Poll: Weather and Mood

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
Today is the first official nice day we've had in our area. It's the first day that really feels like Spring and it feels AWESOME. I feel happy, motivated, energetic. So I got to thinking... How much does the weather impact my mood and the mood of others?

I know I loath winter because for 4 months straight the only colors as far as the eye can see are black, white, and a little mud brown. If it weren't for that bright spot of Christmas it would be 4 months of soul crushing monochrome despair. As Lewis Black once put it "Every day it just gets grayer and grayer. Then one day you think it's the grayest day ever. Then the next day... it's even grayer!! At some point I start to think I should slit my wrists just to see color!"

Rainy weather makes me feel relaxed and sleepy. Sunny weather makes me feel motivated and energetic. Snow makes me feel "Why the hell don't I live further South??" Snow is completely depressing to me.

(Off topic, I LOVE Christmas. The decorations, the music, the cheesy movies. By July I'm in Christmas withdrawals)

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
A lot but usually completely in reverse compared to other people. Sun makes me moody, irritated and annoyed. Rain, cold and gloominess perk me up instantly. I love winter and snow but hate Christmas so December is a so so month.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Moderately for me. When it's cold, raining, and windy it's not fun going outside. I don't mind snow but recently I've been getting tired of it. I don't like rain because I live near Seattle which means we get rain like every other day.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
darth.pixie said:
A lot but usually completely in reverse compared to other people. Sun makes me moody, irritated and annoyed. Rain, cold and gloominess perk me up instantly. I love winter and snow but hate Christmas so December is a so so month.
This. I like rain and snow except for when I have to go out in it.

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
I used to get very depressed in the summer time. Yes, you read correctly.

I used to hate daylight, and I still don't like heat.

Spring is just rolling around, though, and I'm feeling good about it. Maybe I won't mind the summer weather.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Sunny: Enables me to complain how it doesn't show up often enough.
Rain: Enables me to complain about it raining all the time.
Snow: Enables me to complain how I used to like it now I hate it because we're getting it so often!
Cloudy: Enables me to complain about how likely it is to rain.
Hail: Enables me to complain about it hurting.

So, in the end the weather makes me happy that I have something to complain about:D

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm always happier when it snows. But that's the only time it makes a difference, I don't care if it's sunny or rains. What do people have against rain anyway??

Archeopterix

Jun 28, 2004
I have broken sinus bones from an accident so whenever the barometer drops abrubtly I get these killer headaches. Bleah.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
What is "weather"? Does it taste good?
It sounds like it tastes good.

Anyway, I am pretty consistently miserable. I hate the sun, the rain, the heat and the cold. Snow has too much ice, wind is irritating and will always enable your hair to attack your face, whipping itself into knots so as to better lash the lenses from your eyeballs, and cloudy, windless days make everything dreary.

The weather is like a fucking goldmine of bitching to me.

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
Monkfish Acc. said:
What is "weather"? Does it taste good?
It sounds like it tastes good.

Anyway, I am pretty consistently miserable. I hate the sun, the rain, the heat and the cold. Snow has too much ice, wind is irritating and will always enable your hair to attack your face, whipping itself into knots so as to better lash the lenses from your eyeballs, and cloudy, windless days make everything dreary.

The weather is like a fucking goldmine of bitching to me.
I love it when it's windy, personally. I love the feel of wind and I shave my head so there's no hair attacking my face.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
It certainly does, but does not at all necessarily work in the sunny=happy, rainy=sad kind of way.

Still about a fucking meter of snow. I'm sick of it. The temperature has been close to 0C though, so it's getting a lot warmer, and the sun has been shining slightly more in recent days though.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Darkauthor81 said:
I love it when it's windy, personally. I love the feel of wind and I shave my head so there's no hair attacking my face.
Even if you don't have hair, it pushes against you. Which always exacerbates the sneaky hate spiral that happens every day for me.

And then you end up raging impotently at the forces of nature, denied anything to properly blame it on, and just make a big idiot of yourself until some dude drags you away for scaring nearby children.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
It doesn't really effect my mood all that much... Unless I have to go outside. Having crappy weather (i.e. too cold, too hot, rainy) when I have to go outside gets me pissed sometimes.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
S.A.D(Seasonal Affective Disorder) A lot of people have it, and it causes clinical(monopolar) depression during the colder or more bleak months of winter.

Personally I like the winter until about February, and then it starts making me really tired of seeing snow everywhere. I'm going to be extremely happy when I can walk outside with a t-shirt on and not worry about getting wet or cold.

For me it's like this:

Spring: It sucks, it's wet and not quite warm enough. The worst season.

Summer:Great, warm, dry. Sometimes too hot, but usually fine.

Fall: Great! My favourite season. Not too cold or too hot, everything looks and smells nice.

Winter: Nice for a few months, everything looks beautiful... but it's cold and snow starts to get in the way.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
I tend to complain about excessive sunniness and heat (esp. when coupled with humidity).

Give me an overcast (or at least mostly cloudy) cold (or at least cool) day, and I'm fine and happy.

The sun hurts my eyes and contributes to migraines. And I simply don't tolerate heat very well.