Poll: What do you think about Crysis 2 on consoles?

Apr 28, 2008
Furburt said:
I have no problem with it. Frankly, I hate the idea of any game (except maybe RTS's, or Guitar games, they don't really work on the opposite platform) being exclusive to one platform when it's able for both. I'm glad that console gamers get to experience what PC gamers like me are experiencing too. Seriously, we need to stop with these childish divisions. It's damaging the games industry.

So yeah, I'm quite happy about it. Once both sides stop their elitism, we can actually remember that we're all gamers and that we all play essentially the same things. The real enemy is out there, man, out there!
Indeed. When will people realize that they are inferior to those of us with all consoles.

BOW BEFORE MY OBVIOUS SUPERIORITY!

*ahem*

Anyway, I don't care that much. I'll be getting it on the PC, and since the Timesplitters developers are working on the multiplayer, it may actually be fun!

Martster

Rated EC-10 Condemned
Mar 17, 2010
It's great for console owners as they will be able to play what will be a great game and it'll also give EA and Crytek a much bigger return from sales. This branching out to consoles is only a good thing for consumers and the developer/publisher

But..

To truly experience Crysis 2 you will have to play it as it is meant to be played. On a high spec PC with keyboard and mouse. It's how I'll be doing it and how I'd recommend playing it too

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
DividedUnity said:
AjimboB said:
DividedUnity said:
Console players will not be able to handle its complexity and will be driven insane. No one but a hardcore PC gamer can fathom the depth of the story and the sophisticated characters.

/PC master race
Hehe, that reminds me of that guy who worked on Crysis, who railed on Halo calling it bullshit with a crappy story. I was like "yeah, and Crysis was the War and Peace of the videogame world obviously. Someone isn't very good at critiquing their own work."
Yeah. I remember that story and the one about him calling modern wafare two bad as well. I laughed so hard because he seemed to think his was a masterpiece.

Dont get me wrong I love the game but the storyline is a far cry (no pun intended) from a master piece.
Wow chance for a double whammy here

Richard Morgan didn't write crysis

Story Writers Martin Lancaster, Timothy Partlett
Story Designer Greg Sarjeant

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/crysis/credits

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r

Feb 25, 2009
tzimize said:
NO FPS SHOULD EVER COME OUT ON CONSOLES EVER BECAUSE THE GAMEPLAY IS DUMBED DOWN AND A WASTE OF TIME FOR PC USERS!

Sometimes caps is necessary.
Any examples behind your trolling?

Reboare

Apr 2, 2010
Pingieking said:
Reboare said:
It's going to inevitably mean that the game is technologically inferior to the first, but I think it's good overall. If the game is on consoles and pc it means more people can play it. Graphics won't be as good as the first but I can live with it. I don't get overly concerned with the graphics, as long as they aren't complete crap, and prefer to just enjoy the gameplay.
Not necessarily. Everything I've seen so far of CryEngine 3 (via GDC, E3 last year, and some Crysis 2 previews) indicates that it'll outperform the first game while using less resources. Not really an impossible feat, since I had the feeling that Crysis one was one badly optimized program.
I agree that Crysis was unoptimised but from the comparisons done between Cryengine 2 and 3 it shows that Cryengine 3 is comparable to 2 on medium graphics settings. The new location might however make the shortcomings less obvious, but it certainly won't be able to equal to the original Crysis. I believe that in the original the entire level was loaded, but due to the limited RAM in the consoles it will have to load the portions of the level as your progress through it.

Stickey Jackson

Apr 20, 2010
From a pure gameplay point of view, I hope that the "limited" resources consoles provide will force crytech to step their game up and not depend on their game being pretty to drive sales. While fun, crysis was more a joy for me to look at than to play. As a primary PC gamer I'm fine with this one going to consoles; I'm not disillusioned about PC gaming's status.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
jamesworkshop said:
DividedUnity said:
AjimboB said:
DividedUnity said:
Console players will not be able to handle its complexity and will be driven insane. No one but a hardcore PC gamer can fathom the depth of the story and the sophisticated characters.

/PC master race
Hehe, that reminds me of that guy who worked on Crysis, who railed on Halo calling it bullshit with a crappy story. I was like "yeah, and Crysis was the War and Peace of the videogame world obviously. Someone isn't very good at critiquing their own work."
Yeah. I remember that story and the one about him calling modern wafare two bad as well. I laughed so hard because he seemed to think his was a masterpiece.

Dont get me wrong I love the game but the storyline is a far cry (no pun intended) from a master piece.
Wow chance for a double whammy here

Richard Morgan didn't write crysis

Story Writers Martin Lancaster, Timothy Partlett
Story Designer Greg Sarjeant

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/crysis/credits
Ah well. I see my presumption was wrong. Well played. However the point still stands about him thinking his work is a masterpiece even if he did not write the story for crysis or its expansion.

Also I would like to point out that Richard Morrigan has also recieved a dick award

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_K._Dick_Award#2003

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Ph0t0n1c Ph34r said:
tzimize said:
NO FPS SHOULD EVER COME OUT ON CONSOLES EVER BECAUSE THE GAMEPLAY IS DUMBED DOWN AND A WASTE OF TIME FOR PC USERS!

the nanosuit is reduced to 2 modes in the sequel, for exactly this reason.

I like the complexity of crysis 1's suit, re-mapped the guns to the number keys, then guns on another part of keyboard, it is great.
(however, you can customize the suit's 2 modes, but its only 2 modes, which means we won't get to hear 'MAXIMUM STRENGTH', 'MAXIMUM ARMOUR', and the like.)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
If it doesn't affect the quality of the PC graphics whoredom, then why not?

Yes, I just said "PC graphics whoredom". Get over it, that's really what it is (I would know, I'm a graphics whore).

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Ph0t0n1c Ph34r said:
tzimize said:

Deus Ex, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Far Cry, No One Lives Forever, Unreal Tournament, Ghost Recon, Aliens Vs Predator. I'm sure I could think of more. I'm mostly butthurt about Deus Ex and Ghost Recon though, there is nothing like the originals of those games (Except maybe the first Rainbow 6, and there's another one, Rainbow 6, they cut more from that than just 2 squadmates which should have made it Rainbow 4)

aaronx83

Dec 18, 2009
I Got A Terribly Crappy Computer And A 360
PC And Consoles Still Win
Oh I Cant Wait For This Game ^^

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
If I tried to run Crysis on my PC it would causes a quantum singularity and reality would collapse in on itself destroying everything, that and I know my PS3 can run anything I put in it (besides PS2 games dammit)

neosman8

Nov 9, 2009
personally i like it the way it is i love playing crysis and ive got a 360 so now i can finally do both. the only concern i have for crisis on 360 is the graphics. for ps3 dont really think graphics is an issue but xbox graphics are not exactly the best apart from that i welcome crysis 2 to consles with open arms.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
I could care less. I played crysis at my friend's house and wasn't too impressed with the actual GAME, but having it on consoles can't really be a negative thing so why not.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Obviously it's going to have to be toned down extremely on consoles, as they're not even capable of running Crysis 1 on the equivalent of a PC's high settings, let alone highest.

Other than that, as long as the PC version doesn't suffer I'm all for it. If I'm 100% honest I'll probably get one of the console versions anyway out of convenience.

I don't think it's such a bad thing. Half-Life went to consoles, as did Call of duty, Battlefield, and they're all fun to play on consoles.

If they can pull this off well, then wahey.