Poll: What do you call your parents?

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Usually it's "Mum and Dad" but I often use other names for funnsies and stuff. For a few months I've started calling my mum by her first name since it pisses her off (not in a mean way, we're on really good terms) and my dad is pretty regularly called "Pa" since I find it easier to say and this also started just because I felt like changing things up.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
krazykidd said:
So down to it. I wanted to make a completly safe thread because of my forum health bar so escapists, what do you call you're parents?
Oh, so non-English speaking people are not allowed to vote? I see how it is!
Jk.
Also, your*

OT: Call my mother "mor"(Danish), my father "papa"(Spanish).

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Mom and dad. Though funny thing I only noticed a few years back, they also call themselves mom and dad when around myself and my brother. My mom will usually revert to calling my dad by his first name in public, but otherwise when I'm around she calls him dad and he calls her mom. And I think I really like that, it's really endearing.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
I call them mom and dad when I'm speaking to them directly. I refer to them as mother and father when they aren't present. I don't know why I do, but hey, does I really need a reason?

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
Usually 'Mum' and 'Dad', although occasionally I'll say 'Mam' because it's a dialect thing (I'm from Yorkshire).

Obviously I'll call my dad names, in a friendly, banterish sort of way. He might call me a 'greasy, long-haired skipper' so I call him a 'chrome domed, witless oaf'.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Mom and Dad. Unless I get upset with my Mom, then it becomes Mother.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I used to call my now late mother mummy up until around the age of 8 or 9 while I started calling my father dad instead of daddy a little bit earlier. I still call my old man dad nowadays. Back when my mother was alive I'd sometimes call her mummy even as a teen but that was usually when I wanted something =D

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Mom and dad. I know, original. I call my dad "father" when not talking to someone else about him.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I use their names, I've never really liked them all that much and they used to get really pissed off that I didn't call them mom and dad when I was 5, I remember my father slapping me once for it but they eventually got used to it, they still don't like it but they won't get mad or anything, I don't talk to them all that often though.

Sep 30, 2013
Lilani said:
Mom and dad. Though funny thing I only noticed a few years back, they also call themselves mom and dad when around myself and my brother. My mom will usually revert to calling my dad by his first name in public, but otherwise when I'm around she calls him dad and he calls her mom. And I think I really like that, it's really endearing.
My parents do that too!
Only it's "Mama" and "Papa" instead of Mom and dad, but it's roughly the equivalent in Germany.I call them Mama and Papa except when I'm talking to other people about them, then it's "meine Mutter" (my mother) and "mein Vater" (my father).

Malpraxis

Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
Jul 30, 2013
Mother. Father.
To them and to other people when talking about them. People find it weird, since we're stereotypically warm around here, but I always thought mom and dad sounded childish and calling them by their names sounded disrespectful.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Not sure if I should choose mom/dad or mother/father...
I use different languages with my mom and my dad and basically one for the other and the other for the other. Ah hell, mom/dad is what I'm going for!

When I was younger I called my dad with the name his friends called him, then when I became a teenager (or there around) I starting calling him dad. No idea why it was like that, I think I either saw him more of a friend than a parent or then it was the fact that it was a easier word than "father" and could be said faster.