Poll: Watch Dogs Good vs. Evil all games Included

Showharu

Jun 20, 2013
With Watch Dogs around the corner I want to know What will you be who will you Chose FIRST. The Hero to all or A Open Gash ON the Back end of the law?

I love having the choice to be the Hero or Villain in any game. Helping the Weak or Slaughtering all as you let the bodys hit the floor.

In all games I play villain because I feel in most polls they will be the least played in any Game. Careful and considerate is not in my nature if you ran in front of my car well... Hope you kissed your family goodbye.=) in video games of course.

This poll will surely Confirm that Villain might be the least played first in games. Please no both!! If you were asked I'll grant you the power Of all that is pure and you must use it to Help man kind or I'll Grant you all that is evil and the World is your playground. What will you choose.

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
when it comes to games I am an evil bastard at heart. Hell my profile says it all look at my badges. I will burn the orphanage down and laugh as they run out screaming. If any survive I teach it how to kill and be my apprentice to continue the line of evil. That's just how I role in games.

captcha: brand lift screw you captcha I'll be a sith lord if I damn well please.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Go good, but the old school 'brutally smiting evil with fire' route instead of the wishiy-washy never kill that infests good these days.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I will make it my goal to destroy what evils I can, though that does not mean I won't be evil myself. I'll essentially go the subtle but deadly and psychopathic route. I'll never kill or cause destruction if I don't have to. But, if I do have to... Oh, the horror and amusement.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Most of the time, the choice of good or evil is pretty lame and mostly comes down to "be a dick/don't be a dick." If I can actually be evil Watch Dogs, I probably would. The idea of hacking everything as an amoral scumbag is appealing.

In general, my first playthrough is usually good, but not always. Sometimes it's just fun to be the bad guy, and some games lend themselves to that.

Showharu

Jun 20, 2013
The funny thing about this conversation lets say in dayz Bandits are everywhere.I find it funny people go with good most of the time in games but in game such as this so much evil everywhere. Or is it that forum People are the goodys and the evils are the brutes the ones who go *sit the F**k Down* *noob* and other nasty names

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
I tend to play on the side of good most of the time. I like helping people. No complex reasoning; doing good just feels good.
Sometimes I'll replay the game as a villain, but that's somewhat rare.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I tend to play good in the majority of the games and if the game is worth replaying I will make another playthrough and play evil (best game that I can remember that I did do that was Mass Effect trilogy).

I will probably play Watch Dogs as a good/rebel`y vigilante (which is kinda of a paradox but yeah).

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Evil always evil. Sometimes i wish i could be evil in real life, but i could never bring myself to harm someone , hell i can't even effectively hurt someones feelings. So give me the opportunity to be bad in a videogame and i'll tAke it, and enjoy every moment of it.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I tend to make my moral choices, ideally based off what I would do.

Zachary Amaranth said:
Most of the time, the choice of good or evil is pretty lame and mostly comes down to "be a dick/don't be a dick." If I can actually be evil Watch Dogs, I probably would. The idea of hacking everything as an amoral scumbag is appealing.

In general, my first playthrough is usually good, but not always. Sometimes it's just fun to be the bad guy, and some games lend themselves to that.
This. And I hate games that do it like that, because then I don't feel evil I feel just that I'm making the easy choices.

Infamous was the worst offender of this, where usually the dick path meant being lazier. So when games do this, I tend to just play the villian, because trying to be good on the next playthrough usually has more content.

Done right is a game like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, those pre-rendered execution scenes you can do on ANYONE where just awesome, and I --discovered this when I attempted it on Jensen's Girlfriend's mother. At that point, I decided Jensen's augmentations had made him a sociopathic serial killer. So a couple of minutes later when I asked for a quest item from some guy, friendly, and he said he couldn't until I did X chore for him.... well he lost his head, and I collected my quest item and went on my way. It felt organic. I felt like a monster.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
I rarely play an evil character - they usually come off as 2-dimensional sadistic assholes, both uninteresting and unlikable; it doesn't really play into any evil power fantasy I have - if I want that, I go play Hitman or Payday, something where the narrative of the game is designed around that, and it's directed and purposeful crime rather than arbitrary slaughter.

That said, I don't just pick the "Good(TM)" choice every time, I either make up my own mind on what's the right call, or make some morally grey/bad decisions to have some fun building the character. So I'm gonna have fun with that in Watch_Dogs in particular, deciding how much to play vigilante, and who to.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
SaneAmongInsane said:
This. And I hate games that do it like that, because then I don't feel evil I feel just that I'm making the easy choices.

Infamous was the worst offender of this, where usually the dick path meant being lazier. So when games do this, I tend to just play the villian, because trying to be good on the next playthrough usually has more content.
The height of Cole's evil is not putting on a new pot when he uses the last of the coffee. Evil, I tell you.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
In games that give me the choice of hero/villain (let's forget that the way that system is implemented is stupid in most games) my first playthrough is ALWAYS as much role-play as I can do. I decide on a situation-by-situation basis, taking in account my mood in the moment, context of the decision, etc... So it is never "pure good" or "pure evil" for me (not really interested in ability min-maxing that usually (incorrectly) goes with the morality systems).
I usually get the "good endings", so my second playthrough tends to be very evil, just to see the bad ending, and also because being a murdering psychopath is so much more fun in every and any game that I know.

(Maybe except Prototype 2, where I've learned that just gently and stealthily poking the situation for one side or another and watching the result is pretty fun - ever tried to impersonate blackwatch guarding a base gates in front of which there's a protesting crowd, shooting one of the protesters, and watch the others run away, and the rest of guards confusedly looking at you like "WTF was that...?". Which makes me realize - so far I never tried to be a civilian agressor in this scenario, gotta do that...)

Blaze the Dragon

Jan 8, 2010
I'm going to probably play how I would play it. Obviously that means that I don't know exactly what I'll do until I play the game, but chances are I'll generally be good and try to avoid killing civilians at all costs. And I'll be batman when it comes to saving random civilians from crimes. And during missions I love being a ninja and never being caught, so I'll probably be building stealth.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Most games I'm usually on the good side but I sometimes really fuck shit up if I feel like it. In Fallout 3 I was basically Jesus then nuked the Brotherhood Citadel at the end of Broken Steel.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
In the first playthrough of the game I will usually try and go for the good karma path, just to get that out of the way, then on the second playthrough I will go for the bad karma options, as it is always more fun playing the bad guy in my experience.

Showharu

Jun 20, 2013
SaneAmongInsane said:
I tend to make my moral choices, ideally based off what I would do.

Zachary Amaranth said:

Done right is a game like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, those pre-rendered execution scenes you can do on ANYONE where just awesome, and I --discovered this when I attempted it on Jensen's Girlfriend's mother. At that point, I decided Jensen's augmentations had made him a sociopathic serial killer. So a couple of minutes later when I asked for a quest item from some guy, friendly, and he said he couldn't until I did X chore for him.... well he lost his head, and I collected my quest item and went on my way. It felt organic. I felt like a monster.
I love The Infamous games and i like having 2 paths. I feel like everyone else i heard you get more out of it. yes little changes but at least you experience a whole other side. and i dont see anymore content from the good side then evil. Different outcomes. Rather than me in AC. Where its like ok 1 play through i dont really feel like going through that again. Nothing changes. and Back to hunting collectibles. So after 1 playthough i wonder around kill some enemys and then im ready to get rid of the game cause nothing else for me to do.

Kricketz

Apr 25, 2014
My first play through in these types of games is generally a mix of both. Sort of a gut reaction with no regrets. Feels more organic that way. Then go either good/evil on my second/third play through in no particular order. However with Watch Dogs, since there is only one ending, I'll probably only do a second play through just to wreck shit and cause all sorts of evil shenanigans.