Poll: What is your favorite DC Animated Universe show?

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Well, what's your favorite DCAU show? And if you're wondering why Teen Titans, Young Justice, or Green Lantern isn't on this list it's because they don't take place in the same continuity.

Anyways, for me it's a toss up between Batman: TAS and Justice League Unlimited. Batman is a great cartoon, and the one that started it all. But Justice League Unlimited has a great cast.

Anyways, what's yours?

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
Loved the Justice League they released around 2004. Great ideas, great cast. It felt a little too American for me at times but I could live with it. Although the Zeta Project was very very good, but I never watched it properly. Maybe I should check it out. Never knew it had anything to do with the DC universe.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Grew up on B:TAS, so that. Great film noir animation style, great story lines. Best Batman (Conroy)/Joker (Hamill).

But, why no mention of Young Justice?

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
madwarper said:
Grew up on B:TAS, so that. Great film noir animation style, great story lines. Best Batman (Conroy)/Joker (Hamill).

But, why no mention of Young Justice?
Read the OP and you'll see.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much Batman: TAS follow by Justice League and Unlimited.

To me Batman: TAS is a classic for a several reason and it didn't bother me so much with the time difference when compared to Justice League timeline (I mean Batman computer and the cars in Gotham city had a huge update when JL came along).

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I had to go with Justice League. There weren't really any weak episodes and the JL member VAs did a fantastic job. B:TAS is a very close second and JL Unlimited a bit further back in third.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
As much as I like pretty much everything related to the DC Animated Universe (well, barring Zeta Project), I have to give it to Justice League Unlimited.

JLU has, bar none, the best season finale (season 1's finale), of any show I've ever seen. I mean, how can you argue with this?

And really, the entire season leading up to it was fantastic.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
JLU. It felt like they were really showing their acquired experience with the format and managing quite a few engaging storylines about second-stringer DC heroes while keeping the main focus on the 7 founders. I would consider Flashpoint, Panic in the Sky, and Divided We Fall to be the series' high point.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
WhiteFangofWar said:
JLU. It felt like they were really showing their acquired experience with the format and managing quite a few engaging storylines about second-stringer DC heroes while keeping the main focus on the 7 founders. I would consider Flashpoint, Panic in the Sky, and Divided We Fall to be the series' high point.

On topic: While I really like Justice League Unlimited I'll have to choose Batman Beyond. At least when they weren't doing episodes about Terry rather than Batman.

Sep 14, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
As much as I like pretty much everything related to the DC Animated Universe (well, barring Zeta Project), I have to give it to Justice League Unlimited.

JLU has, bar none, the best season finale (season 1's finale), of any show I've ever seen. I mean, how can you argue with this?

agree with this, even that part, i lerv'd that episode when i saw it.

also this:

seriously lol'd hard the first time i saw that.

Also, OP FUCK YOU, young justice, GL:TAS and teen titans were all way better than most of those, i don't care if the continuity is screwed.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
DC Animated Universe > Marvel Cinematic Universe

and I have to give my vote to JL/U

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Batman Beyond was the hypest fucking shit when I was a kid. It gets my vote for nostalgia alone.

Recently though, I'm much more of a fan of the DC Animated films. I mean holy shit, did you guys see The Dark Knight Returns? Talk about nailing it.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Leemaster777 said:

Was that Justice League Unlimited? Or just Justice League? The first season of Unlimited ended with the fantastic episode "Epilogue".

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Amethyst Wind said:
But... but you were in Flashpoint! You got beat up and interrogated about aglets and rescued and you got to lecture Superman and we got to see your real face at last! Ah well, I certainly liked Question Authority too.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Leemaster777 said:

Was that Justice League Unlimited? Or just Justice League? The first season of Unlimited ended with the fantastic episode "Epilogue".
Oh yeah, I forget that sometimes. Yeah, that was Unlimited. I always think of the 4-part event before "Epilogue" as the real season finale. In my head, "Epilogue" is more like the true ending to Batman Beyond.

Which isn't to say that "Epilogue" isn't a fantastic episode in my own right, it's just that the 4-parter makes a much better endcap for the entire season.

The

Jan 24, 2012
I would have loved to have Teen Titans or Young Justice on the list.

But yeah, Batman Beyond for me. Never watched much Justice League. I'll get to that soon.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
It's a toss up between B:TAS and JLU. Both were about as fantastic as animation can get IMO.