Poll: what is the best concert you have ever been too

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Tough one...

The Dream Theater/Iron Maiden show was phenomenal, but with how big the stadium was, it was a tad impersonal.

The multiple After Midnight Project shows I've been to have all been a blast, especially since I've been on stage for one of them, and I'm cool with the band.

The Edguy/Kamelot show was a lot of fun, especially talking to Tobias Sammat of Edguy afterwards (he kept trying to give me and my friend alcohol. Cool dude).

The Sonata Arctica/Nightwish show was absolutely phenomenal. Two of my favorite bands ever together, and they destroyed it. Unfortunately, it was after Tarja left, and while I like Anette, I don't like her as much (she did kiss me on my cheek though. That was nice).

The Warped Tours I've been to have been a lot of fun, but I don't know if those count (that is where I saw Closure in Moscow, Enter Shikari, and The Rocket Summer though...). Yeah, I've giving it to the 2010 Warped Tour.

They're all great in their own rights though. But it won't matter after the 24th, because I'll be seeing Emilie Autumn, VIP ticket. I'm fully expecting it to be the best day of my life.

EDIT: Or the Bright Eyes/Mountain Goats concert I went to. I've never seen someone be more happy to be making music than John Darnielle.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Turisas were damn near brilliant live, especially when they played Rasputin.

David Savage said:
by far and away AC/DC. They may be getting a bit on in years but they still know how to have a really good time playing their music, which means that it is impossible not to enjoy their show. Also cannons.
I also agree with this. AC/DC awesome live.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
I'm into a lot more lesser known bands than the ones listed so far, not because I'm a hipster or anything, it's just the type of music I like, plus it is easier to see newer, fresher acts in concerts or at shows and it is generally a lot cheaper. It would be really hard to pick a favorite though, there are a lot of shows that have special meaning to me for one reason or another. The best show I ever went to was probably a local show, it isn't worth listing the bands because there is no way in hell anybody would recognize them, lol. It was less about the music and more about the people I was there with.

Grog289

Sep 1, 2011
Top 3 (not neccesarily in order)
Mumford and Sons, Frank Turner, The Decemberists

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
Its a toss up between

The machine head DVD they shot at Brixton (Elegies)

or

Turisas and their 2008 tour...Which had Alestorm as the opener...which fucking ruled.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Oh the best concert i'be been to is definitely Dinosaur Jr... absoluty phenomanl... the opening band was good too and served to get the crowd ready for Dinosaur Jr... than they did a short interview thing with Henry Rollins... as awkward as ever... but as soon as they got on stage it was pure mind blowing awesomeness... they zipped through their playlistism with out a moments break while the crowd went ballistic for every song... past song on the realist was Don't and anyone who knows a thing about Dinosaur jr knows thatvthis basically just a jam session while they have a kid from the audience sing all five words of the song...really great... afterwards thouh, they were called back out for an encore and played like 5 more songs... ending with their most famous... Feel The Pain... truly amazing... and my first time at the Filmore...

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I've been to Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Mayhem Fest last year. I saw a lot of good mother fucking bands.

I'd say Judas Priest wins though because on the same bill was Thin Lizzy (who still kicked ass without Phil Lynott), Black Label Society (Zakk Wylde did an 11 minute guitar solo) and Then Judas Priest blew my mind away with Halford's singing, the amount of lasers, solos from Glen Tipton and Scott Travis, and great setlist of some never performed before that tour songs.

After that show I can die happily.

Close second would be the Iron Maiden concert because of the showman ship of Bruce Dickinson and the incredible backdrops and stagecraft and Eddie's new look.

bigsby

Jul 16, 2009
Best gig eh? Cant really decide between Rammstein live in Athens or the Sonisphere with Mastodon, Slipknot and Iron Maiden in a row...

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
I can't say for sure the best show. but i know for sure the best opening of a show i've seen.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Young guns, the rescue rooms nottingham. The air was sweaty, the room was bouncing, the atmosphere was electric. Gustav jumped into the crowd, there were crowdsurfers, and the 14 year olds in the pit were light enough to bounce off anyone who cba with it. And I got into rock city for free with the ticket for a club night, extra winnage!

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
AC/DC, Black Ice tour. Absolutely awesome, spectacle and performance. But I will admit I am an AC/DC fanboy so my answer was unlikely to be anything different. Still, they are absolutely incredible to watch.

KILRbuny

Nov 6, 2010
I saw the band Cake when they hit Denver last year. Brilliant performers. I still hope to see U2 sometime though.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I've been to two. A Fall Out Boy one I can't quite recall and a Gorillaz one which I absolutely adored. Now in six days, I am going to experience The Wall live.

In the future, I hope to go to a Beastie Boys, Daft Punk, Megadeth and maybe even a Rhapsody of Fire one. Emphasis on Daft Punk. If I go to one of their shows, I can die happy.
Evil Smurf said:
I'm going next week and needless to say I am hyped.

El Dwarfio

Jan 30, 2012
I saw KISS about 2 years ago now as part of their Sonic Boo Over Europe Tour.

It was amazing, like best light of my life amazing. Explosions, fireworks, flame-throwing guitars, flying shit, destroying the actual set, setting instruments on fire while playing them and of course Gene's firebreathing. And did I mention awesome music?

I've been to a few other gigs, the Fratellis were memorable, it was back before they were famous, it was basically a pub brawl. But nothing is value for money like a KISS concert, you get the music and the show and both are stellar.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I've been to some great shows so it's tough for me to pick just one. :/

If forced to choose, however, I guess I'll go with a tie for David Bowie on his Reality Tour and The White Stripes on their Canadian tour. Both shows were absolutely amazing performances by amazing artists.. and both, it seems, were on their final tours as The White Stripes ended up spltting and Bowie has been out of the music game almost entirely since having a mild heart attack during a later show in the Reality Tour. If either tour again at this point, it seems like it will be more of a greatest hits reunion style tour than a real honest tour to support their music.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I've only been to 5 concerts so far, so my favorite to this date is Warped Tour 2011 at Tinley Park, IL. Some bands that I saw were: A Day to Remember, Enter Shikari, Psychostick, Black Veil Brides, Attack Attack, Asking Alexandria, D.R.U.G.S., Hellogoodbye Less Than Jake, The Acacia Strain, Of Mice & Men, Winds of Plague, I set My Friends On Fire, and The Devil Wears Prada.

Was a fun day.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Saw Phish in summer of 2010, single greatest night of my life.
I think I burned off more calories jumping that night than I had in the last year.