Poll: What is your fauvorite and most hated vegetable?

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
I've always liked the Asian manner of dealing with vegetables, they integrate them into cuisine so it feels like part of the dish, American meals are all about consciously getting some poor-tasting cooked vegetable heaped onto your plate, it's not that I don't like vegetables, I just don't like the way they are served in the average American meal.

Favorite: Potatoes, and/or olives.
Least Favorite: Green Beans, ick.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
My most loved? Hmm...Potatoe IS very versatile and yummy, but I'd have to say...Peas

My mum hates them, because my Grandma piled on a mountain of peas to every meal they had. So I see them as a delicacy

My most hated? I cannot eat Mushrooms, they make me retch.

Quick Ben

Oct 27, 2008
You can eat potatoes in very many tasty ways. Also, tomatoes are good (although they're technically a fruit.)
My most hated would be peas. They do not taste good at all except in a very small amount of dishes.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
Considering I am half Irish I'd say that I love me potatoes!. Followed by peas, carrots, onions and cucumber. I also love tomatoes but that's not a veg so...

Most hated would be brussel sprouts.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Carrots, peas, cabbage and sweetcorn are the shiz.

Coliflower, turnips and parshnips suck.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I love carrots followed by onions only if you use them for flavour.
Did you know that potato is a vegeatable but it doesn't count as one of the five a day.

Cylem

Feb 27, 2009
I don't really like vegetables. Carrots are okay if they're hot. With brown sugar they almost taste like yams! I also like green beans, but only the canned kind...

Spinach salad is good too with enough dressing. Actually, vegetables are okay as long as they don't taste like vegetables.

I'm going to die young, I know.

I gag when I eat raw broccoli and that purple, frilly lettuce that tastes like shampoo.

Kif

Jun 2, 2009
I second your thought that sprouts are the worst.

As for my fave, well I love salad (cold) vegetables most of all I love peppers.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Ernie Devlin said:
Vegetables on their own, uncooked aren't very good in my opinion.
Hah, I usually prefer them uncooked. More crunchy, more flavour, but that can have something to do with the fact that mum tends to reduce veggies to snot by cooking them way too long. The best way to prepare them is steaming.

Also, my fav would probably be broccoli, carrots or cucumber. I love the latter 2 as a snack (I can easily eat a whole cucumber, omnomnomnom) and the first for diner.

I detest witlof/witloof/chicory/whatever the hell you call it where you live. Dad sometimes prepares it raw, RAW!!! That's pretty much inedible, so bitter it is.

PS: Potatoes are not vegetables!

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
I have... no idea... cherry tomatoes are nice sometimes, but only when they taste sweet... Spinach is quite nice, however I've only had it once or twice...

I hate Sweetcorn, it literally makes me sick... and 'Sprouts are icky.

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
My favorite is a tie between Broccoli and Spinach.

I can't stand asparagus.

Starnerf

The X makes it sound cool
Jun 26, 2008
Favorite is broccoli and canned green beans (fresh taste like thick pieces of grass).

Least favorite is probably turnip or brussels sprouts.

Deadpewl

Jul 23, 2009
Love potatoes, even when they arent deep fried in batter.
Hate peas they are the tiny, mushy agents of satan.