Poll: What is your Favorite incarnation of the doctor?

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Infernai said:
For me, it has to be Doctor Number 7 played by Sylvester Mccoy. Don't get me wrong, Tennant is a close second but...can't go wrong with Mccoy in my books. So escapists, what about you?
You sir are my hero.

Slyvester McCoy hands down every time. Although my favourite NEW Doctor would have to be Matt Smith.

In fact, Imma list them in order of preference...

Slyvester McCoy
Patrick Troughton
Matt Smith
David Tennant & Christopher Eccleston (These two tie because they both had good and bad moments in my book)
Peter Davison
Tom Baker
Paul Mcgann
Jon Pertwee
William Hartnell
Colin Baker

Yeah, that feels about right.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Eccelston, perfect blend of war torn and a guy who was trying to find a little joy in his world. A perfect set up for Tennant to run with, and for Smith/Moffat to butcher.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
ewhac said:
Infernai said:
? For me, it has to be Doctor Number 7 played by Sylvester Mccoy. Don't get me wrong, Tennant is a close second but...can't go wrong with Mccoy in my books.
Oh, I don't know. Not even McCoy could save The Greatest Show in The Galaxy.
It wasn't his fault that the show went on Hiatus-...Oh, you're talking about the episode, sorry thought you meant Doctor who itself. Because, y'know, it IS the greatest show in the galaxy.

But yeah, i agree, it probably wasn't his highest point...still, just look at Remembrance of the Daleks and Battlefield and you'll understand exactly why i love the guy. That said though, your previous post does raise a good point: There hasn't been a BAD Doctor in the role, although i'll admit i didn't really like Colin Bakers portrayal (To be fair though, i understand it wasn't his fault and was mostly due to poor writing so..no offense to him in the slightest, but i do think he didn't get a fair go).

Proverbial Jon said:
You sir are my hero.
*bows* Aww, you're too kind! ^^

a Soviet Pie

Apr 30, 2009
11th. Smith does a perfect job portraying the Doctor as a spontanious, genius, and three-steps-ahead-of-you thinker. Just seems the most energetic. The only one of the originals I ever liked was No. 2, though, so I cant really vouch....

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
The new series is such a different beast from the old, but Jon Pertwee still has the moves.

Mandoragon

May 30, 2011
David Tennant all the way man. Tom Baker comes a close second though. the new guy SUCKS! Bring back David i say!

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
Who else but Doctor Blackadder?

Look up the "curse of fatal death" on the googles, i know, not strictly canon. But for my money, the bestest Doctor to date.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
David Tennant was my first, and therefore to me he is the best.

Matt Smith for some reason always looks... happy... even in serious moments. Always twigged me about it.

Bruden

Oct 26, 2009
Tennant used to be my favorite, but I dont know somewhere since he took over Matt Smith made me love him, he is the best doctor.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
RoseArch said:
As I am quite unable to even find old episodes of the Doctor
All you need to do is look up a torrent for them. Porbably one on the Pirate bay or Mininova. So if I were you I'd look there. Also you may have problems finding all of the episodes of the first doctors as the BBC recorded over the Tapes. So the only copies left are pirates. Pirated in the U.S so the colour on them is a little flaky because of the change in format.

Also they are very different than the new ones. The old ones are far more complicated and less 'action' orriented. So if thats what you like in the new ones then you might not like the old ones.

Kakujin

Oct 19, 2008
I am going to have to go with number 9, Ecclestone. Really wish he had been willing to do more than the one season, but I am grateful for the gold he gave.