Poll: What is your age/gender?

HydraMoon

From high atop the treehouse
May 3, 2011
DMac the Knife said:
Yeesh, as a woman over 35 I'm frakking ancient for the Escapist. As a kid we had a cutting edge original home version of Pong and the only other video games were in an arcade (I kicked some serious ass in Tempest on my way home from school each day!).
Yeah, the Escapist tends to run young so I've noticed. I feel like I should be hobbling and asking people if they've seen my teeth.

Still thinking about getting that nitrous hoveround though....

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
HydraMoon said:
'35 and over' cracks me up.

"Here grandpa! I brought the hoveround over and your Gamegear- now don't give anyone at the home too much trouble today!"

"You son of a - I'm 37 not dead! Put the nitrous on the hoveround magic machine and it's a deal."
Well, the escapist only allows 8 options, half for each gender. So I just did the typical age demographic boundaries I've seen all over. I was actually concerned that some people over 34 would not put down their age because they were offended, and considered old. I hope that didn't skew the results.

HydraMoon

From high atop the treehouse
May 3, 2011
Lonan said:
Well, the escapist only allows 8 options, half for each gender. So I just did the typical age demographic boundaries I've seen all over. I was actually concerned that some people over 34 would not put down their age because they were offended, and considered old. I hope that didn't skew the results.
It wasn't a critique of the poll, hope I didn't offend you. It just makes me laugh how depending on the area a poll is taken the age always gets skewed one way or the other. Polls about 'serious adult stuff' almost always lump people under 25 together because a 16 year-old has so much in common with a 23 year-old (/sarcasm).

I don't think the results will be too skewed- especially since olds like me enjoy rubbing younger players faces in the fact that we were gamers first. Mostly in good fun though, like a pesky older sibling as opposed to a complete jerk. (I hope anyway)

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I am a 22 year old female. I will be 23 next January. Some days though I feel so old....

ALuckyChance

Aug 5, 2010
Male, will be fifteen next March. I hope all you old people aren't jealous of my youth ;)

I'm also a Neutral Good, though I lean a bit towards the Lawful side.

Seieko Pherdo

May 7, 2011
The Rookie Gamer said:
I'm 15 years old, male and I love Halo. People despise me.
Not sure why people hate you, there's plenty of people who got in Halo at that age if not younger.