Poll: What alcohol do you prefer?

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
When I start drinking I usually only have cider, and I only like a couple of different ciders, but once I'm tipsy I'll have almost anything.
Jagermeister is also a personal favourite.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Delsana said:
(INQUIRE... btw).
In the US, mainly. Not so much in other English-speaking nations.
http://www.dailywritingtips.com/inquire-vs-enquire/ [http://www.dailywritingtips.com/inquire-vs-enquire/]

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
I like everything on the list, as long as it has a certain quality. Good Vodga is especially criminaly underrated by many people.

But since I'm not made out of money and can't afford liters of good scotch I stick with beer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOKbhQbvpPA]. Oh god, I love a good german or czech lager.

IAmTheVoid

Apr 26, 2009
DRINK DRINK DRINK YOUR CIDER UP

Cider all the way, mate. Lovely taste, and always gets me in a 'happy drunk' state if I drink too much of it. Never the same with rum and vodka for me.

metacree

Aug 3, 2009
I choose all of them.. all the alcohols.

Though my favorite concoction is a tankard of ale with two shots of a complimentary liquor.

Airhead

May 8, 2008
I'm surprised by the number of peoples who like vodka. I can't stand it personally, even though you'd think it'd taste like mother's milk, considering I come from Eastern Europe and all. I hate the taste of alcohol (by which I mean the specific substance ethanol), but I love drinking. So I choose weaker stuff, where the taste is barely perceptible. So, beer or wine for me.

raklin

Mar 26, 2011
I prefer whiskey on the rocks myself...

Vodka is the one drink i can't bring myself to try, mostly because it's my alcoholic mother's drink of choice. Thinking about drinking it leaves a very unpleasant taste in my mouth because of that :|

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
I don't really drink, though I have something here or there at rare times. (Rare being, once or twice a year.)

With that, the last thing I had was an ale thats brewed in my home state, here in Maine. Shipyard's Blueberry Ale, pretty good.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
It really depends on what I'm planning.

If I need to get drunk,and fast,I take tequila.No lemon,no salt,just straight up tequila.
If I need to get drunk over a longer amount if time,while still socializing,vodka,since it mixes with everything.
If I need to drink for the sole pleasure of the drink itself,a nice cold beer does the work.

Hanzo Hattori

Aug 4, 2009
RaphaelsRedemption said:
I like a nice smooth bourbon, with coke and some ice. I also like Baileys with butterscotch schnapps.

Mmmmm, now I feel like a drink. And it's only 11:00 am!
Wow when I read this I felt like one again, so I took a look on the clock and it was 11:00 am too haha

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
It depends. Generally I start off with a cider (Magners, Blackthorn, Thatchers, Bulmers, Kopperburg etc...usually pear) but I do like myself a lil bit of rum (Morgan's Spiced or Captain Morgan's....you'd be surprised how many bar staff don't know the difference...) and coke, or possibly some JD and coke.

I'm not a huge fan of beer, but I do quite like the more Spanish-y/mainland European ones ones, such as Estrella, Corona or Despardos.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
I used to drink beer. I also used to brew it at home. Then I got into Jameson's Irish Whiskey and haven't gone back since. Since my mother has some Concorde grapes and is done with making jelly, I'll gather them up and ferment them with some added sugar to make wine. Although the wine I make is always drinkable (at least to me), I'm not consistent enough to take pride in making it yet.