Poll: What is your favourite player?

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
For me it would be either Winamp or VLC. I like winamp because you can cue songs and it's very easy to add music. With VLC you get good quality PLUS you can amplify the sound by 400% (great for those songs or movies etc that are very quiet)

What is your favourite media player, for music, videos or otherwise, and why?

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
ethaninja said:
For me it would be either Winamp of VLC. I like winamp because you can cue songs and it's very easy to add music. With VLC you get good quality PLUS you can amplify the sound by 400% (great for those songs or movies etc that are very quiet)

What is your favourite media player, for music, videos or otherwise, and why?
For movies I go with VLC any time. Both for the reasons you mentioned, and 'cause it plays just about every format there is.

For music I go with iTunes. It's a good player, and I have an iPod...

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I bounce back and forth between Winamp and Itunes. I feel itunes works great for lan parties and small networks (as far as music sharing) although if you want simplicity or need to broadcast to another site Winamp seems easier to use imho.

Edit: Also, I know it's like the in thing to hate apple/mac/etc. now but I do prefer the Itunes interface better. There I said it. *runs away from before he gets burned at the stake*

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Music: MediaMonkey. Seriously, it's really good.
Videos: VLC Player

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I said "other" but for me when it comes to movies it's a tossup between VLC and MPlayer. They play just about anything, and it's in good quality too. For music, I don't have it on my computer now (I run Linux), but iTunes really is the best, I must admit. It's just the easiest to use.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
For movies and video I use VLC and music I use iTunes because well I have a Mac and an iPhone... Kinda makes sense...

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I just use WMP. It's just so much more lightweight than other programs (that I have on my computer). I don't know, I'm just too lazy to get anything better.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Winamp, dunno why though, maybe it's easy, i dunno, it functions.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
VLC! WOO!

I also used MPlayer back when I used a mac. They both run all kinds of formats that the proprietary mainstream players don't. Gotta love open source.

I use iTunes for music; tried some open source players but I couldn't get them to run with my iPod.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Foobar for music.

I don't watch many DVDs on my computer, but I've found VLC is good for obscure formats I've downloaded. It's handled everything I've thrown at it so far.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
I use iTunes every now and then to sync to my iPod and iPhone, but for listening to music it's Winamp. Movie-wise, I use Media Player Classic Homecinema.