Poll: What are your thoughts on Halo 4?

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
I wished they'd moved away from Master Chief and Cortana and maybe explored the universe a bit more. I mean, if you read the books then you'll know there's a bunch of stuff they could have made a game of, for example a game set during the Insurrection would provide some interesting back story to the universe.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Korten12 said:
Also it wasn't advertised anymore then just an updated graphics, co-op, and updated controls (which are like Reach's which are exactly like Halo 3, and 2...)

My friend who played Halo 1 a lot, said hes said Annversary felt exactly the same, which from what I played of one, it did. It felt like I was playing Halo 1.

What...? Wait... WTF? No the multiplayer maps came with the game, and also you can play the Classic modes which make it EXACTLY like Halo 1... Now that is just misinformed...

Also you know why they used Halo Reach's multiplayer. Well Halo Reach was only about a year old when it was released and there was no point in splitting the Halo Reach/3 community anymore by making another Multiplayer.
So the controls are like Halo 2 and 3 and so on but are exactly the same as CE? Do you not see the issue here with that statement?

Also, "you can play it in classic mode"? So...I paid forty bucks to play a game I already own? Yeah. SO worth it.

And no, they didn't add the Reach multi-player because they were afraid of splitting the player base. That's a load of BS. They added it because they didn't want to take the time or effort to add Reach's multi-player AND remake the classic multi-player from CE.

Regardless, 343's first outing after Bungie's departure leaves me wondering if they were founded by the very worst designers from Bungie.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Other than my personal belief that Chief's story should've ended after Halo 3, I'll undoubtedly end up playing it anyway.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Vigormortis said:
Korten12 said:
Also it wasn't advertised anymore then just an updated graphics, co-op, and updated controls (which are like Reach's which are exactly like Halo 3, and 2...)

My friend who played Halo 1 a lot, said hes said Annversary felt exactly the same, which from what I played of one, it did. It felt like I was playing Halo 1.

What...? Wait... WTF? No the multiplayer maps came with the game, and also you can play the Classic modes which make it EXACTLY like Halo 1... Now that is just misinformed...

Also you know why they used Halo Reach's multiplayer. Well Halo Reach was only about a year old when it was released and there was no point in splitting the Halo Reach/3 community anymore by making another Multiplayer.
So the controls are like Halo 2 and 3 and so on but are exactly the same as CE? Do you not see the issue here with that statement?

Also, "you can play it in classic mode"? So...I paid forty bucks to play a game I already own? Yeah. SO worth it.

And no, they didn't add the Reach multi-player because they were afraid of splitting the player base. That's a load of BS. They added it because they didn't want to take the time or effort to add Reach's multi-player AND remake the classic multi-player from CE.

Regardless, 343's first outing after Bungie's departure leaves me wondering if they were founded by the very worst designers from Bungie.
I didn't mean Halo 1, but I heard Halo 1's controls (idk what they where as I played the PC version) were really ackward.

Classic Mode, I mean a mode in the multiplayer that makes it play like Halo 1.

Also if you already own it and are fine with that. Why the fuck did you buy Anniversary? Did you except a whole new take on Halo 1? Well it wasn't supposed to be that, they never stated it to be like that. In fact, they actually stated that it was also made to help a new generation of gamers introduced into the Halo universe before Halo 4, so it wasn't made nessarly for fans of the original.

Lastly, if they made a mode in Halo Reach's multiplayer that makes your speed like Halo 1, has all the weapons of Halo 1 with the same stats as back then, even the magnum, and no armor abilites, then WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY REMAKE THE WHOLE ENTIRE MULTIPLAYER?

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I played the first Halo on PC, and it was ok at it's best, I quit caring about Halo after I found out how awesome Valve is. But if others like it and they're willing to spend $60 on the same game with some new maps, then that's fine by me. One of the games I really want this year is Mario Kart 7 and I plan on trying out Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, who am I to judge.

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
It's an abomination, but I'm going to let it pan out and see what happens. Maybe 343 will be able to make this not a petty attempt to revive the series. Halo was awesome, but damn man sometimes you have to let an old horse die in peace. Personally I'm hoping that 343 will work their asses off and all that money they got from the Halo:CE remake will be put to use making Halo 4 actually good.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
I loved Halo 3 to death, but I didn't care much for Reach. Reach wasn't necessarily bad, I just didn't feel like playing it anymore at a certain point. I just got tired of the Halo franchise as a whole, hence I didn't buy Anniversary.

So as for Halo 4, unless a trailer or something gets released thats able to ignite the old flame I once had for the series, I probably won't get it.

VincentR

Apr 17, 2011
I know it's a bit of a treasonous sin punishable by death 'round these parts (.. I think), but I only continued purchasing the Halo games because of my love for Bungie itself. I knew they weren't really getting any better (aside from the multiplayer - Bungie has NEVER made anything less than perfect multiplayer), at least to an extent.

Being a Bungie fan is essentially in my blood at this point. My father was a mac fan-boy (despite his saying otherwise), and he still is. Which meant I was exposed to Bungie at an early age (in fact, Marathon was certainly my first shooter, Myth my first Real-time Strategy, and I might have even touched Oni a bit, although I don't remember it if I did).

You can certainly admire and support far worse companies.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
It's hard to imagine the game being bad, stale maybe. I suppose if the new developer is planning on switching things up a bit it might not be, but the idea of them coming out every year is a mistake.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
BrionJames said:
It's hard to imagine the game being bad, stale maybe. I suppose if the new developer is planning on switching things up a bit it might not be, but the idea of them coming out every year is a mistake.
They aren't. Halo 5 and 6 aren't coming out in successive years. And Halo 4 has been in development since soon after Halo 3 was finished.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
My friends....its going to rock and hopefully start a trend that will slowly bring us away from brown shooters into games with good story, characters, game play, and beautiful artwork.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I guess its kinda silly to make a whole new trilogy with Master Chief, but I'm to excited to play as him again to care

chris11246

Jul 29, 2009
well obviously its leading to this:
http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/228/Halo-The-Future-of-Gaming

all kidding aside I'm waiting till i hear more. Im hopeful it will be good

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
EverythingIncredible said:
Halo 4's trailer pretty much summed up how it is going to be.

Bungie wanted to put the series in hibernation, much like the Chief. And then it was rudely awakened by some monstrosity for what seems like no reason at all other than to whore the franchise out.
You mean the monstrosity that Bungie created..?

Aug 25, 2009
It's okay, I have come from the future to put you all out of your misery!

You see, I know that it only makes you look stupid when you try to judge a game that thasn't come out yet, so I thought I'd hop back to let you all know. Since so far very little is really known about it beyond some concept art and a trailer or two, it would be rash of you to automatically declare it awful or good already, right?

Well unfortunately I've run out of time and I'm about to be bounced back to my own time. Ah well, let me know what you think of it when it's actually out and you can judge it without prejudice.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Whereas I've personally never seen the fuss with the series, more of something that a lot of people enjoy can't be a bad thing.

New studio; new direction sounds sensible as well - potentially welcoming new fans with the option for individuals not appreciating it to remain with older titles.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
VincentR said:
I know it's a bit of a treasonous sin punishable by death 'round these parts (.. I think), but I only continued purchasing the Halo games because of my love for Bungie itself. I knew they weren't really getting any better (aside from the multiplayer - Bungie has NEVER made anything less than perfect multiplayer), at least to an extent.

Being a Bungie fan is essentially in my blood at this point. My father was a mac fan-boy (despite his saying otherwise), and he still is. Which meant I was exposed to Bungie at an early age (in fact, Marathon was certainly my first shooter, Myth my first Real-time Strategy, and I might have even touched Oni a bit, although I don't remember it if I did).

You can certainly admire and support far worse companies.
You'll be disappointed to hear that Bungie has fuck all to do with Halo 4, then.