Poll: What are your thoughts on Polybius? (The game, not the Greek guy)

ThePokeguy

Oct 10, 2009
I was just wondering what the thoughts on Polybius were of people who have played it. I personally loved it, although my eyes did hurt quite a bit at first.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
You should tell us what it actually is,for starters. More details,please!

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
So you've actually played it now. Did you turn on the "amnesia-insomnia-sleepwalking-suicidal tendencies" option? Have you considered that it could be a hoax?

EDIT: The actual site claims that its not the real game but merely an attempt to recreate it as it could have been if it ever existed.

ThePokeguy

Oct 10, 2009
rokkolpo said:
uhmmm....Doomsday Arcade?
It's mentioned in that but it was some old arcade game released in some small town in America. Apparently it had an effect on some kids, such as amnesia and nightmares. There are no roms or anything for the game but there is a rom on the interpretation of it. That's what I meant when I started this topic.

zagzag said:
So you've actually played it now. Did you turn on the "amnesia-insomnia-sleepwalking-suicidal tendencies" option? Have you considered that it could be a hoax?
It probably is a hoax with all the effects of it but the game itself is quite good. Some of the subliminal messages in it are creepy though, like 'NO IMAGINATION' and 'REWARD INDIFFERENCE'. However I think it is a good game.

ThePokeguy

Oct 10, 2009
Demented Teddy said:
I've never heard of it.
That may be because it was never a big game or anything. I'd never heard of it until I watched that Doomsday Arcade episode with it and decided to research into it because I was curious. Turns out that most people believe it is just an urban myth or something.