Poll: Water is drowning! Which do you save?

3quency

Jun 12, 2009
I saved the Hydrogen parts because H is a better letter than O.

THE BEST REASONING.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Clearly the answer is oxygen, so you have something to breathe while you're drowning trying to save water from drowning.

Mr F. said:
Huh, I just found out that if you vote AFTER writing a response but PRIOR to pressing post, your response is deleted by the gods of the internet. Interesting.

That said, I believe that there are currently more "Joke" threads taking the piss out of this current trend in threads than actual "Drowning" threads. And this one is not as funny as the one that got almost immediately locked.

On topic: Bacon.
I thought it was just that one thread that was really serious about it.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
dvd_72 said:
Hydrogen! Do you want the stars to starve?!
Yea! Cus if the stars died, Brian Cox would be sad!

Do you?

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Gatx said:
Clearly the answer is oxygen, so you have something to breathe while you're drowning trying to save water from drowning.

Mr F. said:
Huh, I just found out that if you vote AFTER writing a response but PRIOR to pressing post, your response is deleted by the gods of the internet. Interesting.

That said, I believe that there are currently more "Joke" threads taking the piss out of this current trend in threads than actual "Drowning" threads. And this one is not as funny as the one that got almost immediately locked.

I thought it was just that one thread that was really serious about it.
Hmmm, If I am totally honest I have been ignoring them as they crop up throughout the day. I automatically started treating them all as jokes based off the original (what I thought to be) two srsface threads.

That said, at least this trend has some weak humour. Unlike the other trends that have so blighted this website before ("Why ME3's ending is about as bad as being raped with a broken wine bottle made out of hatred that is being wielded by the undead corpse of hitler" "Sexing anyone who has taken anything that is even partially intoxicating, from paracetemol upwards, is rape: Discuss", "We are all genii, seriously, we are super smart" "Are we all mental/asexual/depressed" "Why we have lost our faith in humanity this week") this one does not even try to take itself seriously.

Although I still hold that bacon.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Mr F. said:

DUH! IS that because you're a MRF that you didn't know that!
(Arrested Development reference, in case your name isn't already one)

Someone on here recommended a plugin called Lazarus. It saves all your forms automatically. You just right-click on the field you wish to type in, and it will give you the options to revive your lost post.

OT: I'd want to save Gyarados, because he's a lot cooler than water ever will be, but that would be like trying to save a fish from drowning, completely pointless. I'm going to go with Hydrogen, because I could use it to float and BURN THINGS!!!!

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Signa said:
Mr F. said:

Someone on here recommended a plugin called Lazarus. It saves all your forms automatically. You just right-click on the field you wish to type in, and it will give you the options to revive your lost post.

OT: I'd want to save Gyarados, because he's a lot cooler than water ever will be, but that would be like trying to save a fish from drowning, completely pointless. I'm going to go with Hydrogen, because I could use it to float and BURN THINGS!!!!
Meh, I am totally cool with re-writing a post. Cba downloading anything (On shitty O2 3G bullshit network with a limit of 3gb of data a month). I mean, on srsface things with a poll I vote then I write, its a pretty unique occurance that I don't.

Plus I am super paranoid. I flipped so much shit when I realised that Steam saves all my account data and any moron who stole my laptop (Ok, stealing my laptop would be pretty hard, what with it always being within a foot of my current location) could buy a bunch of crap and gift it to themselves (Although I have insurance so that would not really burn me that hard).

What was I saying?

Ah yes.

Bacon is still the only response worth anything. Because bacon.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009

I'm pretty sure we're doomed since I don't know what kind of water to save...although I was wondering when the 'drowning' things threads would reach this singularity. So many drowning thread over the past four days...

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Mr F. said:
Signa said:
Mr F. said:

Meh, I am totally cool with re-writing a post. Cba downloading anything (On shitty O2 3G bullshit network with a limit of 3gb of data a month). I mean, on srsface things with a poll I vote then I write, its a pretty unique occurance that I don't.

Plus I am super paranoid. I flipped so much shit when I realised that Steam saves all my account data and any moron who stole my laptop (Ok, stealing my laptop would be pretty hard, what with it always being within a foot of my current location) could buy a bunch of crap and gift it to themselves (Although I have insurance so that would not really burn me that hard).

What was I saying?

Ah yes.

Ah, I just assumed you were using a PC-based browser. Silly me, it's 2012.

As for Steam, you can just log into it on any other PC and then reset access for all other PCs with Steam Guard. As long as they don't have access to your email (a password you should change if you do get your stuff stolen) you can keep them from ever even seeing your library.

And yes, bacon. Damn I'm hungry. It's noon now, time for lunch.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Signa said:
Mr F. said:
Signa said:
Mr F. said:

What was I saying?

Ah yes.

As for Steam, you can just log into it on any other PC and then reset access for all other PCs with Steam Guard. As long as they don't have access to your email (a password you should change if you do get your stuff stolen) you can keep them from ever even seeing your library.

Aha, there you are wrong. Your original assumption was correct. I AM on a laptop, I am just living in the house where I grew up in more then a decade ago and whilst it is being done up I do not have real internet, just a shitty dongle from O2. Amusingly enough, my data limits are better on my phone then on my laptop, I just really cannot be bothered trying to browse on my phone.

EDIT: Forgot to add Bacon. Gotta stay on topic. Bacon.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I lost my faith in water long ago, so I'll choose Gyarados.

Plus, what's to say that water wasn't part of a tsunami that killed millions? How many millions has Gyarados killed?

I rest my case.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I'm loving these threads. I wonder if the guy who started the first drowning poll is smoldering or amused.

OT:

Fresh water. You can't drink salt water. Save all the oxygen but not the hydrogen or vice versa and you've got yourself a bomb either way. And you can't drink either.

Gyarados? Grrrrr! All Pokemon must die!!!!

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Fuck you. All of you! Think of what Oxygen has done for us. You make me physically sick. I vomited all over my laptop. It's dripping on my fingers as I type this and it's ALL. YOUR. FAULT.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Mr F. said:
Signa said:
Mr F. said:
Signa said:
Mr F. said:

What was I saying?

Ah yes.

Aha, there you are wrong. Your original assumption was correct. I AM on a laptop, I am just living in the house where I grew up in more then a decade ago and whilst it is being done up I do not have real internet, just a shitty dongle from O2. Amusingly enough, my data limits are better on my phone then on my laptop, I just really cannot be bothered trying to browse on my phone.

Ah, ok, O2 is a service, not a tech I've not heard of. 3G, O2, they sound the same to the uninitiated. 'round these parts they call that service "Clearwire" Maybe O2 is here too and I've never heard of it, but like Q-tips and Kleenex, I'm just used to hearing that brand name describe a certain product.

Yes, moar bacon.

PS: Lazarus: Form Recovery is only 246KB.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Signa said:
Mr F. said:
Signa said:
Mr F. said:
Signa said:
Mr F. said:

What was I saying?

Ah yes.

Ah, ok, O2 is a service, not a tech I've not heard of. 3G, O2, they sound the same to the uninitiated. 'round these parts they call that service "Clearwire" Maybe O2 is here too and I've never heard of it, but like Q-tips and Kleenex, I'm just used to hearing that brand name describe a certain product.

Yes, moar bacon.

PS: Lazarus: Form Recovery is only 246KB.
Might be tiny, true, but again, the fear of someone finding my computer and being able to recover soemthign I have written with ease, even if it as innocuous as "Random shit followed by the word Bacon" worries me.

And O2 is a mobile service provider. A dongle is a thing to attach to your computer to give it 3g internet. I doubt it is in the states. I hear you are fond of shitty mobile providers that cost too much and dont work but I am still inclined to think that O2 is too shit even for the states.

Even more bacon.

Crimson Lucario

Aug 14, 2012
Save Gyarados! All hail magikarp and it's mighty evolution.

I love these drowning threads and their extra nonsensical options.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
Fuck saltwater, that shit's everywhere. And Gyrados is a big boy, he can take care of himself. The obvious choice here would be freshwater. I am morally offended that Gyrados has even one vote, much less second place. You people are monsters.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Mr F. said:
And O2 is a mobile service provider. A dongle is a thing to attach to your computer to give it 3g internet. I doubt it is in the states. I hear you are fond of shitty mobile providers that cost too much and dont work but I am still inclined to think that O2 is too shit even for the states.

Even more bacon.
Clearwire certainly isn't looked at fondly around here. It's what you do if you're on the go A LOT, or have no broadband option where you live.

and yeah, I'm certainly not fond of how many people give permission to the cell companies to rape them up the ass for service every month. I have fiber with a 20MBS up and down speed (some of the best we get around here that isn't business-level) and the amount we pay per month is about what an average cell phone user spends every month on their 3G service.