Poll: Were you bullied as a child?

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
This morning ,as I got hit in the head by a half full coke can throw from the 3rd floor of my school, I was thinking:'I wonder if there are more people who know this feeling?'

So what side were you on the bully factor? Do you have funny bully storys? Share them with us!

Danglybits

Oct 31, 2008
I was both bullied (not exclusively), and sometimes a bit of one myself. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it though.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Bullied and was a bully. I was about mid-to-low in the school social spectrum.

Fortunately our school had a particularly large group of 'outsiders' that insulated them from the worst of anything. Its much harder to rip on the GW/RPG kids when they make up about 15-20% of the year (when taking into account reformed players).

There were a few down the very bottom of the social scale that everyone ripped on.

It was very really physically violent (at least not very often).

VaioStreams

May 7, 2008
I was once in a while but when the bully, bullied me. i bullied them back so it struck a balance and most kids just left me alone. all be i've been out of HS for 7 years so things might have changed a little. i dunno

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
12 years old to 15 years old I got bullied because I speak dutch and in my school there were a lot of french hooligans. Yes I was no stranger to the phrase:'fils d'une pute' (son of a whore in french).

16-18 I changed school and I crushed people who wanted to bully me from the first moment. That's pretty much how you got to deal with them. The first time they try to bully you, you need to act back. If they throw a can of coke at you. Pour an entire bottle into there locker or backpack. They laugh because you come with the bus instead of a car? Key the car... It's not hard. Just destroy their belongings and they'll stop.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Nah I've always been the "Make love not war" or else I'll bash your teeth out kind of guy. My best anti bully experience was when the teacher was out and some idiot was throwing marbles at the back of my head... after the 6th or so marble, I stood up and picked the guy up the neck about 1 foot off the ground... I seriously had no idea what I was doing at the time, but I didn't have anyone picking on me after that "incident"...

savandicus

Jun 5, 2008
When i was younger there was a guy who'd been a complete to me and generally just getting on my nerves doing things like hitting me on the head (not perticualrry hard) and other things to get on my nerves.

Then one day as i'm walking down one of the walk ways between 2 of the larger buildings i see him with a can of coke walking towards me and look at him my eyes saying 'Dont you dare get my wet with that' and his eyes looking back saying 'I'm totally going to get you wet with this'. We get pretty close and sure enough he moves the can quickly throwing some of the contents onto me at which point i promptly throw him onto the floor and walk off.

By the time i'm at the other end of the walk way he's got up and yells something which i forget and i continue to walk off. He never did anything more after that, probably because he realised that i could've done some serious damage to him while he was on the floor if i hadnt walked off.

Blake_iCE

Jan 5, 2009
Haha, i remember in year 6 ( i had been bullied all through primary school, my parents told me not to hit back because it would make me the better person etc) this guy was trying to hit me with his ruler, i grabbed it, broke it over his head and punched him in the face. needless to say i wasnt bullied throughout high school, because i showed basicly the toughest kid in our school that i wasnt going to take his shit.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
johnx61 said:
Children are evil.
Seconded.
Teenagers who are still mentally chilren are the worst.

I'm one of those people who just can't deal with bullies. I just take the abuse, storing all my rage into a huge melting pot, which explodes violently from time to time.

Thankfully I've moved on from that crap, I'm at university now and for once in my life, all of my peers are (reasonably) mature and considerate people.

How I used to hate the people at school though...so many painful memories, so many "I should have...to that prick back then".

Adam Jenson

Dec 23, 2008
I had bullies for a while but a quick wit and a few well placed punches took care of them. I was actually a member of the school's anti bullying committee later in my scholastic career.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
My Dad used to be bullied as a kid, he was a particularly good student and this was working class Coventry in the 60s.

One day he'd had enough and punched one of the people bullying him in the face, breaking his nose. The teachers absolutely refused to believe that my Dad was either capable or inclined to do such a thing. After that the bullies stopped, realising that whilst they could get in trouble very easily my Dad essentially had immunity from anything he did in return.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I was a scary loner, not the obvious victim, but only one when my existance was made aware to the bullies.

And girls are more verbal bullies, usually I just walked away like-mah-mamma-said. Didn't hurt less of course but I grew indifferent to it eventually. Age 16 put an end to that era when I grew a snake tongue and had a quip for everything thrown at me. And good times were had. By me. Not by them.
They slowly began to realise that their cliques had little meaning and were having meaningless intercourse with immature apes to fufill their broken realities. It was fun. I loved the last bit of school, it was like watching a slow moving train wreck from the comfort of a sofa 100 yards away.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Nobody would dare to bully me.

Nobody! .. I was too sweet and innocent to be bullied. Seriously.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah, in elementary school. Worst years of my life. The younger kids are, the worse they are as far as I'm concerned...

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
I bully people who annoy me and in turn some cool kids try to bully me. But I kind of have a reputation as the school psycho who might end up strangling you if you do, so it doesn't happen that often to me.

Caimekaze

Feb 2, 2008
Mariena said:
Nobody would dare to bully me.

Nobody! .. I was too sweet and innocent to be bullied. Seriously.
Of course you weren't. Have you looked at your avatar? Adorable!

Bullying is interesting when you can black out in rage.

... It stopped when I grew about 4 inches in half a year. And then nearly threw a 4-person table at someone.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
The crap that happened to me should have been illegal. I was physichaly, verbaly and emotionally abused on a constant basis. It's a wonder I'm not more fucked up than I already am. Even the teachers yelled at me because I was constantly asking questions (I remember one that really pissed off my third grade teacher was, "If a giant meteor kille all the dinosaurs, why didn't it kill everything else, too?"). Most of the teachers I had didn't do anything about it, and a couple even encouraged it.

I remember one incident in particular; these guys had been heckling me for some time when one of them walked up to me and said, "You know, I saw your sister the other day. She's hot. I wouldn't mind taking her out for a spin. Y'know, even if she doesn't like it. I could dump her in a dich afterwards."

So I turned around, grabbed him by his shirt, and told him if he ever even thought about that again, I would kill him in the most gruesome way I could think of at the time. Next hour I was called into the office, and told I was suspended for a week becasue of physical agression. I tried to tell them he thretaned to rape and kill my sister, but they didn't care. He wasn't even slapped on the wrist.

Looking back, I'm pretty sure that they wanted me to kill myself. I don't know why they would want me to do that, but I'm sure they did. Why else would they do something like that?

That's not the worst thing I can think of; that's just the thing that sticks out most in my mind, because it's when I realized I was in this by myself. It sucked, by the way.

Apologies for the downer.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
For most of my school life, yes. Being overweight growing up made those days hell. It especially took place during the earlier years of high school although I had numerous run ins in grade school. My problem was mostly credited to my low self esteem and confidence back then, so I did not defend myself. Granted few of the fights I ever was involved in were fair.

I once had a group of ten grade six kids (I was in four) to fight all at once. Needless to say it was not a fight to be won, yet most of the reason they continued was out of pure frustration that I refused to cry and repeatedly got back up. Other fights were three/four on one or sudden sneak attacks from behind.

Nonetheless I changed my personality from then immensely to the extent my confidence has reached heights not thought possible, which is quite amusing when I tell my friends how I use to be seven/eight years back and none to this day seem to believe it was possible. I get complaints more for my arrogance, cockiness and the sarcastic humor that goes with them, go figure. :p

And even took care of the weight to boot. Ah memories, even the bad ones have a positive to them to some degree. Best decision I ever made was cease caring what other people thought of me and letting things get to me. That alone made all the difference.