Poll: What do you call your parents?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
So i'm completely bored. And curious. As a disclaimer i in no way want to excluse people who have a single parent, two fathers, two mothers, adoptive parents, raise by their grandparents , guardians or any other situations i can't of .

So down to it. I wanted to make a completly safe thread because of my forum health bar so escapists, what do you call you're parents?

I don't have a very good relationship, with my parents, so in the few instances where i do talk to them, i call them both father and mother. I kind of do this because it sounds impersonal, and i know for a fact it annoys the hell out of them, and it's my way of letting them know i want as little to do with them as possible.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
If I used their first names, it would just feel so wrong after all these years. Mom and Dad for me.

I'm lucky to be on good terms with them.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Usually Mom and Dad. I do tend to use Mother and Father when I want to be dramatic, but it's not an everyday occurrence. The step-parents are being called by their first names though.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I call my dad "dad" and I call my mom by her last name. She used to have the family name but she changed it back to her maiden name like 10 years ago because she got tired of explaining to people how our name is pronounced and spelled, so we've been giving her crap for it ever since (in a friendly teasing way, not in a bitter resentful way). Honestly though, I'd probably change my name as well if I wasn't so fucking lazy.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
Mothers/Fathers (in Dutch).
Yes it's not a typo, I do actually call them in the plural form. It's a dialect thing, just accept it :p.

one squirrel

Aug 11, 2014
I voted for mum and dad, since it seems to be the closest in tone to what I actually call my parens in my austrian dialect.
My mum I call "Mamma", my dad I call "Tata", but when I am talking to someone else, I refer to them as my "Muatr" and my "Votr", which are pretty strong and harsh terms, even more so than "father" and "mother" in english.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I voted 'Mom and Dad' since that's pretty close but since I'm English I say 'Mum and Dad'.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I call them "Mum and Dad". I love my parents, and I'm on great terms with them. Though if I'm asking something that I think they would disapprove of or possibly say no to, I tend to call them "Mummy" or "Daddy", jokingly. Using their first names just feels weird to me.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
I call my dad, "daddy" most of the time. I'm a daddy's girl and what started out as irony soon became the norm. My mum I deviate between "mum" and "mummy" depending on whether I'm discussing her or talking to her, and what we're talking about.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
I call them Mam and Dad. Sometimes I call my Dad by his first name but less so than the rest of my siblings and almost never call my Mam by her first name.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
I call my mum mum. I call my dad by his first name. It comes from when I lived in a house with him, my step mother and three step sisters. I can't remember exactly how it started but hearing everyone else call him by his first name rubbed off on me.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I call them "Mum" and "Dad". Though sometimes I call my Mum Gwen despite the fact that Gwen isn't her real name. I also call my Dad a random male name sometimes.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Any variation of Mother and Father on occasion, but mostly I've always called them by their first names. They've never cared.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
I decided to call my parents equivalent of "mom" and "dad" forth rest of my life, then conditioned them to know that when I switch to their first name, shit went beyond point of tolerance. Worked when I was 15, and still works decades later.

Capcta: how about that?
Really captcha? It's that weird?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I summon them by their Daedric titles, Markynaz and Farkynaz.

I call them by their names, in other words.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I never got out of the habit of calling them mommy and daddy, and I never will. :p

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
Mama and Papa for me :p I sometimes call my mom kitten when I feel sassy or want to tease her (she despises cats)

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
Other: Being English, I refer to my mother as "Mum" rather than "Mom". I still call my father "Dad" though.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Mom and Dad. It's Mum or Mother if I want to be dramatic or annoying. Their first names if I want to piss them off a bit. I don't think I've ever called my father anything other than Dad though.