Poll: What hurts more: kicked in the balls or giving birth?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Pain is a subjective thing. It's something patients tell Docotrs, its not really quantifible, except relative to the person. Arguably a kick in the balls might have a higher pain to time ratio, but I know which one I'd rather not have.

Funnily enough I was just 3hrs ago delivering a baby boy to a very happy mother. The amount of shit (hers and the meconium or baby shit) and blood I got on myself was ridiculous, okay I exaggerate but even just a small amount on you feels really gross. But afterward everyone's just so excited.

starkiller212

Dec 23, 2010
I'm going with thunderclap headache >> kicked in the balls >= childbirth

(assuming http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/10/why-getting-kicked-in-the-balls-causes-pain-in-the-abdomen/ is accurate. although the childbirth lasts longer than both of the other two, so I'm not sure I'd rather go through that if I had a choice)

Fraeir

Sep 22, 2008
Giving birth, I'd say.

As mentioned, it takes time. Secondly, why do you think women have a higher threshold for pain?
Should be fairly easy to figure out.

digipinky75910

Aug 25, 2009
Country
us
Plus giving birth has all kinds of emotional and psychological issues, you gain weight, people point and talk about you, you have a living thing growing inside of you making you hurl at regular intervals. Judgments will be made about you, whereas being kicked in the balls rarely carries such a stigma.

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
Getting kicked in the Balls, depending on how hard, hurts much more than childbirth.
Reasons:
1) The testicles are, with only one exception, (we won't go there right now, let's just say it's nearby...) the most sensitive part on a Mans body, and they're completely exposed in almost any circumstances.

2) It's been scientifically proven that, during childbirth, the brain actually shuts down many functions to prevent the woman from going into shock. This means that, while the woman KNOWS there was a lot of pain, her brain itself doesn't actually record it.

So the whole 'try giving birth' argument is actually basically invalid. YES there was lots and lots of pain, but knowing it hurts and actually recording the information, like being kicked square in the balls, are two different things.

Also, for those who think getting kicked in the nuts doesn't last as long as giving birth, let me tell you one thing: Having actually been kicked square in the nuts by a raging woman, not only was I ground-bound (actually shed a few tears, btw) for over an hour, and couldn't stand up straight for the rest of the day, I had to walk at less than half my usual speed for two days straight to keep my nuts from rebelling against me.
(I've never actually figured out why she kicked ME, but she was fucking PISSED before I said anything, so maybe I was just a target of opportunity...)
Edit: Also, for the first 45 minutes or so, I felt like vomiting, and couldn't actually breath properly.

Strife17O7

May 24, 2009
babinro said:
Having experienced neither...it seems a no brainer that it would be giving birth...simply based on the duration alone. You'd be in pain giving birth for hours longer than a kick square in the nuts.
That and the basic physics of the thing. Trying to fit a watermelon through an grapefruit doesn't seem like a very...comfortable scenario for the grapefruit.

Simple kick in the grapes? That's a sort of agony I can at least wrap my mind around.

Kashrlyyk

Dec 30, 2010
Drazeric said:
i would say getting kicked in the balls. When giving birth you can choose to get drugged to numb the pain and the vagina stretches. I'm not saying that giving birth doesn't hurt but a swift kick to the balls is like a guys auto reset button. We go down and do not get up for a few minutes depending on the severity of it. Also kicked hard enough can cause death. But to put the cherry on top it can happen WHENEVER. We do not have an option to prepare for it.
I read about a woman who had several children and had to pass a "kidney stone" or something like that. She said the "kidney stone" was worse than giving birth. So yes, I agree kick in the ball is more painful.
There is also the Neurogenic shock which can be caused by immense pain and can lead to death if untreated.
Alexias_Sandar said:
Let's see, one takes weeks of recovery, lasts hours or sometimes DAYS itself, and requires stitches afterwards. One lasts a few minutes to an hour, usually doesn't require lasting medical treatment and doesn't have 9 months of often unpleasant experiences, including being regularly kicked from the inside along the way.
The question is about the pain not about how exhausted you are afterwards. And don't forget that in most child births these days they perform a cut which has to heal up which takes time.
KingofallCosmos said:
I think giving birth as a male would hurt most.
Actually testosterone dulls pain while estrogen heightens it. Adding on top of that the massive painkillers produced by the body at child birth, men would probably hurt less when giving birth.

Unia

Jan 15, 2010
How many people have died from being kicked in the balls? Seriously, anyone got sources on that?

This is pretty pointless: one is a biological process that's a necessary evil, the other is a random act of violence.

Kashrlyyk

Dec 30, 2010
Any women who wants to "know how painful a kick in the testicles is", can get a knee rammed in the clitoris.

Drazeric said:
i would say getting kicked in the balls. When giving birth you can choose to get drugged to numb the pain and the vagina stretches. I'm not saying that giving birth doesn't hurt but a swift kick to the balls is like a guys auto reset button. We go down and do not get up for a few minutes depending on the severity of it. Also kicked hard enough can cause death. But to put the cherry on top it can happen WHENEVER. We do not have an option to prepare for it.
I read about a woman who had several children and had to pass a "kidney stone" or something like that. She said the "kidney stone" was worse than giving birth. So yes, I agree kick in the ball is more painful.
There is also the Neurogenic shock which can be caused by immense pain and can lead to death if untreated.
Alexias_Sandar said:
Let's see, one takes weeks of recovery, lasts hours or sometimes DAYS itself, and requires stitches afterwards. One lasts a few minutes to an hour, usually doesn't require lasting medical treatment and doesn't have 9 months of often unpleasant experiences, including being regularly kicked from the inside along the way.
The question is about the pain not about how exhausted you are afterwards. And don't forget that in most child births these days they perform a cut which has to heal up which takes time.
KingofallCosmos said:
I think giving birth as a male would hurt most.
Actually testosterone dulls pain while estrogen heightens it. Adding on top of that the massive painkillers produced by the body at child birth, men would probably hurt less if they gave birth.

QuantumT

Nov 17, 2009
For anyone who thinks that child birth is worse simply because getting kicked in the balls doesn't last that long, you've never experienced a true kick to the balls. A full blown kick to the balls will require a stay in the hospital, and you'll be bedridden for weeks simply because the grazing contact caused by walking is too painful to endure.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Unless we find a fertile hermaphrodite and do some experiments, I doubt if anyone will ever know. I'd think giving birth because that lasts for a longer period of time and thus has a great quantity of hurt overall but perhaps a kick to the balls produces the greatest spike in pain, I dunno.

QuantumT

Nov 17, 2009
Kashrlyyk said:
Comparison with some 3rd thing that both males and females can experience would give some way of deciding which is worse. In theory, there's something that's worse than one but not as bad as the other, which would give you some point of comparison.

A translation for the uninitiated. Getting kicked in the balls can be so painful that you die.

http://www.worldlii.org/pg/cases/PGNC/1995/6.html

Donbett1974

Jan 28, 2009
I was told by a mother of 3 that child birth feels just like being stabbed. I've been stabbed and kicked in the balls the stabbing was slightly less painful.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
mikespoff said:
JasonKaotic said:
No pain can possibly be greater than being kicked in the balls, dude.
Except, perhaps, having your balls ripped off and shredded for about 12 hours? i.e., giving birth?
Having your balls ripped off and shredded isn't really a part of giving birth.

Kashrlyyk

Dec 30, 2010
There were studies done where people were asked "Do you think men/women are blablabla?" and "Do you know a man/woman that is blablabla?".
Blablabla was some property that was used in prejudice and/or stereotypes. Like "bad at parking" for women or "whiny" for men. For some of the questions the amount of positive answers were very close to each other. But for some it wasn't. One of the question I remember was:

"Do you think men are whiny?" and "Do you know a man that is whiny?".

The first question yielded 68% 'Yes' and the second 'around 30%'. That means around 38% of the women asked answered following the socially accepted stereotype despite their own experience being completely different.
This was true for both genders for different topics. Similar results were found when men were asked the "bad at parking" question, I think.

I wonder how many of the people saying childbirth actually had childbirth at some point in there life and how many just follow the socially accepted stereotype enhanced by the very bad way childbirth is portrayed in Hollywood "comedies", like friends?

Ecliptica Wolf

Apr 20, 2011
We all know childbirth is more painful, but since I'm not a woman I'll argue black is white that being kicked in the balls is second to none.

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
StBishop said:
cahtush said:
StBishop said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Tell you what...let's wait until someone can do both and ask them. ;)
Is it possible for someone with XXY chromosomes to become pregant? If so it could be possible for someone to be kicked in the balls and become pregnant. That way we could sort this all out. For science!
haveing one extra X cromosone on your last pair (XXX or XXY) is called downs syndrome. so no
Srsly?

I'm googling that.
I just read that there are people with boath kinds of genitals, they are called Hermaphrodites althoght they mostly are half steril

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
cahtush said:
StBishop said:
cahtush said:
StBishop said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Tell you what...let's wait until someone can do both and ask them. ;)
Is it possible for someone with XXY chromosomes to become pregant? If so it could be possible for someone to be kicked in the balls and become pregnant. That way we could sort this all out. For science!
haveing one extra X cromosone on your last pair (XXX or XXY) is called downs syndrome. so no
Srsly?

I'm googling that.
I just read that there are people with boath kinds of genitals, they are called Hermaphrodites althoght they mostly are half steril
Yeah, I know about Hermaphroditism, I was under the impression it occurred due to having both two X and one Y chromosome.