate with someone on whether I wasted money on buying a PS3 or not. I already own a 360 and a Wii, but on Black Friday it was only 199$ AND it came with Little Big Planet 2 / Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.

Do you guys believe it's a waste to buy multiple game systems?

For discussion value, speak your stance on "Wasting" money on games, or anything your soul desires.
Whether money is wasted is all up to you. If you buy a PS3 and use it than it's not wasted, if you don't even get it out of the packaging well obviously it is a waste. I mean for some people who never drive a car buying one would be a waste while for others who'd use it everyday it's a good purchase.

PS: A PS3 can't be a waste since MGS4 is PS3 exclusive :p (fanboyism to the rescue)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Depends, what's your job or how much money do you earn? Also are you in debt in anyway?
I feel you can justify your spending as long you got the right earning for it most of the time.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
If you use it and get enjoyment out of it, it is not a waste. If you bought it only to completely neglect it in favour of your other consoles, it is a waste. Simple.
Vicarious Reality said:
Yes it's a waste since a good pc can do everything those systems can and more.
They can't provide the authentic console experience.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
It's really not my decision to make. And besides 'waste' is dependant on how much money you have. If you really want to and you can afford it, fill your boots.