Poll: what is stronger... hate or love?

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
You can kill for either, but very few people would die for hate, while some would die for love, so I suppose love would be the stronger of the two.

Though frankly they're both a waste of time - love especially.
You will all die alone.
Unloved.
I wasn't aware there was another way to die.

Really it would depend on what you define as "stronger" in context. If you just wanted a blunt Weak - Strong definition, then it would have to be hate as is clearly pointed out by WanderFreak.

WanderFreak said:
Hate = nuke
Love = greeting card

Hate for the win.
But then as Max said, how many people would die for hate? Well there are terrorist/suicide bombers and while soldiers may say there are fighting to protect the ones they love, most of the time, these days at least, its out of governments greed lust for money, oil, land and consequently, power.

And then you could look at it from a Heaven-Hell/God-Devil perspective i.e. Heaven always wins. Maybe I'm just overanalyzing the question, but there you go, not as simple as it sounds.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Semantics...

Really, you can't have love without hate.
And who says you can't have a hate-filled sense of love? They are most definitely not opposites.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
I'm gonna say love, because people can be willing to die for someone or something they love, while I doubt anyone would die for something they hate.

Or maybe I'm just an optimistic idiot and people really are pricks. But who knows which is right?

Nawsome

Aug 17, 2009
bernthalbob616 said:
I'm gonna say love, because people can be willing to die for someone or something they love, while I doubt anyone would die for something they hate.

Or maybe I'm just an optimistic idiot and people really are pricks. But who knows which is right?
Sure alot of people would "Die for love" but many, many, many more would kill for hate. If you hate something you don't plan on dying for it. You plan on killing it in the least humane way possible.
Not to mention Hate has more followers.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I believe both are pointless emotions. I do see that love breeds hate much more than hate breeds love.

Than again I am a pessimist and also misanthropic.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
bernthalbob616 said:

Guarantee you its that all people suck and sorry but yeah your optimism is idiotic.
OT: I've explained my thoughts earlier, i'll just say hate here :)

JSkunk22

May 20, 2009
Hate. It's much easier (for me at least) to remember things that greatly upset you than it is to remember what exactly made you the happiest. It's unfortunate and dark, but life seems to be that way.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
'Love' And 'Hate' are relatively the same thing. One is more based around a sense of the liking of an individual or object, while hate is dislike. They share common characteristics such as the induction of emotion towards a particular object or individual, with the difference being only the emotion that is being inducted towards it.

It is basically the perspective you have that can make one seem stronger than the other. Anger fueled people will be more driven by hate and see it as stronger, while those who are more passive and happy (in love, maybe?) will see love as stronger.

gagalloogie

Jul 29, 2009
It's true love is powerful, and possibly what life is worth living for, unfortunately, love cannot stop hate, racism cannot be stopped with hugs, the holocaust wasn't stopped by happy smiling children, and most people would harbour a grudge than forgive, face it more people are killed by hate than saved by love.

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
Question, how can both be stronger? Doesn't that by definition make them equal? Anyways, I've gone with hate. Take a look around, plenty more hateful things occur everyday than loving ones. We can't even forge lasting peace. Why? Hate.

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
bernthalbob616 said:

No one would die for something they hated, but I'm sure plenty people would kill through hatred. I'll just point you to the current problems in the middle east. Hate > Love.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
Daemon888 said:
simple question... what are your thoughts?
they're both part of the same system ... so it would totally depend on the scenarios and the individuals involved

they're both the same in terms of potential

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
Love is stronger, because not only can it spawn hate but because it makes people do really, really stupid things.