Poll: What alcohol do you prefer?

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Rum & coke. didn't even need to think about this one.
I do generally end up drinking beer cause it's cheap.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Swedish pear cider. delicious.

Can't stand the apple version, smell like vomit to me.

OriginalLadders

Sep 29, 2011
Hoplon said:

I'm going to be pedantic here but, there's no such thing as pear cider. The definition of cider is quite specific on the involvement of apples. Perry is the drink made using the same process as cider but with pears instead.

Sorry, it just really bugs me how common "pear cider" is when the term is kind of meaningless.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
OriginalLadders said:
Hoplon said:

I'm going to be pedantic here but, there's no such thing as pear cider. The definition of cider is quite specific on the involvement of apples. Perry is the drink made using the same process as cider but with pears instead.

Sorry, it just really bugs me how common "pear cider" is when the term is kind of meaningless.
I know, but if I had said perry, would have got 10 quotes going "what's perry"

GWarface

Jun 3, 2010
When i get myself to drink alcohol, its usually Vodka..
Got a nice bottle of Rushkij Standard, just wish it was the silver destilled..

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Seeing as to how I'm a brewer and I work nights in a liquor store, I drink pretty much anything.

Don't get me started on beer, because I could go on for days.

As for liquor, Ive been pretty partial to the Labrot and Graham's Woodford Reserve bourbon and the Glenlivet 15 year single malt scotch over the last few evenings. Good stuff. Not cheap, but very good. I love getting all of my booze at cost...or in the case of beer, making it myself and not paying a single cent of the liquor tax.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
sirloganmoore said:
Fbuh said:
MEAD! SERVED CHILLED IN A TANKARD AS I CAVORT WITH WENCHES!
Ohhh yes. And Rum.
Eventually I will combine the two into meadrum, a chemical so wonderful it will mos tlikely send me into a coma from suger overdose.

WhiteandNeardy99

Jun 8, 2010
Cider for me, more specifically Strongbow, more specifically Strongbow in the pub straight out of the pump in an ice cold glass.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
I tend to go with cocktails.

Margaritas
Daiquiris
Things with Amaretto.
Even something like a Cuba Libre

Anyway I tend to favor Tequila and Rum drinks.
But throw in SoCo, Amaretto, Kahluha, Bailey's Irish Cream, Berentzen's Sour Apple or Applekorn...

I'm supertaster, so I can't drink things that are bitter...which means I can't drink beer or very acidic wines.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
WhatIsThisIDontEven said:
Which alcohol do you prefer drinking in general? I prefer vodka. It tatses like shit but I hate the PROCESS of drinking, but the effect is awesome.
Ditto!
I just want to get to sleep, that's the only reason I drink.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
WhatIsThisIDontEven said:
Which alcohol do you prefer drinking in general? I prefer vodka. It tatses like shit but I hate the PROCESS of drinking, but the effect is awesome.

Sorry if there are any typos, I'm a bit drunk. I tried to get them all out.
Well, you have to buy the more expensive vodka, than it doesn't taste like shit.

But judging from your post you are pretty young and just want to get drunk as fast as possible.

Personally I don't drink that much alcohol, I mainly use alcohol for cooking but I can appreciate a good cocktail, beer, wine etc.